*Vidor Has Been To The Playoffs Before!*

Was reading your story about how this year was the first for the Vidor Pirate baseball team to make the playoffs.  I know that Vidor won district 9-AAA in 1965 and played the Brenham Cubs a best two out of three series.  Then, as now, Brenham was a baseball powerhouse and eliminated the Pirates in Bi-District. 

Verification of this is on page 57 of the 1965 Pirate's Treasure school annual.  I remembered because I was a sophmore at VHS at the time.  Interestingly, most of the players on that team were also on the football team that won district in the '64 season and advanced to the state semi-finals before losing to the San Marcos Rattlers by one penetration to decide a 21-21 tie.

Dan Luker

VHS Class of 1967

Was reading your story about how this year was the first for the Vidor Pirate baseball team to make the playoffs.  I know that Vidor won district 9-AAA in 1965 and played the Brenham Cubs a best two out of three series.  Then, as now, Brenham was a baseball powerhouse and eliminated the Pirates in Bi-District. 

Verification of this is on page 57 of the 1965 Pirate's Treasure school annual.  I remembered because I was a sophmore at VHS at the time.  Interestingly, most of the players on that team were also on the football team that won district in the '64 season and advanced to the state semi-finals before losing to the San Marcos Rattlers by one penetration to decide a 21-21 tie.

Dan Luker

VHS Class of 1967

Dan, any idea how many times the football team has been in the playoffs?

I am not 100% sure there weren't a couple of others as well back in the 70's.  I don't have the resources to prove it, but I am pretty sure.  I know for a fact that when it was one team goes.  We had a couple of ties and played in the play in game.  Don't remember all of the results however.

Someone needs to go ahead and do some research of old annuals in the library at VHS.  With their awesome new field, they need to post their past accomplishments somewhere.  I had forgotten that only the top team used to make to post season, that really is quite an accomplishment when you think about it, I wonder how many teams were in a typical district in the 60's and 70's.

vidor has been to the playoffs in football four times since the 64 season!! and like in any school it is a huge accomplish ment when a team makes it to the palyoffs, so STROSBROS please keep in mind that we might not go all the time and when we do we have accomplished alot so please do not post replys that deminish the teams pride in there hard work and effort!!

vidor has been to the playoffs in football four times since the 64 season!! and like in any school it is a huge accomplish ment when a team makes it to the palyoffs, so STROSBROS please keep in mind that we might not go all the time and when we do we have accomplished alot so please do not post replys that deminish the teams pride in there hard work and effort!!

No one is trying to diminish the accomplishments of this team.  My first post on this thread was followed by a  ;) which to most means, 'just kidding.'  I think you might be a little sensitive.  If you notice, my second post on this said someone should research the baseball team's history in the play-offs so their previous accomplishments can be recognized at the very nice new baseball facility (I was not referring to football-this is a baseball forum).  How you got a negative from that post is beyond me-you need to lighten up.

Best of luck to the Pirates on their play-off run.

Hopefully we will hurt them tonight...On the field  ;D

Ya Never know 8)

You might want to bring a jacket because hell could freeze over directly after ;D

Just messing!! everyone from Vidor and BH have a safe trip tonight I'm sure the players will put on a good show!!

Ya Never know 8)

You might want to bring a jacket because heck could freeze over directly after ;D

Just messing!! everyone from Vidor and BH have a safe trip tonight I'm sure the players will put on a good show!!

It will be fun! See ya at the Game, and thanks for caring!  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476