22-3A

6 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I told someone the other day, if this district went 1-3 in the first round I wouldn’t be surprised. Congrats to Buna and Orangfield for clawing out their wins! Glad to see the success of the district. 

I would have been very surprised had the teams gone 1-3.  In fact, truthfully, after seeing several of their teams during the season, there were 3 teams in 22-3A that could have won 21-3A.   

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I would have been very surprised had the teams gone 1-3.  In fact, truthfully, after seeing several of their teams during the season, there were 3 teams in 22-3A that could have won 21-3A.   

I agree. I just knew both 2-3 matchups were going to go down to the end, which they did. That’s the only reason it wouldn’t have surprised me. One bounce of the ball the other way and the district could have gone 1-3. 

18 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I agree. I just knew both 2-3 matchups were going to go down to the end, which they did. That’s the only reason it wouldn’t have surprised me. One bounce of the ball the other way and the district could have gone 1-3. 

I knew going in that Diboll was the worst possible matchup in that district for OF but still thought it should be around a 10 pt game.  Then the Bobcats played as poorly as I’ve seen them for 2.5 quarters (credit to the Lumberjacks, their defense was smothering all night).  Still you don’t see many games where a team turns it over 36 times and still wins.  Just did an extremely poor job of taking care of the ball.   By comparison, in the two games vs East Chambers (whose defense is easily the best they’ve seen this year), OF turned it over 21 and 24 times respectively.  

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I knew going in that Diboll was the worst possible matchup in that district for OF but still thought it should be around a 10 pt game.  Then the Bobcats played as poorly as I’ve seen them for 2.5 quarters (credit to the Lumberjacks, their defense was smothering all night).  Still you don’t see many games where a team turns it over 36 times and still wins.  Just did an extremely poor job of taking care of the ball.   By comparison, in the two games vs East Chambers (whose defense is easily the best they’ve seen this year), OF turned it over 21 and 24 times respectively.  

Wow! That’s crazy. Glad they got it done.