Sub Varsity Scores 11/1

VP93....

4 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

Better get your hearing checked. Along with having a talk with your junior high coaches to find out what’s up. 

how so?  All I was hearing a few years ago was how good the sub varsity PNG teams were and how they were going to tear up the district at varsity and beat Ned.  Didn't happen.

28 minutes ago, bigdog said:

how so?  All I was hearing a few years ago was how good the sub varsity PNG teams were and how they were going to tear up the district at varsity and beat Ned.  Didn't happen.

Actually I never once said it translated to the varsity level you did. I said we look good for the future. I guess at any rate you would discount what our kids have done at the lower levels and the accomplishments that they have worked hard to receive. I am sure the kids appreciate your posts. No need for them to work so hard since they have not had recent success against Nederland at the varsity level. Also, you mayhap overlooked the fact that this is a sub-varsity post.

4 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Actually I never once said it translated to the varsity level you did. I said we look good for the future. I guess at any rate you would discount what our kids have done at the lower levels and the accomplishments that they have worked hard to receive. I am sure the kids appreciate your posts. No need for them to work so hard since they have not had recent success against Nederland at the varsity level. 

I'm not discounting what they have done at the lower levels, I am just saying it doesn't always translate to varsity.  Sometimes it does, a lot of the time it doesn't.  Now, for some individual players it might, such as Shug but as a team not always.  Some of that is because of players moved up to varsity as juniors or sophomores that aren't playing with the same teammates that they were on the freshman level. 

My point is that PNG is winning at football at all of the underclassman levels. I have friends whose children play on those teams and are dang proud of them. My post was to generate positivity for those kiddos who have earned the right to be district champions and or in a place to play for it this week. PN-G has had its best sports seasons in our 94-year history over the last couple of seasons. The 2017 Indians class won more sports games than any in our history. That total was surpassed even before the run we had on the baseball team. This is worth recognizing that the institution of PN-G sports is more successful than ever before. That may not always translate to State Championships, but that takes nothing away from the class of sports played over here. We have the winningest volleyball coach in Texas that is active. Our baseball, golf, soccer, and softball teams are very good. I just pointed out that the underclassmen deserve some credit as they are always overlooked for the upperclassman. These kids worked hard to be champions of the district. Our JV team stud QB Bost was not even on the team for three games this year while being pulled up to varsity. Our whole entire offense is underclassmen on varsity sand Roschon and Jaylen Williams at RB. 9 starters back on o next year so many of our underclassmen are up on varsity. So I believe that your starting QB out for three games and so many 10th and 11th graders on varsity and still be undefeated on JV is worth the recognition.