Does Texas need to have a 6A division?

You bet!  The numbers that begin one class to the next has become too vast.  It seems schools are "dropping" in classification every two years.  Example, if Buna goes back to 3A next year, and that depends on uncle Chuck, can you see them competing with Silsbee and Jasper?  What if Deweyville drops from 2A to 1A.  High Island with less than 100 kids in high school would be humiliated.  Something needs to be done on the state level.  

I do remember talking on this subject, just seems to me one more division such as a 6A would align schools with MORE similar numbers.  It will still cause alot of travel issues, but sure seems that it would be easier than changing just for football then back the same for other sports.  You could also just flat out do away with division I or II.

Simplicity in a complex issue... ;)

NO, we have too many divisions, too many teams in the playoffs, and too many state champions in my opinion.  The last one could be eliminated by having the D1 and D2 champs play each other after their respective title games.  I think all districts need to be 6-teamers with the top two going to the playoffs.

There needs to be a 6A,and go back to two teams in the playoffs.This inclusive crap is is just crap. If the teams are not good enough to make it they stay home. That is real life.This would to true Champions in each division.

well, that's the way it used to be. only the top two teams in each district make the post-season!

In using PA- Jefferson as a Guidline......to my knowledge they moved up during every class change......

1920 was first year to have 1A

19 years later

1939 was first year to have 2A

12 years later

1951 was first year for 3A & 4A

29 years later

1980 was first year to have 5A

28 years later

it will be 2008..................

History is saying....it's time..........

I'm from SETX but going to college in Alabama.  Alabama has a 6A and it seems to work fine.  The thing is Texas could do it so much easier.  Look at the difference in the number of schools in these two states.  If Alabama can make 6 divisions work I think Texas can too.

well if im gonna have to listen to   there are going to be people complaining about how West Brook should beat a Central or Ozen just because they have a thousand kid difference than yes...because tonight West Brook plays a team with 2500 more kids then themselves

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder