OYB Pinto Champs

kogt

The Marlins are the OYB Pinto Division Champions, going 11-0 for the season. Back Row - Kent Miller, Tony Dallas, Dave Pederson. Middle Row - KJ Miller, Jack Dallas, John Beeson, RJ Conway, Nick Clark. Front Row - Mike Gobert, Aspen Williamson, Brett Guy, Owen Hanks, Dawson Dallas

Marlins.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks piratefan. We played good defense most of the weekend but fell apart defensively in the championship game. The team that beat us played better than we did and won. I still have to figure out a way to get the bats going like they do at practice. Let me know if yall want to scrimmage sometime. All in all not to bad for a bunch of kids that played their first game together this weekend.

I think we might find a few "B "teams to beat up on to make us feel better first..yalls team is well coached..we have to get our bats going to..we did play alot better on sunday..those two plays at the plate when we got out were key plays..yalls catcher did a good job!

I think we might find a few "B "teams to beat up on to make us feel better first..yalls team is well coached..we have to get our bats going to..we did play alot better on sunday..those two plays at the plate when we got out were key plays..yalls catcher did a good job!

Not a very nice comment regarding the "B" teams. Both teams have talent and should not be classified as the underdogs.

Piratefan probably didn't mean anything derogatory!  They were beaten by a few teams this week-end and simply meant they needed to get a few wins to get going again! 

That was an enjoyable tournament--especially to play some select teams that both Vidor and Orange played.  Good job to both!

I don't think he meant anything by his "B" team comment either. What everyone has to realize is that if the coaches do their job right when they pick all-stars, then the best kid on the B team shouldn't be as good as the worst kid on the A team. Picking all-stars is a very difficult thing. It's hard to evaluate kids that are as young as 5-8 and even older. However, as a coach that's one of the things we must do. If all coaches would take the politics and the "side deals" out of it and choose the 12 best kids then all of the leagues would be better.

Well, I do think that piratefan meant exactly what he said. But I do agree with td in that the "A" team should be the better team. The main thing in your post is "if" the coaches do their job. Unfortunately, I have witnessed many years in the politics of baseball and it is not always the best 12 kids on that first team because the coaches are more concerned for their own kid or as td put it the "side deals."

You are correct that it is wrong more often than it's right. That being said, we did get it right this year at OYBS (PINTO only) and I'm very proud of each of our coaches. Thank you coaches for giving us the best chance to represent Orange.

By the way TD tell your parents to go to www.vidorsports.com and on the home page scroll down and click on something that says VYBL and it says something about tournament games..it has a bunch of pictures of our game together ..it has alot  of pics of yalls palyers on there.I believe you can buy them from that guy..

TD a coach????? I knew TD way before he was calm enough to coach!!!!!!!!!Let the games begin!!

You won't see him lose his calm that often, but am sure he can!  He has been a coach for quite a while now, both softball and baseball, and has won several championships.  Notice the pic at the beginning of this thread! 

I've always been calm enough to coach kids. I still don't have the patience to deal with some of the things the adults bring to the table. Such as all of the mess that is going on with the OYBS shetland. There are alot of those people that aren't doing what's right for ALL kids. Plenty of those guys are in this for the wrong reason. Making deals and deciding who and who not to vote for before you even know who is going to be put up for all-stars. Having a secret meeting telling a coach if you take my son then I'll vote for who you want me to. Cudo's for the coach that turned that deal down and said he wanted the 12 best. Sorry but you didn't get the 12 best.

OK shepinto, his head is big enough... ;D

Boy have you got that right-hahahaha

Hey- Good game last night!  Great hitting!  It's nice to sit on the sides and watch for fun sometimes!  Isn't it amazing how these kids progress even more so in the few short weeks after league?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder