Pony or Babe Ruth Allstars

• 2 weeks later...

SCORES FROM 6/23 PONY 13 DISTRICT TOURNY

ORANGE 11

BRIDGE CITY 4

PORT NECHES 5

GULF COAST 4     9 INNINGS   GREAT BALL GAME,BOYS FROM GULF COAST HIT THE BALL VERY WELL.

WOW that BC score's really upsetting to me... you see back in my day in 2004 BC took that District TOurney!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Babe Ruth has a great team with 4 of the kids from the Groves LL team from last year on it. Too bad from what I heard that the right coach didnt get picked to coach the team, now it will probably turn into a I am the coach so the kids off my team get to play over the kids that should get a chance to play.

Also, from past experience, Groves and PN kids should not play at Babe Ruth as they play favs to the Nederland crowd.

I think its true about the playing favs comment. There was a 13year old this year from the Rockies that was 10-0 and had a 1. something era and didnt win pitcher of the year. That award was given to a Nederland boy that got beat evertime he faced the kid from Groves. GO Rockies (babe ruth) and go CW.

Of course it didnt hurt that 3 of the 4 coaches voting for the award were from Nederland. Gotta love Nederland, but I think the dads coaching need to give credit to the kids playing and not try to live thru them.

Guest NDN86

I've heard the league has played favorites in the past.  I don't see it this year.  7 Nederland kids 6 PNG kids on "A" Team (Black Team).  This is the 13 yr old all stars.  Likely starters will 5 Nederland and 4 PNG.  This team will definitely be worth watching.  First game Friday 7:30 at NHS Ballpark

Then explain how the pitcher on the 13year old Babe Ruth Rockies did not get pitcher of the year this year, but a pitcher off the Mets did that was not very good at all as the Rockies beat him every time he pitched, and now it looks like

that same pitcher off the Mets will be a No.1 or no.2 pitcher for the allstars.

A 10-0 record which the pitcher on the Rockies had speaks for itself.

Well, I heard they gave it to the Mets pitcher because they said the Rockies had the better defence. What has that got to do with anything. Plus, from what I have seen of the allstar practices only two of the Rockies players are playing the infield and one playing the outfield while the Mets have 3 playing the infield and one in the outfield.  Now if the Rockies had that much of a better defence why are the Mets even on the Allstar infield.

Guest NDN86

I agree that the recipient of the award was not a "dominant" pitcher but to think the Rockies pitcher was dominate is a stretch as well.  I watched alot of games this season and none of the guys had unhittable stuff!  There should definitely be a certain criteria you look at when choosing a player for the award (ERA, Win-Loss Record, Innings pitched, strike out to walk ratio, etc).  I look forward to watching this team play and hopefully we'll see great pitching and hitting from "all" the guys.  And remember, they are not Rockies, Mets, Astros, Red Sox anymore......... they are Nederland Black!!!

Well, everytime Walker and the Mets pitcher went head to head Walker sure made the Mets look bad while the Rockies just destroyed the Mets pitcher.

and I think since the Rockies only lost 3 games during the season then more of the kids on that team should be starters. You dont lose just 3 games by accident.

I bet Walker doesnt get his fair shake on the allstar pitching staff.

NederlandMom, youll have to wait and see on the final outcome of the positions, alot of things can change in the course of a game. and unless the allstar coach was just blind during the season would bet Walker gets a start over the Mets pitcher. ;D

2007 PORT NECHES PONY 13 ALLSTARS WILL PLAY REGIONALS IN CONROE THIS WEEKEND.THESE BOYS HAVE PUT IN ALOT OF HARD WORK THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS TO GET READY.

TEAM MEMBERS

TANNER GUIDROZ

TANNER MCINNIS

GRANT GUIDRY

TYLER LACOUR

BRANDON PROVOST

PARKER HAMMOND

COLTON WARD

SPENCER DRODDY

HAYDEN HUNT

JUSTIN HIESNER

BEN PARKS

ALEX GUTIEREZE

I agree with you on that.  Walker was great and he should have been rewarded.  Maybe if his mom wore short short the the games and sat in the dugout being sarcastic toward the other teams that they played he would have gotten the award.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami