Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!

Guest AISD

Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!

• Ozen
    • Central
    • Memorial
    • Hardin Jefferson
    • East Chambers
    • West Orange Stark
    • Kountze
    • Silsbee

i would have to go with Kountze... they have won the state championship in 3 of the last 4 years and the year they didn't win they were regional finalists... and if anyone thinks they aren't feared because they are a 2A team... then ur wrong... because one of their state championships was when they were 3A and also one year they played HOUSTON MILBY as a warm up game... and stuck with them and only lost by i think 12... and Houston Milby ended up winning the 5A state championship undefeated that year...

Didnt Memorial play Ozen twice, and like at least once a year? 

Coaches who schedule games against Ozen have one thing in mind and that is to try and make a name for themselves.. If you can play a good game against Ozen and possibly slip by them then that is the highlight of their season. Yet they forget that their schedule is full of more meaningful games such as district games that will determine your play-off chances and then prepare you for a state championship.. Boutte plays each game to prepare for a state championship not just to say that the his team beat another team...

Coaches who schedule games against Ozen have one thing in mind and that is to try and make a name for themselves.. If you can play a good game against Ozen and possibly slip by them then that is the highlight of their season. Yet they forget that their schedule is full of more meaningful games such as district games that will determine your play-off chances and then prepare you for a state championship.. Boutte plays each game to prepare for a state championship not just to say that the his team beat another team...

I remember my freshmen Coach Boutte would not play us because he didnt want that lost on his record with his "BIG" man but when he left he played us....05 was the first year Ozen even came to a Gamble classic....now yall tell me who is the most feared....

I remember my freshmen Coach Boutte would not play us because he didnt want that lost on his record with his "BIG" man but when he left he played us....05 was the first year Ozen even came to a Gamble classic....now yall tell me who is the most feared....

Do you honestly feel that one loss on Boutte's record would make a difference, better yet do you honestly feel Boutte has ever been afraid to play in PA or against PA.. Boutte does what is best for his team that particular year and if it meant playing in a different tounament, which probably featured more talent that year b/c every year the Gamble Tournament isnt just feeled with great competion then that is what he will do.

Do you honestly feel that one loss on Boutte's record would make a difference, better yet do you honestly feel Boutte has ever been afraid to play in PA or against PA.. Boutte does what is best for his team that particular year and if it meant playing in a different tounament, which probably featured more talent that year b/c every year the Gamble Tournament isnt just feeled with great competion then that is what he will do.

Ok I understand you are from Ozen and yes I graduated from Memorial but face it.....Boutte is a smart coach and I probably wouldnt have played MHS either coaches always want their records to look good yall turned our tournament down for the Bulldog Classic, not taking anything away from it but look at the competition, and yes the Gamble Classic is always filled with great competition I take that back the only year it wasnt that exciting was last year when Ozen was in it and that was because of the hurricane....

Sorry buddy, but if your talking about the Nederland Bulldog classic this year....Boutte went there to play Houston Heritage Chritian and beast known as DeAndre Jordan.....That team is full of D1 signees that would have beat any team in the Gamble classic by 30+.  So I don't think you should be talking about competition.

Sorry buddy, but if your talking about the Nederland Bulldog classic this year....Boutte went there to play Houston Heritage Chritian and beast known as DeAndre Jordan.....That team is full of D1 signees that would have beat any team in the Gamble classic by 30+.  So I don't think you should be talking about competition.

Roll_Left15 (you are the man) T_totha_K doesnt understand what good coaching is, it's about more than just trying to play rivalry games, its about making your team better and preparing for the play-offs.

Ok that was only this year nothing but locals get in that tournament, and it was Humble Christian that was in it, they was looking for a tournament and Nederland let them in....

Houston Heritage Christian or Humble Christian Life....it's the same school they just changed the name.  Those kids play all over the country...your tellin' me they couldn't find a tournament so they came to play in Nederland, Tx against PN-G.  I think a little bit had to do with Ozen and a former NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR award winner being there.

This guy even went as far as saying that Nederland let them into their tournament.. One thing that a team hosting a tournament wants is for big name programs like your Ozens and Humble Christian Life's to come and participates b/c it brings the fan base and fans bring money for your booster and athletic program. Not trying to knock any of the other teams who participated but how many fans are gonna come to Nederland to watch average teams play one another compared to coming to watch top ranked programs with more on the line if they lose. So dont think for one minute that Nederland just let them in. It helps bring revenue...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tha Unit

KOUNTZE LIONS

NO MATTER WHAT, DONT RUN UP THE SCORE ON THEM IN FOOTBALL OR ELSE THEY WILL RUN UP THE SCORE ON YA IN BASKETBALL

Guest DickVitale

Ozen is DEFINITELY the most feared team in terms of coaches really not wanting to face them year in and year out.  Memorial will become very average again once J'Covan graduates. They have not been "feared" since they were called Lincoln! When it comes to the smaller schools, Kountze and HJ are the front runners, followed by East Chambers.  Quite honestly that list only pertains to SE Texas, because there are many teams in Houston that either don't know about these quality teams success or really dont care WHO they are.  That's their mentality in Houston.  For example, Wheatley was the monster during the 70's and 80's, but the kids in Houston have no fear, or even remember what Wheatley USED to be.  Kids in SE Texas have a deeper sense and respect for history and tradition.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin