Livingston at Splendora

Livingston travels to Splendora to kick off the district schedule. Although much improved (2-2!) And coming off a shutout no less, I can't with good conscience take the Lions this week. I'm pulling for competitive. 42-26 Wildcats.

It ought to be fun. Livingston should be able to make some plays in the passing game and the punt/kickoff team is extremely fast and should have at least 3 returns for TDs and his season. Just ain't big enough to stop the opposing team's rushing attack.

Thoughts???

BTW, Livingston is going to win 2 games in district. Bridge City at home and the other victim, I haven't figured out yet between LCM and Lumberton. 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, BearEssentials97 said:

Livingston travels to Splendora to kick off the district schedule. Although much improved (2-2!) And coming off a shutout no less, I can't with good conscience take the Lions this week. I'm pulling for competitive. 42-26 Wildcats.

It ought to be fun. Livingston should be able to make some plays in the passing game and the punt/kickoff team is extremely fast and should have at least 3 returns for TDs and his season. Just ain't big enough to stop the opposing team's rushing attack.

Thoughts???

BTW, Livingston is going to win 2 games in district. Bridge City at home and the other victim, I haven't figured out yet between LCM and Lumberton. 

Livingston is definitely much improved... still have to go with Splendora here....but it will be much more competitive than last year....and btw , Livingston isnt beating LCM :)

I think Splendora wins but stranger things have happened. But it will be competitive. 

As for my alma mater, As long as the Bears play not to lose ( which is what LCM has done outside of 93-98 when we weren't scared), there's a chance. I'm looking forward to visiting Battling Bear stadium for the first time in almost 20 years. Never sat on the visitor side so this should be fun.

There's no one in this district that can take a team for granted. Ain't no team in this district is a name that inspires fear in their opponent, like say, WOS. Overlook the Lions at your own peril. They are extremely fast.

Livingston is going to win 2 district games and play in November.  

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I think Splendora wins but stranger things have happened. But it will be competitive. 

As for my alma mater, As long as the Bears play not to lose ( which is what LCM has done outside of 93-98 when we weren't scared), there's a chance. I'm looking forward to visiting Battling Bear stadium for the first time in almost 20 years. Never sat on the visitor side so this should be fun.

There's no one in this district that can take a team for granted. Ain't no team in this district is a name that inspires fear in their opponent, like say, WOS. Overlook the Lions at your own peril. They are extremely fast.

Livingston is going to win 2 district games and play in November.  

You're absolutely right when you say the Bears "play not to lose"...they have to be more aggressive with playcalling, etc....and i remember those years you're referring to...the 94 and 97 teams were powerhouses

On 10/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, BearEssentials97 said:

Thoughts???

Livingston will beat BC only in district play. 

11 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Livingston will beat BC only in district play. 

That's why we play.  Livingston is much better this year. No one in the district is infallible, so overlook the Lions at your own peril. They're not an automatic win this year and won't be over the next few years.

5 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

That's why we play.  Livingston is much better this year. No one in the district is infallible, so overlook the Lions at your own peril. They're not an automatic win this year and won't be over the next few years.

No disrespect intended. I know they are rebuilding. I just think they have one more year to get close to competing with Huffman Splendora LC_M and Lumberton. Hopefully, they will get there sooner... Good luck to all teams to have a safe and awesome Friday Night Experience!

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No disrespect intended. I know they are rebuilding. I just think they have one more year to get close to competing with Huffman Splendora LC_M and Lumberton. Hopefully, they will get there sooner... Good luck to all teams to have a safe and awesome Friday Night Experience!

I don't know if Splendora will be in 4A next year. But tonight ought to be fun.