2007 Lumberton Team Preview

This is the hidden content, please
Lumberton Raiders
This is the hidden content, please

A new attitude and added confidence follows the Lumberton Raiders into the 2007 season. Second year head coach Alvin Credeur looks to take the next step to getting the Raiders into the playoffs for the first time in school history. Lumberton took some strides into turning their program around last year with a few big wins and will try and build on that with the return of 16 starters.

Key Wins Last Year:

Bridge City (28-24)

Vidor (35-29)

Last Year’s Scores:

Lumberton 21 New Caney 14

Lumberton 28 Bridge City 24

Lumberton 49 Cleveland 0

Dayton 55 Lumberton 7

Lumberton 35 Vidor 29

Central 22 Lumberton 14

PN-G 36 Lumberton 23

Ozen 26 Lumberton 16

LC-M 20 Lumberton 7

Nederland 51 Lumberton 25

Offensive Summary

Lumberton welcomes back 8 offensive starters from an offense that averaged 22 points per game in 2006. QB Bryce DeJohn is back as well as RB Cody Hussey and will lead a potent Raider offense this year. In 2006 DeJohn put up great numbers by completing 111 passes for 1,538 yards and 16 touchdowns. RB Hussey also put up good numbers as he rushed for 786 yards and 6 touchdowns. Look for WR Travis Wilkerson to be one of DeJohn’s main targets this season.

Other Offensive Impact Players:

Cody Evans (TE)

Aaron Grillo (FB)

Defensive Summary

8 starters are also back on the defensive side of the ball for the Raiders in ’07. Last year the defense gave up an average of 28 points per game. A main anchor for the defense is LB Phil Speight who had 55 tackles last season. Also back are DE Jonathan Ward (34 tackles in ’06) and LB Jacob Hanna (49 tackles in ’06). Lumberton will need for their defense to step up in district to stop the high powered offenses that they will face.

Other Defensive Impact Players:

Aaron Credeur (DB)

Jeremy Carter (DB)

Justin Hare (DE)

Lumberton will open their season in week 1 with a road game at New Caney followed by the home opener against Bridge City in week 2. The non-district schedule is concluded by a road game at Cleveland. The Raiders open 22-4A play on September 28 at home against defending district champion Dayton. Here is the complete 2007 schedule for the Lumberton Raiders……

Aug. 31 OPEN

Sept. 7 @ New Caney

Sept. 14 Bridge City

Sept. 21 @ Cleveland

Sept. 28 Dayton*

Oct. 5 @ Vidor*

Oct. 12 Central*

Oct. 19 @ PN-G*

Oct. 26 Ozen*

Nov. 2 @ LC-M*

Nov. 9 Nederland*

The players have been working hard preparing for the upcoming season.. They are stronger,faster, quicker and more in shape with the camp they have been going to.. Their main goal is playoffs but they have to go one game at a time.. Good luck to all the local teams this upcomin season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have Lumberton finishing atleast 5-5 with all the starters back possibly 6-4 at best they should win all of the non-district games they have because the don't play anybody but small 3A schools. In district i see them possibly winning 2-3 games. This is a very tough district but lumberton were in quite a few district games last year when I say that i mean they didnt get blown out really in anygame besides dayton and nederland but who knows?

Guest raiderlane

I believe we have 41 players on the roster this year,compared to about 35 last year.to me that is a great sign for the future of this team.I know next year we will lose alot of seniors so it is very crucial that more guys get involved.I really do believe with our new coach and new attitude that things will get turned around.I know the last home games as well as away games,no matter how the game was going,the fans were staying until the end.that is one thing that really upsets me when these guys bust their butts all week and just because things are not going the fans way,they start piling out of the stands.I guarantee you if you go to a png or nederland game,you will see their fans still in the stands.that is where tradition truly begins, your community has to support your team...period.

I believe we have 41 players on the roster this year,compared to about 35 last year.to me that is a great sign for the future of this team.I know next year we will lose alot of seniors so it is very crucial that more guys get involved.I really do believe with our new coach and new attitude that things will get turned around.I know the last home games as well as away games,no matter how the game was going,the fans were staying until the end.that is one thing that really upsets me when these guys bust their butts all week and just because things are not going the fans way,they start piling out of the stands.I guarantee you if you go to a png or nederland game,you will see their fans still in the stands.that is where tradition truly begins, your community has to support your team...period.

exactly right!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83