I just recieved Dave Campbell's Tex Football (Kirbyville picked over WOS)

Guest JGLB55

This must be an old magazine because if they think Kountze is going to be at the bottom  of there district then they are way off.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...  I forgot to put where the quote came from....  it's from the 1987 issue.    ;D

We were picked to finish 2nd in district that year too.

Yeah that was a sad night at the Dog House...lucky field goal  ;D ;D

West Columbia robbed us of a shot of payback.  Man did we stink that night against the Roughnecks.

Guest WBFan09

21-5A looks good i think Lee is loaded this year with a bunch of kids coming back so it will be a battle for the three top spots

Kirbyville may very well take it this year. I certainly think WO-S will be right there with them up to the end, though. I'm very confident that this year's team will be strong, but 14 starters returning from a pretty good team will be tough to beat.

That Fitzhenry kid is a load.  Giddings will be very hard to beat this year.

He should be...he's like 19 going on 20.  He should be headed to college, not being granted a waiver to play this year.  Don't get me wrong...he's an awesome athlete, but he has 1-2 years of maturity on most high school kids.

Guys, why are yall getting all flustured over Dave C's? Does anyone have the '97 season one? I think I remember us(WOS) being picked 3rd or more in our district. All we did that year, was go 10-0 in regular season with 5 shutouts(I Think) and then lost to eventual State Champ Lamarque in the reginals. Thats what i think about the DC magazine. Dont get me wrong, K'ville will be good, but we are THE WOS Mustangs. Dont tell us, show us!

• 4 weeks later...

I love the #2 ranking , but WF-Rider is a extremely dangerous team.  Stephenville and Rider meet up on Sept. 15th in Wichita Falls....will be a shootout.

I might make a special SPECIAL trip to see that game, Rider was my adopted team when i was stationed there. Ponder has turned that program around. 

i wasnt expecting that. k-ville will win the title if they beat wo-s which i doubt this year unless garrett gets hurt.

Rider #5 is to low they should be #1 in 4A they will win state this year.

Lee----Lee might make it to the state semis they are loaded, i dont expect them to lose in district play either.

21-3A'S MESSED UP!!          IT'S GUNNA BE MORE LIKE THIS

I THINK HE PUT                 

KVILEE                              KVILLE         

WO-S                              WO-S           

SILSBEE                            SILSBEE

JASPER                            JASPER

ORANGEFIELD                    BC

BC                                  H-J

HAM-FANNETT                  ORANGEFIELD

H-J                                  H-F

Guest Bridge City Card

I wish the best for my Cards but we may struggle this year then be much improved next season. OF could beat us this season!

Guest astrosfan75956

Kirbyville has a very good team, Pierce Rhodes is a beast, and hazlewood will manage the game well... I think Kville has a chance to go all the way.

Guest ST4life

KVille will not beat WOS or Silsbee and maybe even lose to Jasper.

The Wildcats are way overrated.

K-ville is playing at Silsbee and last time they had a good team in the 2004-2005 season they where late to the game came off the bus scored the first touchdown then got on the bus lossing by atleast 3 to 4 touchdowns come on guys K-ville will not last in the jungle. this guy is correct K-ville is overated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics