Lumberton 2007

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

I agree it's not. Still, though, more and more depth is being accumulated, and, eventually, the firepower will come around, too. Going forward, I think Lumberton is a "monster in the making"... People used to think Nederland couldn't ever win, either...everyone sure believes now!   

yes l-town is going to be running a entirely different defence. and like it was said even the defencive line is fast i'm not sure if 4.9 is accurate but i know they are all in the low 5's at least if not all under 4.9. I know this next season wont be a OUTSTANDING one but i think L-Town will surprise some people.... and who knows maybe even the playoffs this year 8) 8) :o

Below 4.9 is very, very fast line. Here is an excerpt from an article on NFL.com about DB's 40 times.

Excerpt from:

Quick hits from Indy: Day 6     

By Gil Brandt

NFL.com Senior Analyst

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10026017

The 40-yard dash times for the first group of defensive backs were phenomenal. Among the highlights were safety LaRon Landry of LSU running a 4.32, Chris Houston of Arkansas (4.35), Leon Hall of Michigan (4.38), Michael Griffin of Texas (4.41), Tarell Brown of Texas (4.48) and Michael Coe of Alabama State (4.49). Overall, it was a very fast group.

In the second group of defensive backs, 26 of the 27 ran in the 40-yard dash. The only one who didn't was Darrelle Revis of Pittsburgh, who chose not to work out. The highlights of the second group were Marcus McCauley of Fresno State and Kenny Scott of Georgia Tech with 4.35s, Eric Wright of UNLV with a surprising 4.40 and Josh Wilson of Maryland with a 4.32. Wilson, however, did not run as fast the second time. Wilson's father, Tim, was a second-round draft choice of the Houston Oilers and had a long career with the team as a fullback.

If 4.4 is fast for an NFL DB, below 4.9 for a HS line is excellent.

I know that the 1 technique is prob be Mark Murall who runs a 4.9 and the 3, Jacob Hanna who runs a 4.6. The two ends Johnathon Ward 4.8 and Kendall Duvall 4.8.

Actions speak louder than words...most likely people wont believe you unless they see the lumberton D actually do some good stuff. But if they do in fact run those time, it makes me wonder there weight.

Guest 3AFan

Below 4.9 is very, very fast line. Here is an excerpt from an article on NFL.com about DB's 40 times.

Excerpt from:

Quick hits from Indy: Day 6     

By Gil Brandt

NFL.com Senior Analyst

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10026017

The 40-yard dash times for the first group of defensive backs were phenomenal. Among the highlights were safety LaRon Landry of LSU running a 4.32, Chris Houston of Arkansas (4.35), Leon Hall of Michigan (4.38), Michael Griffin of Texas (4.41), Tarell Brown of Texas (4.48) and Michael Coe of Alabama State (4.49). Overall, it was a very fast group.

In the second group of defensive backs, 26 of the 27 ran in the 40-yard dash. The only one who didn't was Darrelle Revis of Pittsburgh, who chose not to work out. The highlights of the second group were Marcus McCauley of Fresno State and Kenny Scott of Georgia Tech with 4.35s, Eric Wright of UNLV with a surprising 4.40 and Josh Wilson of Maryland with a 4.32. Wilson, however, did not run as fast the second time. Wilson's father, Tim, was a second-round draft choice of the Houston Oilers and had a long career with the team as a fullback.

If 4.4 is fast for an NFL DB, below 4.9 for a HS line is excellent.

4.9 is not that unique for a d-linemen. A 6'2 250lb d-linemen that runs a 4.9 or so would be great. but I think Lumberton is talking about smaller, almost LB type (5'10, 200lbs) guys playing down on the D-line. so I'm assuming, they will be trying to shoot some gaps. Just a guess though.

4.8 DE's at WOS, Jasper, Silsbee and etc would be considered slow. I'd have to see the one kid run a 4.6 to believe it. Was he at the combine? Where the PNG guys they were talking about in the other thread at WB's combine?

Guest Raider911

There are going to be right at about 30 Sr, 10 Jr, and 1 Soph. This isnt exactly right but give 1 or 2 and its just about right.

We will all find out how "fast" Lumberton is after their first district game (when Dayton visits)...

My gut instincts now are.....

The Raiders will be chasing down Broncos all night....

Don't think the Raiders have enough "speed" to compete with Dayton or Central, but they may squeek into third....

The race for third place this year should be as interesting as last year....

Lumberton is not fast by any means but they are faster and better than last year. It will be an interesting year in the district. I think all the playoff spots will be fought for. I dont see anyone just running away with it but I do think Dayton is the favorite. top to bottom the district is very strong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder