why WO-S

In the past, Bay City has been a powerhouse in 4A - going to state more than once in the stretch we've been playing them. It's always a fun game and you can "throw the records out the window." I would like to see us play PN-G again, since it's been quite a while and those games were almost ALWAYS close, but I do look forward to the Bay City game pretty much every year. Remember 2000? Our only loss was in the state game, and their only loss of the season was to us in the Dome (they won D1 state). Remember 2002? It was a 53-35 shootout, also in the Astrodome. In 2003, we won 14-7. In 2005, we won by one point (35-34) by shutting them out of the end zone on a two-point conversion attempt AFTER they accepted a defensive penalty during a successful PAT. Last year, when we won 20-12, the game was a little lackluster. But the great games far outweight the dull ones.

Plus Im tired of PNG playing Brenham, La Marque or any of those other teams. Play WOS who is right down the road! When those two teams get together, the last things you have to worry about are packed houses and great games.

This is not a knock on WOS, but if I'm the AD at PNG or Nederland, I keep playing the Brenham's and LaMarque's at Reliant any chance I can. That's just too good of exposure to pass up.

Agree on the Reliant deal...

WOS can talk all they want about the great success they have had over the last couple of decades, and rightly so, but....

When Reliant wanted to pick two teams to showcase SE Texas look at who they picked.

Nederland, a powerhouse (hard to say for a PNG grad) for this part of the state, and PNG (no other school in SE Texas has the tradition and fan following like the tribe).  As AD for either of these schools you really must play at Reliant if asked to appear.  Good exposure for the schools, plus the high school athletes get a shot to play at one of the finest football stadiums in the USA.

I wish they could play on Saturday, the attendance would maybe double...

i agree with you purple4 ever its a good thing for both schools and we proud of both of you.but i am still hopeing to see the old times back i always liked playing at PN-G and Nederland i know its not like playing in houston but i will take the parks in PN-G and Nederland and West orange enyday NO PLACE LIKE HOME dont you agree my friend

WOS can talk all they want about the great success they have had over the last couple of decades, and rightly so, but....

When Reliant wanted to pick two teams to showcase SE Texas look at who they picked.

Nederland, a powerhouse (hard to say for a PNG grad) for this part of the state, and PNG (no other school in SE Texas has the tradition and fan following like the tribe).  As AD for either of these schools you really must play at Reliant if asked to appear.  Good exposure for the schools, plus the high school athletes get a shot to play at one of the finest football stadiums in the USA.

It's a real honor for both Nederland and PNG to be invited.  Also, I think the biggest factor (not the only factor) those two schools were chosen has more to do with their large following.  The Reliant Stadium folks have a direct interest in filling the stands.  Still, based on both schools' tradition and state recognition, Nederland and PNG are well deserving choices. 

The last 2 games against wos have been horrible.The program went down and with it was the hype with this game to.I think this year you are going to see the blackcats play like they did with morris and trahan.We have a very good chance to go into the wos game 2-0.

It's more about the big crowd than the "strong tradition." PN-G brings in pretty big crowds, but as far as on-the-field tradition, I'd put us up at the top locally with Newton and up there with anyone in the state. PN-G/WO-S is always a great game, but we've won the last 7 or 8 straight. I think it's great for PN-G and Nederland to get a chance to play there, but if they were really interested in "showcasing" teams, they could easily lure SLC and Permian or Texarkana to fill those slots.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami