trades you would make for the Astros

Brad Lidge to BOS for prospects Bubba Bell recently called up to AA from high A and local Lumberton product Clay Buchholz.  Bell was hitting .370 with 22 HR and 10 SB in high A before his call up to Portland joining Buchholz who is 7-2 1.77 ERA as a starter with 116K in 86.2 IP in AA.  Bell has Houston ties as well before playing college ball at Nicholls State.  It's a deal you could realistically see Boston goign for since it only costs them 2 mid-level prospects both in AA right now, with Texas ties, who you could justify giving a September call up to to see what they have.  Boston is said to have interest in Lidge for a while and would provide additional back up should something happen to Papelbon.

I would call Atlanta first and see if you could get the Saltalamacchia kid from them.  Probably not, but he would instantly take over the catcher's position and solidify that for 4-5 years.

Other than that, I would start a bidding war between the Red Sox, Tigers and Indians and get as many prospects - of the highest quality - that I could. 

Of course, I don't trust Timmy P to do any of this!

Everybody around here would love to see Buch come back and pitch for the Astros. But there's NO WAY they give him up for lidge or anybody for that matter. He is the number one prospect in their farm system. he will be in their starting rotation probably next year. And they dont need lidge he cant start for them and they already have papelbon and okajima in case something happens to him what would they do with lidge?? Sure they wouldnt be opposed to adding a power arm but that price is way to steep for a pitcher as shown weakness is pressure moments and they will be deep in the playoffs and dont want a mid relief guy blowin it before u get to okajima and then papelbon Buch is stayin put in Bos for a long time to come hopefully all the way to cooperstown

one trade to remember....  Larry Andersen to BOS for Jeff Bagwell when Bags was their #1 prospect as well and as damaged goods as Lidge is he is better then Andersen was at that time.  Not saying its likely to happen, but there always a chance.

good point denis very good point, we traded for baggy and he was a mainstay in houston.

How often does that kind of history repeat though? I guess it would be worth a shot though considering Lidge has exactly 0 saves on the season. Former top 5 closer could get back to that level with a scenery change. It would be nice to get some more good prospects from Texas. Nice research whoever looked up those stats for those prospects.

Brad Lidge to BOS for prospects Bubba Bell recently called up to AA from high A and local Lumberton product Clay Buchholz.  Bell was hitting .370 with 22 HR and 10 SB in high A before his call up to Portland joining Buchholz who is 7-2 1.77 ERA as a starter with 116K in 86.2 IP in AA.  Bell has Houston ties as well before playing college ball at Nicholls State.   It's a deal you could realistically see Boston goign for since it only costs them 2 mid-level prospects both in AA right now, with Texas ties, who you could justify giving a September call up to to see what they have.  Boston is said to have interest in Lidge for a while and would provide additional back up should something happen to Papelbon.

COME ON YOU CAN GIVE UP ON LIDGE YET, IF I WERE THE ASTROS I'D JUST SEE HOW HE DOES THE REST OF THE YEAR, HEY I KNOW HE'S HAD SOME PROBLEMS, BUT IF HE EVER GETS IT TOGETHER HE'LL BEIN NEXT YEARS ALL-STAR GAME... HE CAN GET UP TO 100 MPH, AND USED TO HAVE AN AWESOME SLIDER, (DONT KNWO WHAT HAPPENED)BUT IF THE ASTROS TRADED HIM, AND HE GOES SOMEWHERE, GETS HIS MENTAL GAME AND HIS MECHANINCS DOWN AND IS UNHITTABLE, I'D BET THEY'D REGRET IT FOR A LONG TIME.... BUT IF HE STINKS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR ID GET RID OF HIM IN THE OFF-SEASON ;D

You can't just get rid of him in the offseason - you get nothing in return for him.  Then, if you don't offer him arbitration you lose a draft pick.  If he comes back after arbitration and he is still not right, you're paying probably 6-7 million dollars a year for a set up guy?

They need to trade him and get as much young talent as possible so they can fix this thing without breaking the bank on high priced free agent acquisitions.

No one said that making trades wasn't easy.

no offense denis, but your nuts! no one in major league baseball wants to put there hands on brad "blow another game" lidge. ESPECIALLY for clay buchholz, he is the NUMBER 1 prospect in the entire red sox organization. he will probably be the number 3 starter in their rotation next year. he's one of the best pitchers in minor league baseball, no one's giving that up. sure, i'd LOVE to see buchholz come to houston, but it WILL never happen!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder