Dayton Broncos in '07

Having been involved with the junior high kids for the last decade at Dayton, there has never been 2 back to back classes as "loaded" as the current sophmores and juniors.  They are very deep in the skills positions as well as the line.  Both classes have great overall speed.  When the sophmores and juniors were in 7th and 8th all teams were undefeated, which included sweeping La Marque and beating Barbers Hill teams by a cummulative score (7th a and b 8th a and B) of 96 to 13.  The first game will be huge against WOS.  Hopefully the Broncos can win district again, but going undefeated in that district back to back is a HUGE task.  I think the Broncos will be in the states top 10 rankings going into district (if they can get past WOS in the first game).  The top three games to circle on the calendar are...

1.  WOS.  Should be one of the games of the year in SE Texas.  What a way to start the season!!!

2.  Central - The Jaguars come to Bronco Stadium trying to redeem their 1 point loss from last year.  From all indications this game could be for the district championship.  Also (with the new home side at Bronco stadium) will probably be the largest ever attended high school football game in Liberty county history.

3.  PNG - If PNG is still in the playoff race the attendance at this game will easily surpass the Central game.  Look for a SRO crowd at Bronco stadium and a college atmosphere in the season finale.  From the beginning to the end it should be an AWEsome season for the Broncos!!!

TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL WITHDRAWAL!!!!

Let August get here so Football can kick off!!!!

I and a couple of others predicted the Broncos winning that district last year( And was laughed at). I don't think I'll recieve the same this year when I say Dayton takes the district again!!!! ;D

Goodluck Broncos hope yall have a great year!!

Before last season Nederland ripped dayton apart. We'll be back!

Nobody doubts that.  ;) It was good to get the monkey off our back last year. Can't wait to make the trip to Ned this year.

I believe the Broncos will be in contention for the title when we come.

The Dogs will be no match for the Broncos this year...

I wonder how many of the Bronco highlights they will show on their new jumbotron.  ;D

I have a great feeling that the Bulldogs will be chasing Broncos all over the field.

As a PNG grad...

There isn't any prettier sight than seeing the Bulldogs get beat by a team wearing purple  :D

I wish Dayton had such a big rival like PNG and Nederland...

The kids over here really don't know what a game like that is...

Of course the Bronco Bulldog game is a long way off...

Can't wait till the games start up...

Guest Nederland Bandit

The Nederland teams that beat Dayton pretty bad a couple of years ago in the PLAYOFFS will soon return! Don't get to used to it.  :D

The Nederland teams that beat Dayton pretty bad a couple of years ago in the PLAYOFFS will soon return! Don't get to used to it.  :D

the other side of that equation is also true---the team that ned beat is gone as well

the other side of that equation is also true---the team that ned beat is gone as well

So true, This district has a problem with focusing on the now!!!! We know about the past and that doesn't win any games now ;D

So true, This district has a problem with focusing on the now!!!! We know about the past and that doesn't win any games now ;D

District 22 4A has practically swept their first round opponents for YEARS!!!

Even when Dayton was not in 22 4A we were out of the playoffs in the first round due to the higher level of competition in 22 4A.

Look for 22 4A to sweep the first round of the playoffs again and send the other district home early.

I agree....although, I do believe that Crosby, with all their returners, will be a tough first round match for someone and could upset if they are overlooked.

Our teams around here need to raise the bar. I'm tired of hearing how central texas, etc is so superior to the southern part except for LM. Not saying the overall level isn't higher....I would just like to think that more than one of us can compete at the present moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TravelingBandsman

I have confidence that the Broncos will keep a winning record, and good reason for the confidence. Of course, I know people around here that like to make it a big deal that Dayton has been District Champions several years in the past and Bi-District Champions almost as many times. The point is, is doesn't mean a thing if you can never get passed games like Area and Regionals. If the Purple & White want to prove themselves to the entire state, we gotta make it passed 2nd round at least. We've been the 3rd only twice since Jerry's been here. That's a feat I'll admit because before hand, Dayton lost everything. Mr. Stewart really needs to start increasing our guys morale for a big push, because that's kinda what happens. The players get apathetic and the coach doesn't do much to pep them up, and so we only go so far. That needs to do a 180 now.

Dayton needs to make every effort this year to at least get into the 4th round.

This really depends on the bracket you are placed in and who is the 3rd or 4th round opponent.  We have a great schedule to prepare us for the playoffs.  In the Texas City game it did look like the Bronco's were out of sync with their speed.  That to me is the difference in the playoffs.  When playing against an opponent that has overall more speed, it is just hard to stimulate that in practice.  This year we should have our overall quickest team since Stewart has been here.  I don't know if our line will be as good as the team with Pearson on it, but I know we will have more skill position speed.  Our coaching staff is one of the best in the area.  I feel very lucky that my son will be greatly influenced by the coaches here.  Hopefully the Broncos can add a quarterfinal, semifinal, and maybe even a state appearance on the sign at Bronco stadium.

Guest Baller

Bandsman, in the eleven straight years that Dayton has been to the playoffs in 6 of those years they have been to the second round and in 2 of those years to the 3rd round.  Let's review who Dayton has lost to in the 2nd round.  Texas City, who beat Brenham the next week and lost to eventual state champion LaMarque.  2002, beat by Oak Ridge, who lost in the semi-finals.  2003, 3rd round lost to Bay City who played for the state championship in College Station.  1998, 3rd round, lost to LaMarque who played Stephenville in the state championship game that year.  My whole point is that when you get to the second round there are no slouches.  Ask PNG or anyone of the others in the triangle if they would like to have the recent tradition of Dayton and I can assure you their answers would be a resounding HE** yes.  Nederland and West Orange are the only one's over there that have any kind of record similar to the Broncos.  And as far as region 3 is concerned and the state there are very few that have enjoyed the success your town has enjoyed the past decade.  It is too bad that you are blinded by success.  It happens though, people begin to enjoy some success and then they become complacent with that success.  Dayton gets more out of that little town than any place I have ever seen. 

Guest etbu

Say what you want about Coach Stewart and his staff but one thing I have noticed is that they care about their kids. Went to a BB game in BH last year and many of the Dayton football Coaches were at the game. No such thing in Dayton as "we can't but we will". They have some great athletes but their Coaching staff is solid. Dayton had a kid that played at Etbu and Coach Stewart would always come to a game or send a Coach once a year. Good to see a Coaching staff like Dayton have a genuine interest in their kids during and after playing days.

We really do have a great staff. They put EVERYTHING into these kids. I feel like the kids are the difference in getting over that 3rd round hump. Gotta be hungry.

Baller is right, the teams that have knocked us out of the playoffs have always been pretty salty. i love what dayton has done over the past decade, I just feel like there is more somewhere in there. These coaches do get all they can out of the kids...so we'll see.

Bandsman, in the eleven straight years that Dayton has been to the playoffs in 6 of those years they have been to the second round and in 2 of those years to the 3rd round.  Let's review who Dayton has lost to in the 2nd round.  Texas City, who beat Brenham the next week and lost to eventual state champion LaMarque.  2002, beat by Oak Ridge, who lost in the semi-finals.  2003, 3rd round lost to Bay City who played for the state championship in College Station.  1998, 3rd round, lost to LaMarque who played Stephenville in the state championship game that year.  My whole point is that when you get to the second round there are no slouches.  Ask PNG or anyone of the others in the triangle if they would like to have the recent tradition of Dayton and I can assure you their answers would be a resounding HE** yes.  Nederland and West Orange are the only one's over there that have any kind of record similar to the Broncos.  And as far as region 3 is concerned and the state there are very few that have enjoyed the success your town has enjoyed the past decade.  It is too bad that you are blinded by success.  It happens though, people begin to enjoy some success and then they become complacent with that success.  Dayton gets more out of that little town than any place I have ever seen. 

Baller you need to go back to your history and look up 2003 where you find that Central lost to Bay City that year in the 3rd. round, and just want to add that Png, Ozen, Jasper, Central along with WOS and Ned. have had great playoff success..If you check the history that WOS87 has created on main page you will find great information. PNG if I'm not mistaken played in 1999 state title game.

who is going to play tb for dayton this up coming year?

kind of a committee at the moment

AJ will get most of the touches but also John Gable (LB on Def.) and Jeff summers(JV last year and built like a train) will share the load too. A few others could get some carries, but those seem to be the main guys.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124