Burkeville 2007, and AD search

Much has been said over the past year about the district no being in good financial standing. Also, it was reported that the students of this school have been given the option to move to other schools by the state. I don't know if this true, its only speculation, but I have been in a place where students recieved permission to leave a district because of a poor academic rating.

i dont think it has anything to do with the state allowing students to move, it just comes down to these kids have family in newton and jasper and want to play for a winning team. burkeville can pull out of it, but there going to have to cut certain programs that they cant afford.  ive heard that this was a cause of alot of things happening over this summer alone, some know they cant keep spending, and others think they can have all these sports and programs and be just fine.

Word is that last years QB, Mcbride and his brother is trying to transfer to Newton. Burkeville lost  about 7 starters last year because of the previous hurricane and their enrolement is dropping. It will be hard to rebuild that team with so few players to work with. I think the brothers will be disappointed if they transfers because Newton is loaded and they may be riding the bench. Burkeville had to pay the state back about 250 thousand dollars because of enrolement drop last year. They had to cut back on teachers. If they get the right coach that little school may recover in a few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa