Jasper...The Best 3A Team Ever?

Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Jasper was the best 3A team ever?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the way they blew through th state tourney, what do you think?

That's quite a question. I'm sure we're not the only ones to roll through the state tournament like this, but I'm very excited that we did. It's a great day to be a Bulldog.

before i throw my answer...i just want to see jaspers overall team stats...cause the 2005 BC baseball team was UNREAL for a 3A team...but im not gunna say that the 05 team was the best ever (we didnt win state of course...) but i do wanna see jaspers stats before i can throw a real answer (so i can compare)

What was that team Homer Bailey was on? That was a pretty solid team itself. Jasper is a great team but its very hard to say best over in any sport over any time period.

Jaspers pitching staff is unreal, Reagan never stepped foot on the mound did he?? Great wins, very impressed

Guest coachhooker

the lagange 04 team with homer baily didnt lose a game to a 3a or lower school only lost was brenham and 2 houston 5a schools

Jasper had a fine team no doubt, but man there have been some awesome 3A teams through the years.  I am not sure that the Jasper team that Homer Bailey's La Grange Leopards knocked out of the playoff wasn't better than this one.  Either way..best of all time really is a tall order..and regardless the Dogs are 07 State Champs!!

Guest coachhooker

yes they are and i cant say anything but congarts Jasper this is something you will never and i mean never forget in your life

I don't know if Jasper is or isn't the best 3A team ever...don't care, doesn't matter.  What I do know is that they are the best 3A team in 2007 and they are THE STATE CHAMPIONS.  That does matter.  Congrats to Coach Mixon and the rest of the Bulldogs.  Last man standing...

Guest BC boy 17

Jasper is a great team, but im not sure about best ever. IMO the 06 BC team was pushing that greatest 3A team ever......the bats were unbelieveably great, then when Stringer is your 3rd string pitcher, you have got to have a great pitching staff. yea they didnt win state, they just had a bad game at the worst time, that group of boys were something else. Not to knock on Jasper's team, they do have a good one

I don't know and don't really care but what I do care about is people trying to run it in the faces of those who did not win State.  Yes Jasper you do deserve a big congratulations but let's please be humble and take the win like gentlemen and not like some one who is degrading to the sport.

Also, I would like to extend a big way to go to all of Southeast Texas teams in all class levels 1A to 5A it was a really good and surprising year. And for those who have signed to play with both Universities as well as Junior Colleges, Well done and hope to see some if not all of you in the Pro's One day.

Jasper Congradulations and don't let anyone degrade your school or your team by acting like an Ass and degrading the teams that fell short this year. It could have been anyones game but the cards fell in your lap this year, Next year could be different so please watch out for KARMA.  Again Congratulations you deserved it.

Hey bon jovi, no one has said anything degrating about any other team. Jasper one state last night, if your too sore to read about it I would come back in a few weeks, but for now  Jasper Enjoy your victory!!!!!!

As for the best 3a team ever no one will ever know. Their have been some great ones, they were the best this year so enjoy that, but nothing wrong with this topic for debate, thats what this is for right?

Hey bon jovi, no one has said anything degrating about any other team. Jasper one state last night, if your too sore to read about it I would come back in a few weeks, but for now  Jasper Enjoy your victory!!!!!!

As for the best 3a team ever no one will ever know. Their have been some great ones, they were the best this year so enjoy that, but nothing wrong with this topic for debate, thats what this is for right?

I believe if you had read it correctly you would have seen that I gave a big ol congrats to Jasper and said that they well deserve it, however as I had read in many of these threads as they go on people from all teams start bashing the others so therfore I just gave allitle suggestion to the good ol and well deserving Jasper boys to keep there title pure by staying humble otherwise the title they so well deserves could be tainted by being declaired a trem with no respect and that would not be good.  So, if you took it the wrong way Indian boy or what ever you call yourself, I really don't care.

