Central Or Nederland Will Win District

Guest Bridge City Card

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central or Nederland???

Dayton will be in the thick of things...

Any team that loses their starting two linebackers for the 2nd half will not be the same.

Nederland had a huge victory, but after losing their QB they barely hung on for victory.

I still see the Dayton vs Central game to determine the championship...

The PNG vs Nederland game is looking more and more like the game for 3rd place (If PNG gets by LCM...)

"Any team that loses their starting two linebackers for the 2nd half will not be the same."

Okay, can we stop with this excuse already...it's really getting played out.

Wo-s lost their best player in the first half. Had to depend on a running back, a quarterback, a back up quarterback and several other players who haven't played a game on varsity to win.

Not having the two linebackers had nothing to do with why Dayton got shutout in the second half...the better team won...period.

I'm sorry, but I see so many excuses made by different teams on here for the reason their team lost. Wo-s could have said it was pouring down raining was the reason they couldn't score or stop Dayton from scoring in the first half, but it was because of the fact that Dayton just came out and put it on them in the first half.

Wo-s made adjustments like they always do and they played in the second half like they know they can play. They didn't say oh our best player is out, we're down 14 points so we don't have a chance. Other players saw this as an opportunity to show what they could do and that's why they won.

Dayton has a great team. They look about as good as last year, so Central will not just roll against them and I don't see Nederland beating them. Seems like teams think because they lost to a "3a" school, they must be down. They lost to us last year and they still won the district. I know alot of these teams in 22AAAA memory isn't that bad. They know what Wo-s has done to them over the years, nothing has changed...they are still the same Wo-s... Dayton will be fine.

Your right...dayton will be fine. But, when we lost those to lb's we also lost our starting running back. Remember our first td....it was on the ground...it was one of those linebackers. He is our primary running back.

WOS made good adjustments, yes, but you cannot deny that our defense was totally different w/o those two guys. No one said we were down because we lost to a 3A team. WOS is good. WOS had the backups to respond. Where as we replaced our all-district linebacker and defensive newcomer of the year with 2 sophomores who had never played a varsity, regular season snap. As I've said before; maybe it's a positive that those young guys got thrown into the fire against such a high caliber running game.

Guest 87CRU79

I think that Nederland has a long road ahead wo/ Sampere. Kirby Bellow is going to take his lumps these next 2 non-district games before going into district.

A) The offensive line needs to gel and come together as unit so that we can establish the running game. We have one really talented back (Bass) and another fairly solid one in Roy.

B) The defense is going to have to keep the intensity that they had in the Brenham game for the rest of the year so that we can keep a lot of pressure off of our offense.

C) Our coaches can't put the game in the hands of Bellow and expect him to win it for us. He needs to just get the ball in the hands of our playmakers such as Broussard, Cardenas, Stanley, and Bass.

D) Some strong senior leadership needs to take place, and keep the under classmen from panicking.

This is all needs to take effect if we hope to make PLAYOFFS. Winning the district went out of the window Friday.

Looks like it's mud bowl 2, WBbear.  lol.  Not good for either of our teams.  lol. Yall two beasts will need construction machine wheels (tracks)!

may become a defensive battle Soulja, if its too muddy. Both teams look evenly matched on both sides of the ball. It may come down to kickers where Central has the edge.

Might come down to tackles, where obviously, you guys excel in.  Didnt' see that many missed tackles Friday.

Did you see the play, when Lee QB got pened in between 4 Central defenders. I thought we had the sack and he came out. And made a big play on us. We need to wrap up.  The defensive coaches have to get this straight this week. They are not wrappin up.

Yes, some of Brooks tackles were bone crushing. They will have to do the same Friday night especially they will need to put a hat on Thomas. Arm tackling by either side this week will not cut it. Also, conditioning will come in to play....slow track, heat,humidity...who will handle it best.This is why i believe Louis will play more at QB this game because with Central good passing game Falgout will have to stay fresh.

Did you see the play, when Lee QB got pened in between 4 Central defenders. I thought we had the sack and he came out. And made a big play on us. We need to wrap up.  The defensive coaches have to get this straight this week. They are not wrappin up.

Stowers will get this corrected. At times Central was reaching and grabing instead of wrapping up. This will happen if you have poor technique, inexperience or poor conditioning. I believe it was a technique problem and that corretable in a very short time.

We are armtackling.  That QB got away and threw the first TD for them.  I was on fire after that.  And the whole game, he have tackles in the backfield and somehow, they get away and get an extra 5 yards.  Not going to cut it against Brook.

Don't crown us district champs. With the recent injury news about our QB Sampere being out for the year, we will be fortunate to make the playoffs in my opinion. I am wondering who will emerge as our QB. Will it be Kirby Bellow, Aaron Small, or Jordan Landry?? Does the freshman starting QB who is a specimen at 6'3 or 6'4 220 have any shot? It will be interesting to see what direction we go in.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124