Westfield 33 West Brook 24 FINAL

KFDM COOP

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scoring summary

WES -- Nick Sampson 81-yard kickoff return. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 11:48, 1st.

BWB -- Christian Michael 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 00:02, 1st.

BWB -- Dean Lauher 30-yard field goal, 00:05, 2nd.

WES -- Jacoby Walker 49-yard pass to Adam Watson. PAT Failed kick ( ), 08:15, 3rd.

WES -- Bo Walker 4-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 05:41, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Louis 48-yard pass to Christian Michael. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 01:07, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Michael 17-yard run. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 10:45, 4th.

WES -- Bo Walker 6-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 08:06, 4th.

WES -- Bo Walker 73-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 00:36, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

With only 36 seconds left on the clock, Westfield's Bo Walker sealed the deal with a 73-yard run. He rushed for 43 yards in the first half and 178 in the second.

Hurricane Humberto interfered with practice for Beaumont West Brook. Practice fields were soaked by 10 or more inches of rain early Thursday.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook    Westfield

Total yards                                414                      368

First downs                                  14                        10

Rushes/Yds                              36/163                  32/306

Average rush                              4.53                      9.56

Comp/Atts                                12/29                      2/10

Pass yards                                  251                        62

Comp pct                                  41.38                      20

Punts                                          5                            6

Punting Yards                              162                        203

Punting Average                          32.4                      33.83

Fumbles/Lost                              2/0                        2/1

Penalties-yards                          3-15                      8-65

Yea, but talking to friends from the game, this was the Mustangs game to lose.  Brook moved the ball well but couldnt' convert.  I guess the LBs need to help the line out more to be sucessful in the playoffs.  They'll see teams like this a dime or dozen later in the playoffs. You made this area look good out there, Brook.

Scoring summary

WES -- Nick Sampson 81-yard kickoff return. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 11:48, 1st.

BWB -- Christian Michael 9-yard run. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 00:02, 1st.

BWB -- Dean Lauher 30-yard field goal, 00:05, 2nd.

WES -- Jacoby Walker 49-yard pass to Adam Watson. PAT Failed kick ( ), 08:15, 3rd.

WES -- Bo Walker 4-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 05:41, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Louis 48-yard pass to Christian Michael. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 01:07, 3rd.

BWB -- Christian Michael 17-yard run. PAT Kick ( Dean Lauher ), 10:45, 4th.

WES -- Bo Walker 6-yard run. PAT Failed kick ( ), 08:06, 4th.

WES -- Bo Walker 73-yard run. PAT Kick ( Ernesto Lazo ), 00:36, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

With only 36 seconds left on the clock, Westfield's Bo Walker sealed the deal with a 73-yard run. He rushed for 43 yards in the first half and 178 in the second.

Hurricane Humberto interfered with practice for Beaumont West Brook. Practice fields were soaked by 10 or more inches of rain early Thursday.

Team Stats

Beaumont West Brook     Westfield

Total yards                                 414                       368

First downs                                  14                        10

Rushes/Yds                               36/163                   32/306

Average rush                              4.53                       9.56

Comp/Atts                                 12/29                      2/10

Pass yards                                  251                         62

Comp pct                                   41.38                       20

Punts                                          5                            6

Punting Yards                              162                        203

Punting Average                          32.4                      33.83

Fumbles/Lost                               2/0                        2/1

Penalties-yards                           3-15                      8-65

They called back two bombs that would have added at least another 150 yards to the passsing stats.  So WB's offense really had Westfield's defense on the ropes.

They called back two bombs that would have added at least another 150 yards to the passsing stats.  So WB's offense really had Westfield's defense on the ropes.

I'm very concerned about the kicking game. Mainly kickoff coverage. These two teams match up well. Another night, the score could be reversed. Before the season started I was thinking 21-5A was up for grabs between,WB, PAM, Lee and maybe Kingwood. I'm starting to like WB's chances now. Expecting PAM to put up more points, though!!

Judging by your post onthat other thread, I take it that you want Falgout to start because he's White?  Louis has the better arm.  Falgout is better runner.  Start Louis and bring Falgout in sometimes to show a different look.  I'm all about letting the best players in the bests situations to win.  If the better player was pink, that's who would be playing.

is Stump rotating them?

Judging by your post onthat other thread, I take it that you want Falgout to start because he's White?  Louis has the better arm.  Falgout is better runner.  Start Louis and bring Falgout in sometimes to show a different look.  I'm all about letting the best players in the bests situations to win.  If the better player was pink, that's who would be playing.

OMG! I cant believe you said that! Why is it when something doesn't go your way you have to bring race into it. Is Falgout a better QB, well maybe so, but that doesn't mean you have to dis someone because he likes one QB over another. Race has nothing to do with it. I'm so sick of hearing excuses about things like this......bring another card to the table and grow up, cause the race card is all played out!!!!! I would expect better from the people on this board! Ya know BMTSoulja, I believe I've lost a bit of respect for you after that stupid comment!

OMG! I cant believe you said that! Why is it when something doesn't go your way you have to bring race into it. Is Falgout a better QB, well maybe so, but that doesn't mean you have to dis someone because he likes one QB over another. Race has nothing to do with it. I'm so sick of hearing excuses about things like this......bring another card to the table and grow up, cause the race card is all played out!!!!! I would expect better from the people on this board! Ya know BMTSoulja, I believe I've lost a bit of respect for you after that stupid comment!

what are you talking about?  You show me where I dissed you.  I'm just stating what I believe.  I think that your the only one that say that Falgout should start and is better then Louis.  I just don't agree and by that other post on the other thread, I just felt the way I felt.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings.  ::) ::) .  Stupid post?  Ha ha. Funny.

The stats that were posted as far as wins and losses date back to when WOS and Nederland were 5A?  dang, you are living in the 80's???!!!!  We are talking about 2007 here.  Let go of the 1982 5A team.  That was another world ago.  heck, that was actually when West Brook would let several white kids play as opposed to now. (I'd like to know where the person that posted the wins and losses got the information and I think it would be interesting to see the years they relate to.  Were you the one that posted it.  Please post the score and the year of each score and the level at which each school played.  Let's compare apples to apples here.

As for Central and Ozen...I really could care less about whether they are good or bad in football.  It would be nice to see a Beaumont school actually go to state again but it really is not important in the grand scheme of things.  I would consider myself more of a West Brook fan than a Central or Ozen fan so I'm not the least bit upset that they aren't going to state every year in football.

None of the Beaumont High Schools have been elite in football in a long time.  Now, if you want to take it back to the 80's that's another story.  The Beaumont schools have had an occasional good year but that's it.  When's the last time a Beaumont high school has made it to a state championship game?

And Hebert and Ozen faithful say 'we just leave the door open'?  They say that because the only ones wanting to go in those doors are neighborhood kids.  And, judging by West Brook's enrollment, the Ozen neighborhood kids don't want to go there either.  I've always been puzzled why the blacks don't want to go to school with other blacks in their own neighborhood...but I suppose that's a whole different topic.

Obviously, you are such a fan (atic) of Beaumont high school football that you can't see reality.  The reality is, in the last 15 or so years it has NOT been 'some of the best in the state'.

Oh, and I know Smith is a middle school.  If I'm not mistaken it's another one of all black schools that the blacks don't want to got to because there are blacks there.

And, unfortunately, the zoning is not being corrected with the bond.  That's one of the 3 major problems with this bond (the other 2 being not splitting it up into smaller pieces, and including this sports complex.  For some reason many people think the kids nowadays need to play in a 40 million dollar stadium while teachers get paid 36,000 per year.  No, I'm not a teacher...but judging by your post, we need more good ones in BISD.  I assume that's where you went to school or go to school.)  So, even if the bond passes, the black 'leaders' will get their wish...which is obviously to run all of the whites out of BISD and, in turn, make Lumberton a 5A school.

P.S.  You may want to use spell check and grammar check:  'that the feeling I'm getting'  should be "that's the feeling I'm getting".  Faithful is spelled with one L.  "zoning argument don't mean a thing" should be "zoning argument doesn't mean a thing".  "Reeping" is spelled 'reaping'.  'Zoneing' does not have an e, it's 'zoning'.  "Allways" has one L not 2..it's spelled 'always'.  Hopefully, these are all just typo's or you are only in 3rd grade because my 3rd grader knows how to spell all of these words.

This is the post that rubbed on me kind of funny.  If you didnt' mean it like that, then my bad.  And obviously, there was another poster onthe Central/Brook thread that felt the same way.

The stats that were posted as far as wins and losses date back to when WOS and Nederland were 5A?  dang, you are living in the 80's???!!!!  We are talking about 2007 here.  Let go of the 1982 5A team.  That was another world ago.  heck, that was actually when West Brook would let several white kids play as opposed to now. (I'd like to know where the person that posted the wins and losses got the information and I think it would be interesting to see the years they relate to.  Were you the one that posted it.  Please post the score and the year of each score and the level at which each school played.  Let's compare apples to apples here.

As for Central and Ozen...I really could care less about whether they are good or bad in football.  It would be nice to see a Beaumont school actually go to state again but it really is not important in the grand scheme of things.  I would consider myself more of a West Brook fan than a Central or Ozen fan so I'm not the least bit upset that they aren't going to state every year in football.

None of the Beaumont High Schools have been elite in football in a long time.  Now, if you want to take it back to the 80's that's another story.  The Beaumont schools have had an occasional good year but that's it.  When's the last time a Beaumont high school has made it to a state championship game?

And Hebert and Ozen faithful say 'we just leave the door open'?  They say that because the only ones wanting to go in those doors are neighborhood kids.  And, judging by West Brook's enrollment, the Ozen neighborhood kids don't want to go there either.  I've always been puzzled why the blacks don't want to go to school with other blacks in their own neighborhood...but I suppose that's a whole different topic.

Obviously, you are such a fan (atic) of Beaumont high school football that you can't see reality.  The reality is, in the last 15 or so years it has NOT been 'some of the best in the state'.

Oh, and I know Smith is a middle school.  If I'm not mistaken it's another one of all black schools that the blacks don't want to got to because there are blacks there.

And, unfortunately, the zoning is not being corrected with the bond.  That's one of the 3 major problems with this bond (the other 2 being not splitting it up into smaller pieces, and including this sports complex.  For some reason many people think the kids nowadays need to play in a 40 million dollar stadium while teachers get paid 36,000 per year.  No, I'm not a teacher...but judging by your post, we need more good ones in BISD.  I assume that's where you went to school or go to school.)  So, even if the bond passes, the black 'leaders' will get their wish...which is obviously to run all of the whites out of BISD and, in turn, make Lumberton a 5A school.

P.S.  You may want to use spell check and grammar check:  'that the feeling I'm getting'  should be "that's the feeling I'm getting".  Faithful is spelled with one L.  "zoning argument don't mean a thing" should be "zoning argument doesn't mean a thing".  "Reeping" is spelled 'reaping'.  'Zoneing' does not have an e, it's 'zoning'.  "Allways" has one L not 2..it's spelled 'always'.  Hopefully, these are all just typo's or you are only in 3rd grade because my 3rd grader knows how to spell all of these words.

This is the post that rubbed on me kind of funny.  If you didnt' mean it like that, then my bad.  And obviously, there was another poster onthe Central/Brook thread that felt the same way.

WWWHHHHOOA, come on guys. Lets keep it football. Politics make me shy away from issues. ;D why I just stick to football subjects. it's simple. Culm down guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami