* 2A Kountze 29 1A Evadale 6 Final/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Are we now qualifying scores by listing school classifications?

Because Kountze is 2A and Evadale Class A, does that somehow make this less of a win for the Lions?

I keep reading this stuff about how Kountze only wins because these teams are tiny ...

I know for sure that Hull-Daisetta was ranked in the top 25 in the state in Class A and the Lions beat them.

I believe Tenaha was ranked in the top 25 and Kountze beat them.

Evadale is a good football team and has shown much improvement over last year, when they advanced to the playoffs.

So why is it so hard to believe that Kountze might actually just simply be good this year?

Kountze, Lumberton, Hardin, ...all in the same boat. People keep running them down to make themselves feel a little more confident about their alma mater. These teams are much better than last year, and look to be contenders, but you will have  to prove it before anyone will believe. Play with something to prove. Its motivation!! Use it!!

If what Lumberton and Kountze have done so far this season doesn't prove something, then I don't know what will.

You really have to see Kountze to believe it ... their defense is as good as I've ever seen and the offense is just killing people.

If they stay healthy, anything could happen.

But I'm certain folk will continue to call Kountze a "basketball school" regardless.

I don't take anything away from the basketball program in Kountze. No doubt they have earned the trophies and medals. All I'm saying is that the football team this year will prove that Kountze is way more than a single-facet sports program.

By the way ... The Lionettes volleyball program is kicking butt this season. They won state titles in the not so distant past. Maybe Kountze is really just a volleyball school?

Guest ECBucFan

Are we now qualifying scores by listing school classifications?

Because Kountze is 2A and Evadale Class A, does that somehow make this less of a win for the Lions?

I would not take the listings personal. All games are listed, and I don't believe anyone is trying to single out and cheapen the Kountze wins. If they are, they are wrong. Anyone paying attention knows Kountze is improved. I think the listings are just for more info. Keep up the good work, Lions.

Kountze did give up two fumbles inside the five yard line that should have been touchdowns, but that is football. The score that Evadale got was a pass for a touchdown and the JV kids were not covering the receiver. I think if some schools want to take Kountze lightly then let them. They will come to play under prepared and get beat. Yes, Kountze is now 3-0 let them enjoy it. They have plenty of football left to play and all the kids are ready.

It is really simple.  Kountze has not made the playoffs since the early 70s.  At one point they led the state with the longest losing streak.  Beating up on smaller schools regardless of how a preseason ranking had them ranked means nothing.  It is good to see these wins give the boys confidence and maybe just maybe they are building on something.  Kountze has to win when it counts to get the proverbial "monkey off their backs".  I was in Kountze for years and there were a few times when they started the season strong but faltered when it counted.  If Kountze wants to shed their "basketball school" image come back here in week 9 or 10 when they are trying to figure who their first round opponent may be.

the game could have been way more lopsided.. however kountze lost two fumbles inside the 5 yard line. and the evadale touchdown came in the last few minutes of the game when the lions sub'd in the kids that were called up from the JV

Now that sounds like making excuses.  You could always play up a classification. 

It is what it is...we scrimmaged Buna, played Dville and Kountze.  The 2a district is tough.  I wish them all luck cause they are going to beat the crap out of each other.  And yes, Kountze is for real. Maybe as good as I've ever seen them.  The 2a crown will be rough and tumble.  Hold your heads up Rebels, 1a's from here on out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder