Pitcher Of The Year?

the district mvp doesnt have to come from the champs, the nfl mvp doesnt have to go to someone w/ the best record

as for pitcher of the year im a homer and gotta go w/ stringer, hes appeared in three games in the playoffs and has 33k's and over 120 for the season, and he'll only add to that come needville

as far as district mvp, again im a homer, dishon led the district in hr's/rbi/stolen bases...and he made some amazing grabs.  to me here's how you determine district mvp...if you ask every coach if they could have someone to start a team w/ who would they choose first...the player they probably would say is MOST VALUABLE is probably dishon, you can make the argument for pitching first though...mho

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bulldog

without a doubt, reagan(jasper) will be district MVP and should be pitcher of the year IMO.  lots of talent out there.  glad it's IMO and not my decision to make.   i just enjoy watching the kids play.

Maybe MVP of ther district maybe...but pitcher of the year give me a break......

Guest Orangeboy

Too many too chose from..

BH biased..Thamm 9-1, 102k's, 24 bb, 1.20 ERA..still playing

Hales 10-3 , 113k's, @ 20 bb, ERA less than 1.00...still playing.

Ive seen Harrington (PNG) and Dean (NC)..got to include both of them. Many more I've read and heard about...not sure if you can narrow this category down to just one (IMO).

I was very impressed with Hales last year.

What grade is the Thamm kid in?

Guest Bulldog

When someone takes something from me that belongs to me i don't forget it.......Im praying for a rematch.......hope both teams make it.....

You may be meeting up with him again.  Remember what he did twice.

He was no where near shutting BC down.....Jasper only had 1 hit in their first matchup against Stringer "A Bunt as I recall".  If they do I and HOPE they do play again Stringer will make them pay, I would bet the farm on that... ;D

To Occupant:  I think we have all congratulated Jasper on the District win; however, your continued fanaticism is a little over the top.  That event does not give an entitlement of the MVP automatically to a Jasper player.

BC had to pitch Stringer  against H-J to assure a playoff spot--which they did.  I can assure you that Jasper would have lost the game that ended 10-8 had they had to face-- Stringer-- fresh for the whole game.

I really don't think that that game should entitle anyone to the MVP of the District.  Certain strategy had to be employed to get into the playoffs.  I sure hope you get a shot at a fresh Stringer in the finals for Region III.  Mainly because two fine teams (Jasper & BC) made it to the top of the region.

To Occupant:  I think we have all congratulated Jasper on the District win; however, your continued fanaticism is a little over the top.  That event does not give an entitlement of the MVP automatically to a Jasper player.

BC had to pitch Stringer  against H-J to assure a playoff spot--which they did.  I can assure you that Jasper would have lost the game that ended 10-8 had they had to face-- Stringer-- fresh for the whole game.

I really don't think that that game should entitle anyone to the MVP of the District.  Certain strategy had to be employed to get into the playoffs.  I sure hope you get a shot at a fresh Stringer in the finals for Region III.  Mainly because two fine teams (Jasper & BC) made it to the top of the region.

EastTex

Whoever has the best stats for district will get the MVP.  I am willing to bet you a steak dinner it will be from Jasper. I hope they meet again also and like I said before good luck to both.

Maybe MVP of ther district maybe...but pitcher of the year give me a break......

You are probably right.  If you take away his play at SS and his offense he might not be pitcher of the year.  Some better candidates would probably be (top 10 in no particular order):

1.Treece

2.Schooling

3.Hales

4.Listi

5.Thamms

6.Svboda

7.Dewey

8.Flores

9.Harrington

10.Dean (if you want to inlude New Caney he would be 1st no doubt)

I am sorry I missed them if they were on another thread.  And I disqualified him from my list for unsportsman like behavior.  ;D Just kidding.  Really I have seen most on this list pitch and Stringer would probably sit at about 11 or 12 if I were to go that far down.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder