**Central vs Baytown Lee POSTPONED UNTIL 2PM**

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I made it home now. 

This was a weird one.  I just looked it up and there's 5 miles between Cardinal Stadium, where I assume WB/Ozen played and Zaharias Stadium.  You will have a hard time convincing me that lightning was striking in the danger radius of Zaharias, but not at all for Cardinal Stadium.  Did I say you would have hard time convincing me?  Let me rephrase that.  No way in hell you could convince me of that. 

Someone was playing an angle tonight.  Not sure what was going on.  Just weird all around.

Man, I didn't see a lightning strike one the whole time I was there. 

I realize there is a radius they work with.  Any strikes in that radius and it's another delay to wait it out.  It would take one of the greatest all time anomalies for lightning to continue striking for 2 straight hours within Central's radius but nary a lightning strike within WB/Ozen's radius.  It's bordering on the absurd to have someone believe that to be the case.

On top of that, they had 2 hours to come up with their refund plan.  I have to work tomorrow.  I can't goto Beaumont tomorrow to watch the game.  I get to the gate at 9pm, after they postponed it til tomorrow.  Two ladies sitting there with a paper bag full of tickets, handing them back out.  I don't need a ticket.  No money refund is what I hear at first.  Then 10 minutes later I hear, gotta goto the home side to get your money.  I drive around there, got 500 people in line lol

No way I'm getting out there and waiting inline for 2 hours for 6 bucks.  I take it on to the house. 

Where'd the 6 dollars go that I just gave to the visitor's side I wonder?  Did they already transfer all that money over to the home side?  That's a bit hard to believe.

Let  me  start of by saying that I didnt see 1 strike of lightening.  At first  I thought  the Lee coaches  just didnt want to play in the  rain.  Found  it strange that  brook  could finish  their  game,  even  though theyre  right down  the  street.  When  they  called  the  game  of,  went  to the  brook  game and  didnt see  1  drop  of  rain,  let  alone  lightening.  BTW,  Lee's unies look just  like  our  last  years  away unies.

I personally thought that Central was trying to ice the Lee team.  Those little field houses, cramped up in there, waiting around, getting stiff...

Then bam, all the sudden, there's still 10 minutes on the delay clock and hey come on out everybody.  The Lee players were all out of their pads, milling around out by the buses.  The Central players were all fired up, ready to go, standing at the entrance to the field house. 

Something seemed weird about the whole ordeal.  I think Lee's coaches might have made the final decision at the end not to play, simply because the whole thing reeked.  I don't blame Olin for not falling for whatever angle was trying to be played.  Come back tomorrow.  Start fresh, don't make Lee stand around in a cramped, small field house for 3 hours.  I'm not saying for sure Olin pulled the plug on tonight's action, but I agree with him if he did.

The rain and lightning stopped around Winnie when I was coming back from Houston tonight. What is the chances of lightning tomorrow? ;D

That's what I'm saying man.  The closer I got to Baytown, the worse it got.  I wouldnt have been sittin in those aluminum stands if I felt in harm's way.  I kid you not.  I did not see a SINGLE bolt of lightning for the two hours I was sitting in those stands.  I would have quickly moved my happy ass under the bleachers if I did.  I don't know what radar they were using that was picking up lightning strikes, but it must be a different radar than the one West Brook used 5 minutes up the road there.

If they are waiting for a 4 hour period of time where not a single bolt of lightning is going to strike any where within a 50 mile radius, let's just go ahead and cancel the season.  It's a wonder they ever get any games in with those strict regulations they used last night.

Hey,  u  talking  about  our  'aluminum stands and  small locker  room'.  Yall  probably  was  talking about  our grassy field which  will stain  yall pretty jerseys up!  Nothing  like  that nice turf in Goose Creek,  huh?  Which  leads me  to somewhat  believe Olin  didnt want  to see those 'fired up' jags.  Smashmouth vs finess precision  passing. . . white tutus(jerseys) vs black (what you where  to funerals).  In rainy weather?  U do  the  math.

The stands are aluminum, which is pertinent to my point.  I wouldn't be sitting on them if I felt in danger from lightning.  The field house is small.  too small for the Lee team to really fit in there, hence them milling around out by the buses.

I'm not trying to belittle what Central has.  I'm just stating facts as they relate to what I felt was Central trying to play the stall game.

Why was Central right there at the door ready, knowing the delay was almost over lol

You telling me they were standing there for the 90 minutes right there at the door?  Don't think so.  It all seemed too convenient to me.

Lee has no problem playing in the rain.  Lee's running game will be uop there with the best in the Houston area this year.  I doubt seriously Olin has the pull to make the game be delayed because of wet conditions lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83