7 on 7 Scores

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means more than you think! We have NO size and recievers are having a hard time catching the ball. At least it's practice for them.

I am not sure it's fair to say the receivers are having a hard time catching the ball..............it has to be thrown to them in a way that they can catch it............not behind them, in the ground at their feet and etc.  So I believe the qbs need a lot of work also and working the receivers and qbs is what 7 on 7 is all about.  Doesn't sound much like you are a team player Card. 

Guest Kelly Football

From Silsbee

Kelly 28

Silsbee 7

Lumberton 35

HJ 14

Kelly 41

HJ 12

Lumberton 21

Silsbee 14 

We've played real well this Summer.

I'm pretty sure he's not a player. These guys are young, and inexperienced. Not to mention, the coaches don't coach 7 on 7. The kids are pretty much coaching themselves, when the coaches get a hold of them, things will improve dramatically.

Lets hope not..................................they don't need a bunch of "me's", but alot of "we's" to make a team.  I think they may do just fine when the coaches get to actually coach them, and they are young, but hopefully that's a plus with learning a new offense.  And it has to be very hard for a coach to watch 7 on 7 without getting involved, lol.  I bet some of them could "bust a gut" to jump in with both feet when they see some of what happens.  And to the Card person, I will mark down your 3 games you say they may win.  I personally think they will rise to the occasion and do better than that.  We will see......................keep working hard guys, it's gonna pay off down the road!  Go Cards!

card mom- 

it seems like it is never your kid's fault, no matter the sport or organization.  not judging but maybe you could have posted that ALL positions need work.  let's hope they all improve with time.

Well, Mr. Rowdy Red, I don't know what your problem is with me, but as a matter of fact, my kid did qb some in the game and I do believe that I said that they all needed work, qbs and receivers.  You maybe should read my post, my statement was that don't point the finger at certain positions because they all looked like they needed work.  And please explain what you mean by it is never my kids fault?  If you are going to make a statement like that, be big enough to back it up.  And please show me where I think mine is perfect.  Did I hit a nerve with you by saying that our qb is not perfect and that it was all the receivers fault?  And no, mine is not perfect, but neither are any of the others as you might wish they were.

cards mom--

whoa there, I meant no disrespect.  I have no dog in the fight.  It's just by going by all your previous posts in all catagories (football, baseball etc.) that it seems there is always an issue with ---players, younger players, coaches or other parents.

No on seemed to blaming any particular position on this thread but you.

If I hit a nerve with YOU I am so sorry, like I said I have no dog in this fight.

I really want the team to do good this year, and remember 7 on 7 IS good practice for all with all to improve for the season,  I just thought a little less personal comments could be made.

Again good luck to your son and team and again I'm sorry if I hit a sensitive subject with you.  Truly good-luck

Speaking about "no dog in this fight", but I happened to be present at the Texas A&M football camp where an unnamed Cardinal "receiver" was moved from said position to QUARTERBACK by the A&M COACHES out of a handfull of athletes at the position from across Texas.  If that doesn't prove something about the current state of the QB position at BC then what will?  Obviously BC seems to have a more valid candidate playing the wrong position.  Someone needs to open their eyes and do what's best for the team instead of playing the political BS game.  Bottom line...it's about winning.

Speaking about "no dog in this fight", but I happened to be present at the Texas A&M football camp where an unnamed Cardinal "receiver" was moved from said position to QUARTERBACK by the A&M COACHES out of a handfull of athletes at the position from across Texas.  If that doesn't prove something about the current state of the QB position at BC then what will?  Obviously BC seems to have a more valid candidate playing the wrong position.  Someone needs to open their eyes and do what's best for the team instead of playing the political BS game.  Bottom line...it's about winning.

WELL QUIT BEING A GIRL AND MENTION SOME NAMES HERE SO WE CAN HAVE AWESOME 7 ON 7 SCORES SO ARE FANS WILL SUPPORT US......

cards mom--

whoa there, I meant no disrespect.  I have no dog in the fight.  It's just by going by all your previous posts in all catagories (football, baseball etc.) that it seems there is always an issue with ---players, younger players, coaches or other parents.

No on seemed to blaming any particular position on this thread but you.

If I hit a nerve with YOU I am so sorry, like I said I have no dog in this fight.

I really want the team to do good this year, and remember 7 on 7 IS good practice for all with all to improve for the season,  I just thought a little less personal comments could be made.

Again good luck to your son and team and again I'm sorry if I hit a sensitive subject with you.  Truly good-luck

And my response to you was to your statement to the fact that nothing was ever my kids fault no matter what sport or organization.  And I asked that you show me any post to where I said something was someone elses fault and not my son's.  You did not so here we are.  I was responding to a post about the receivers not being able to catch the ball.  Is that not directed at someone directly...............yep, the receivers, and my post was that it was not just their fault, if you did not understand that.  And my son was one of the qb's I was referring to that made some bad throws, according to him as I did not make it there in time to see him at that position.  So my post was also directed at him so you are very mistaken when you accuse me of saying in any sport that it's always someone else.  Yes, I feel like he is an exceptional athlete, and I will say that because I feel like he has a

God given talent and as a parent I have that right.  You may not think he does, but I really don't give a heck.  And to say that I have been downing anyone, I think you are mistaken.  I responded to a post about him in baseball, but did not down any player that plays.  I think I said in response to someone who knows him about how well he plays behind the plate and so on, and that he will probably not be playing baseball due to several reasons, but never have I downed another kid.  So whatever you want to think, I really don't think it matters.  You spouted off and couldn't back it up.  I truly want the team to do well and perhaps you would be happy if I said if they don't it'll be my "kids fault".  Not sure what you meant by that but as usual, I probably won't get a response to that either.  And I truly apologize for hitting a nerve with YOU also. 

whoa card mom- I'm not sure why you are attacking me or so mad about this topic.  But I do not know your kid or his abilities I just thought less personal posts could be made.  I did back up my comments  just a few examples-

I am not sure it's fair to say the receivers are having a hard time catching the ball..............it has to be thrown to them in a way that they can catch it............not behind them, in the ground at their feet and etc.  So I believe the qbs need a lot of work also and working the receivers and qbs is what 7 on 7 is all about.  Doesn't sound much like you are a team player Card. 

also in baseball-- post dated June 22  and June 7  and june 24  and June 25

I have sense learned that your boy switched positions himself to receiver not QB  and is actually doing well.

No hard feelings were meant by this post originally.  Again I want the team including baseball to excell.

But this is not the place to have these heated debates, I fear we have ventured off the original thread and topic.

Again good luck to your kid and I hope that this ends this debate.  also glad luke did well at A&M  also if he wants to be QB then do so, there places on JV & Varsity, nothing is set in stone.    Good Luck and I hope this ends this mess

whoa card mom- I'm not sure why you are attacking me or so mad about this topic.  But I do not know your kid or his abilities I just thought less personal posts could be made.  I did back up my comments  just a few examples-

also in baseball-- post dated June 22  and June 7  and june 24  and June 25

I have sense learned that your boy switched positions himself to receiver not QB  and is actually doing well.

No hard feelings were meant by this post originally.  Again I want the team including baseball to excell.

But this is not the place to have these heated debates, I fear we have ventured off the original thread and topic.

Again good luck to your kid and I hope that this ends this debate.  also glad luke did well at A&M  also if he wants to be QB then do so, there places on JV & Varsity, nothing is set in stone.    Good Luck and I hope this ends this mess

Yes, the mess is over.  But you did call me out to begin with.  And perhaps my post should have been worded in a different way.  I just felt like the receivers were being pointed out as to why BC has not done well in 7 on 7.  And I think my point I was trying to make was that they all need alot of work to the person that directed the problem at the receivers.  But nevertheless, I apologize if you felt like I was directing it at one person, I was not.  And I felt like I should defend myself as you said I always posted in every sport that nothing was my kids fault.  Still not sure what you mean by that, and if you know of

"something" that is directly his fault, please pass that on to me. 

So, in ending, I want all the boys to do good, play as a team and though they are young, I think with good hard work, they will be okay.  And this has absolutely nothing to do with any position my kid, your kid or anybody's kid plays.  Hopefully, we have very able bodied coaches to figure all that out and put them where they need to be.  And I don't care where my son plays, he just wants to play and I have nothing at all to say where or when he will play.  And, no, I don't want him to be qb, not if he cannot handle that position and it is not what is best for the team.  So if it is Luke at that position and he cannot do what he needs to do, I certainly don't want him playing there.  And I don't think he would want to.  And yes, he did very well at

A&M camp and got to play on Kyle field, and got a lot of good coaching to go with all the fun. 

Good Luck young Cardinals...........QB's, receivers, backs, linemen and so on. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder