Bonds homers, moves within one of Aaron's record

Bonds homers, moves within one of Aaron's record

SAN FRANCISCO — Barry Bonds hit his 754th career home run Friday night, moving within one of tying Hank Aaron's record.

Bonds sent a 2-1 pitch from Rick Vanden Hurk over the wall in left-center in the first inning against the Florida Marlins, giving the Giants a 2-1 lead on his 20th homer of the season.

The 43-year-old Bonds connected off his 444th pitcher - the first hailing from the Netherlands. Bonds had gone homerless in five games he played and 18 at-bats since he connected twice against the Chicago Cubs on July 19 at Wrigley Field. Bonds had been 3-for-18 since his previous homer.

A ``Road to History'' tribute played on the main center-field scoreboard with a greeting from Michael Jordan. Bonds reached 20 home runs for the 19th time in his 22-year career.

although i'm pretty positive that he cheated with steroids, i'm not going to believe it all the way until he fails a drug test. and that he has never done. and you know that he has probably been tested more than any other guy in the MLB!

Really disgraceful, that one of the most hallowed records in baseball is going to be broken by a cheater. What's his hat size? It was 7 1/4 as a rookie, it's now an 8.

So, what does that mean????Thats your proof,he wears a bigger hat? thats weak!!!!!

Dude,why do you hate Bonds so much and what exactly is disgraceful about him smashing this record??

He may not have tested positive but he has admited to using the "clear" he said he thought that it was flax seed oil. So how long was he "confused". When he breaks the record there will be ALOT of mixed feelings. but i think he will only have it for 7-8 years and then A-Rod will break it. Either way its a tremendous achievement. Cheater or not he hit alot of home runs. I just wish it was someone else instead of him

So, what does that mean????Thats your proof,he wears a bigger hat? thats weak!!!!!

Dude,why do you hate Bonds so much and what exactly is disgraceful about him smashing this record??

It's not weak, you're head doesn't grow naturally. Steroids however will make your head grow like a melon. Are you saying you doubt he has taken roids? Come on you don't even have a doubt about that. BTW they will help you catch up to that inside fastball hand-eye coordination or not.

guess on certain counts as to whats coming,weightlifting,spending time practicing on that one aspect, gaining knowledge of the league and how certain pitchers have pitched you in the past with certain counts,etc,etc, all these things help with the inside fastball. c'mon man come with something that makes just a little sense instead of these weak arguements.

You don't think steroids helped? C'mon!!!!!

I would say Ben Johson would say it helped with explosion, which is exactly what a swing is.

You do need explosion on your swing,BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO PUT THE BAT ON THE BALL THAT IS COMING AT YOU SOMETIMES AT OVER 90-100 MPH OR A BALL THAT LOOKS STRAIGHT THEN DROPS.ROIDS MIGHT HELP WITH STRENGTH BUT IT DOESNT IMPROVE YOUR ABILITY TO HIT A ROUND OBJECT WITH A ROUND OBJECT FLUSH.

ok,lets say 15-20 pitchers who struck him out per year were using performance enhancing drugs that added a little more break or 5-10 mph more on their fastball... this could go on and on and on.   ;)

Lat I heard, none of them were mentioned in Grand Jury precedings. ;)

But obviously we will have to agree to disagree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83