PAM/Central Scrimmage Results!

Central won overall 7-4. Central outscored Memorial 6-2 in the controlled part of the scrimage. They played a half with a running clock and Memorial had a 2-1 advantage. Memorial scored on two screens. Charlie thomas did have an eighty run TD run. Derrick Hall got started when he was put at QB.

I don't think PAM scored during the controled part of the scrimmage.  Part of the problem was playing Revulta(sp) and Alexander @QB instead of HBIV.  Also, they're running a Bear look on defense.(For those of you in MC who don't know football), 4 down, 2LB's, 1LB in the gap over the OT, single safety, Corners playing man.  I know it adds up to 10, but they were so close to the line of scrimmage, I couldn't find that 8th person in the box.  Now during game situation, PAM's O came alive with HBIV throwing 2 perfect screens(he allowed Central's Dline to come all the way before throwing) and the defense played as if they were fresh.....

I don't think PAM scored during the controled part of the scrimmage.  Part of the problem was playing Revulta(sp) and Alexander @QB instead of HBIV.  Also, they're running a Bear look on defense.(For those of you in MC who don't know football), 4 down, 2LB's, 1LB in the gap over the OT, single safety, Corners playing man.  I know it adds up to 10, but they were so close to the line of scrimmage, I couldn't find that 8th person in the box.  Now during game situation, PAM's O came alive with HBIV throwing 2 perfect screens(he allowed Central's Dline to come all the way before throwing) and the defense played as if they were fresh.....

How the WRs looking?

How the WRs looking?

Didn't throw to them much with success.  HBIV had the most completions, Alexander would either just throw to the left or roll out and throw back to the middle of the field.  Revulta(sp) arm looked weak...

this an unbias quoate. 85 is a jag lover more than a PAM lover.sounds like game time they came together??? what about the rb spot??? did the transfer kid look good???

I love all of the hood.  You're beginning to sound like a MC poser.  Anyway, the RB's are still light in the back side.  I couldn't tell who was who since PAM wore numberless jerseys.  They don't hit the hole hard enough for me

Also, they're running a Bear look on defense.(For those of you in MC who don't know football), 4 down, 2LB's, 1LB in the gap over the OT, single safety, Corners playing man. 

Are you talking about the "Bear Defense" that's usually called a "46"?  Which is called a "46" because Buddy Ryan named it after Doug Plank who wore number 46 and was the strong safety on those Chicago Bears teams when Ryan was the DC and developed the defense?  That "Bear D"?  Thanks for enlightening this person from MC who marvels at your infinite wisdom about all things football.  ::)

Are you talking about the "Bear Defense" that's usually called a "46"?  Which is called a "46" because Buddy Ryan named it after Doug Plank who wore number 46 and was the strong safety on those Chicago Bears teams when Ryan was the DC and developed the defense?  That "Bear D"?  Thanks for enlightening this person from MC who marvels at your infinite wisdom about all things football.   ::)

I'll take name that defense after footballplayers for 200 Alex.....

Glad you know some trivia and yes I was referring to Buddy Ryans invention.  After talking to a Coach friend of mine, he said they were probably and this is his term, Double Eagle.  Nevertheless, they had 8 in the box playing man on the corners.  At times---well during game situation, it worked

I'll take name that defense after footballplayers for 200 Alex.....

Glad you know some trivia and yes I was referring to Buddy Ryans invention.  After talking to a Coach friend of mine, he said they were probably and this is his term, Double Eagle.  Nevertheless, they had 8 in the box playing man on the corners.  At times---well during game situation, it worked

Have you seen Dayton's D?  A nose, two 3's, weak end, strong end, and the backers stacked over the tackles, with a cover 3 or man-free look in the secondary...  It's tough to prep for since no one else around here runs anything similar.

The problem with the 46 and Double Eagle - which in some circles is a ghost 7 and 4i on the weak side with a strong shade and 4i on the strong side with a 7 or a 9 - is that there are waaaaay too many adjustments when you face a four-wide team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83