**Central vs Baytown Lee POSTPONED UNTIL 2PM**

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it now.  Clear skies, not a cloud to be seen.  No rain in a 150 mile radius, yet Beaumont Central's meterologist keeps getting some random lightning strikes in the danger radius....just long enough for Lee to get stiff and disinterested in that locker room....Then bam, right on cue, it's game time, Jaguars coming running out of the locker room ready to roll....

Let me know if that's how it goes tomorrow(for the second day in a row) yeoj

Central  officials. . . now  thats  funny!! Refs  try  everything to keep the other  team in  the  game.  What  was that  conversation  between  Olin and  the  refs  about?  stalling?  So we jump  out the  tunnel to  play Brook  and  Lamarque  but  stalling with  Lee?  Im  busting a  seem laughing here!

Tell me why they didn't play then.

We can rule out lightning, because there was no lightning.  You really think olin was sending up reports to the pa announcer to get him to say another 30 minute delay every 15 minutes?

Olin doesn't have that kind of pull.  I doubt seriously that Lee would want to drive all the way out there again anyways.  It makes no sense for Lee to not want to play last night.  Lee has played in rain plenty of times. 

Give me a good reason why the game was not played. 

Tell me why they didn't play then.

We can rule out lightning, because there was no lightning.  You really think olin was sending up reports to the pa announcer to get him to say another 30 minute delay every 15 minutes?

Olin doesn't have that kind of pull.  I doubt seriously that Lee would want to drive all the way out there again anyways.  It makes no sense for Lee to not want to play last night.  Lee has played in rain plenty of times. 

Give me a good reason why the game was not played. 

Lightning ;D ;D

lol

It should be a good game.  Central did look tough.

Fortunately for them, they knew since 7:00 when the "lightning" would stop lol

Lee had no idea when mother nature would decide to stop the lightning.  Central though?  They knew to be ready at the locker room door at precisely 8:58, because then and only then would the "lightning" have stopped.

What do you know?  The "lightning" had stopped right on cue.

If they have near as much precision and timing on the field as they do with the "lightning" shenanigans, they are going to be tough.

LOL...  You guys sure have a lot of conspiracies considering its a meaningless non-district game. 

Panama - you think they were trying to "ice" Lee?  C'mon!

BMT - um, you think Olin saw how good Central looked and started saying "I saw lightening, I saw lightening!" every 20 minutes?  rofl

Look, Lee has to go down there and play.  You kind of expect Beaumont to screw the weather up, screw up application of the lightening rule, screw up the ticket refund plan, etc. 

Maybe they can get it in today.  If not, good riddance to Beaumont for awhile! :)

So  we  predicting  lightening  strikes? Call us  the Beaumont  Central Chargers or Lightening  Rods.  Or anything  close  to  that.  No dodgeing  the bullet  twice.

You're not following my premise.

They were able to predict when the (ALLEGED) "lightning" would quit because there was no lightning.  The (MADE UP) "lightning" was all a ploy to keep Lee in that dressing room for an extended period of time and get them complacent and not interested in the game.  Only to have the fake, made up lightning move out just in time for Central to come roaring out of the locker room.

Drake, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them over there. 

I'm being about 70% sarcastic when I claim they were trying to ice Lee, but there has to be a reason that the fake lightning ploy was being used.  Trying to ice Lee is the best reason I could come up with. 

Panama did bring up one good point:

Assuming the lightening delay was legit, why did the Jaguars get to come out to warm up with 10+ minutes still left on the delay?  Lightening isn't as dangerous during warmups?

The Jags were fully ready to go and allowed out early while the Ganders were still undressed, apparently unaware that the game was on and they had the option to get out during the madatory delay.

You know, the problem with playing in the Golden Triangle is;  the attitude there is "anything you can get away with is okay"...  Just ask Humble if that ain't true. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83