Jasper, I hope you understood what I was getting at.  You are a great team and did deserve the State Championship, and to tell you the truth, I really hope you get it again next year too, that would be the best and would definently give you the title of Best team ever to go along with it. Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   :o :o :o

Jasper is a great team, but im not sure about best ever. IMO the 06 BC team was pushing that greatest 3A team ever......the bats were unbelieveably great, then when Stringer is your 3rd string pitcher, you have got to have a great pitching staff. yea they didnt win state, they just had a bad game at the worst time, that group of boys were something else. Not to knock on Jasper's team, they do have a good one

I believe if you had read it correctly you would have seen that I gave a big ol congrats to Jasper and said that they well deserve it, however as I had read in many of these threads as they go on people from all teams start bashing the others so therfore I just gave allitle suggestion to the good ol and well deserving Jasper boys to keep there title pure by staying humble otherwise the title they so well deserves could be tainted by being declaired a trem with no respect and that would not be good.  So, if you took it the wrong way Indian boy or what ever you call yourself, I really don't care.

Jasper, I hope you understood what I was getting at.  You are a great team and did deserve the State Championship, and to tell you the truth, I really hope you get it again next year too, that would be the best and would definently give you the title of Best team ever to go along with it. Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!   :o :o :o

I Agree Jasper you deserve a Great Big Congratulations, and unlike others stay true to title of State Champions and you will go far next year as well.

Congratulations to Jasper. I agree with an ealier post that Jasper is the best team this year...which is what matters. However, best ever 3A...I have to go with the '04 La Grange team with Homer Bailey ( who is making his MLB debut tonight w/ the Reds ). They were 30-1 on the season, they could all hit, and Bailey simply mowed people over.

I suppose any team that wins the state championship feels like they may be the best team ever in their classification. Jasper's pitching certainily is above par. I don't think any of the pitchers was the best ever but as a team the were probably better than most. They were real deep at that position. Their hitting was good also but so was a lot of other teams. BC, Silsbee, and HJ all had some power hitters. Jasper's hitters were as good as any of the other teams in district but I am not sure if they were better or not. The only flaw I would say Jasper has is they made a lot of errors. Even in the state game they made 4, I think. That is not to say other teams did not make errors. BC made more errors than Jasper did when they played each other. However, just as others have posted Jasper is the  best ever this year and that is what counts right now. I believe Jasper and BC both will have good teams next year. I don't know enough about the other teams in our district to know what they have coming back next year but I look for another tough exciting district next year. Congrats Jasper bulldogs. You showed just how good you are in the tournament by waltzing through like you did. I think you guys and your coaches are a class act. I am looking forward to see yall and Bridge City play again next year. Good luck to both schools and teams. Enjoy your summer.

I suppose any team that wins the state championship feels like they may be the best team ever in their classification. Jasper's pitching certainily is above par. I don't think any of the pitchers was the best ever but as a team the were probably better than most. They were real deep at that position. Their hitting was good also but so was a lot of other teams. BC, Silsbee, and HJ all had some power hitters. Jasper's hitters were as good as any of the other teams in district but I am not sure if they were better or not. The only flaw I would say Jasper has is they made a lot of errors. Even in the state game they made 4, I think. That is not to say other teams did not make errors. BC made more errors than Jasper did when they played each other. However, just as others have posted Jasper is the  best ever this year and that is what counts right now. I believe Jasper and BC both will have good teams next year. I don't know enough about the other teams in our district to know what they have coming back next year but I look for another tough exciting district next year. Congrats Jasper bulldogs. You showed just how good you are in the tournament by waltzing through like you did. I think you guys and your coaches are a class act. I am looking forward to see yall and Bridge City play again next year. Good luck to both schools and teams. Enjoy your summer.

Agree with all you said, but the ironic thing is that Jasper's defense really was their strong point for most of the season.  It had flashes of brilliance throughout the playoffs, especially in the Bellville series, but was shakey at times the deeper the playoffs went which is understandable to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami