What game do you look foreward to the most this season as a player or fan?

• 2 months later...

as a player from HJ, im looking forward to playing Ozen and WOS.... because those games are the ones we have the best shot at winning...

as a fan... id have to say Lumberton/Central rematch should be good...

is HJ going to have an alumni game this year?  i know the one last year rained out, and i'd bought a pink head band and everything...

• 2 weeks later...

yea i cant wait til nederland smashes vidor.

nederland is going to have a good team this year.

it will be sweet watching vidor and png lose horribly to them.

Hmm, perhaps at home... BUT.... Nederland has NOT WON or SCORED on Vidor IN Vidor since the 05 season?? :) Plus, we did finish right in front of ya'll last year! I know Nederland is going to have an amazing team this year and will only get stronger in the years to come. The kids from Vidor have allot of heart and where they lack in talent they more then make up in work ethic. It’s going to be a good game... doubt Nederland will "smash" them though. Lol

yea i cant wait til nederland smashes vidor.

nederland is going to have a good team this year.

it will be sweet watching vidor and png lose horribly to them.

who is this guy?  my favorite thing about the soccer forum is that even though we're from all over the place, there is generally a lot of respect on here and very little trash talk.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics