How will LC-M do in 2007?

It is a shame that adults do not understand sarcasm anymore!  I Am closer to DW than anyone on this board and I think he is one of the three greatest men I have ever met. He is also the best FB Coach I have ever seen, bar none.  Unfortunately, the community had a very short memory and the "he can't coach" came from them, not me.  DW gave LCM 33 years of faithful service and he did not even get a "thank you" when he left.  They should name the stadium after him!  Then this new coach comes in and wins 8 games in two years and they think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was merely comparing the records of each man's first two years, 8-12 for the current coach, 20-3 for DW. You do the math!

OK, so DW is your best friend. Bet you don't know how he became DW instead of Coach Williams ?

I don't know everything, but I think it was so they could tell him and Bart apart since they were both Coach Williams.  Bart had a nickname too when I was in school, but no one said it to his face, do you know what it was?

You must be a young fellow cause Bart was not even in the picture when I was in school.

Actually, Coach David Williams was first nicknamed "Daredevil Dave" because of his daring feats to show off by performing stunts to show us his athletic skills in 1976. He would have us doing gymnastic type drills and he loved showing us how to do it. This was at Little Cypress Jr. High in his first coaching job fresh out of College.

We later pegged him as DW cause it was just easier to say, and we called our other jr. high coaches by their initials too: EB Ellis Boyd and KW Ken Willis. Ken Willis moved a couple years later and Ellis Boyd is at the high school now and known simply as Mr. Boyd but DWs name would stick because of a handful of smart a$$e$ in Jr. high school. I would never call him DW to his face, even after my graduation in 1980, but I did let him know about it when he decided to retire two years ago.

So do you need to send me a pm to tell me what you used to call Bart ?

I forgot JT  Johnny Taylor.  He was a character also !

It is a shame that adults do not understand sarcasm anymore!  I Am closer to DW than anyone on this board and I think he is one of the three greatest men I have ever met. He is also the best FB Coach I have ever seen, bar none.  Unfortunately, the community had a very short memory and the "he can't coach" came from them, not me.  DW gave LCM 33 years of faithful service and he did not even get a "thank you" when he left.  They should name the stadium after him!  Then this new coach comes in and wins 8 games in two years and they think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I was merely comparing the records of each man's first two years, 8-12 for the current coach, 20-3 for DW. You do the math!

Sorry, I didn't catch the sarcasm in your post. I know a lot of people wanted "new blood" after Coach Williams last few years weren't overly successful on the field. Please except my apology. I'm just a little sensitive to the unbelievable remarks I've heard in the past regarding this wonderful coach. He was the DB coach when I played there and my brother worked for the man. He has ALWAYS been there for my family when we needed him.

My brother thinks of Coach Williams as a second father. I may not be overly close to him as you may be but I know Dan is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder