summer ball

no, the bigtimer players are going to play in the league as drafted players to the teams during the week.  They will be playing with the bigtimers as a team on the weekends.  All players can use the extra at bats and fielding.  All players should do this unless you have other ways to get in the workouts.

To Adminbaberuth

How many signed up so far? Am I to take it that if the best select guys play on your teams that means this league is very competitive? When are the practices and games scheduled nights and weekends? I have a kid out of HF that wants to play but he will be going to football camps. Will coaches hold it against players that miss time for football camps?

To Adminbaberuth

How many signed up so far? Am I to take it that if the best select guys play on your teams that means this league is very competitive? When are the practices and games scheduled nights and weekends? I have a kid out of HF that wants to play but he will be going to football camps. Will coaches hold it against players that miss time for football camps?

We've had a record sign up for the 1st week......the league has always been very competetive, last years

This is the hidden content, please
.....We do not practice, games Monday thru Thursday, 2 games per week per team........We don't hold anything against players missing,  we have enough players but if they want to be on our tournament teams after league play they must participate in certain amount of league games....We play all our games at Nederland High School.....

Maybe a former player could comment on our league, that would give you an idea.   

Well Im a former player and I had too much fun playing in the league....last year I was one of the older players on my team with coach Sanderson but I advise others to play...

We've had a record sign up for the 1st week......the league has always been very competetive, last years

This is the hidden content, please
.....We do not practice, games Monday thru Thursday, 2 games per week per team........We don't hold anything against players missing,  we have enough players but if they want to be on our tournament teams after league play they must participate in certain amount of league games....We play all our games at Nederland High School.....

Maybe a former player could comment on our league, that would give you an idea.   

Guest tabasco

My son played Babe Ruth last year in the 16-18 y.o. group. You will not find a better league program than playing with this organization. Most area varsity players that want to continue playing after the varsity season is over will come over and play. It gives them a chance to get to know kids from other HS in the area, as the league draws kids from all over. In addition to quality baseball, the mood is competitive, but at the same time lighthearted fun for the players and parents. Jimmy Collins and all put on a great league over there. I’d encourage all Varsity players to participate in a program such as this…You might want to call, as this program will fill up quickly…

First, from a league perspective, Mid County Babe Ruth is tops in the area.  They do a very good job, etc.

From a select standpoint, the SE Texas Sun Devils (out of Beaumont) are the proverbial 'gold standard' in the area.  Most if not all of the D-1 players from this area have gone through that program.  They operate a HS age team and, now, a 13 year old team (always building for the future).  The other select organization in the area is Big Timers.  That is all I will say about them.

If you want to expand your zone, the Baytown Knights run several teams as does the Houston Heat.  I have always been a fan of the Heat and their 'founder', Phil Cross. 

The important thing in summer ball is to decide what you want to get from it.  Do you want to play, play locally, travel, get exposure, etc.  Those are all questions you need to answer before deciding where to try to go. 

Best of luck to everyone this summer (of course, spring ain't over yet) !!!!

i played on a team called the texas pirates this summer and got no exposure what so ever. not that they wernt good but very young. the only tournaments we went to were some brenham which was ok and hitchcock which was just like playing in a city league for me being a senior that isnt working i need a team that is going to travel does anyone have any rec. please list any teams and e-mail around the houston area

Hey Jet. Chuck McElroy is coaching an 18-under team called the sluggers ( Clear lake Area ) . Chuck is a lefty who played 13 years of pro ball. Great guy. Look on the internet for a place called The Sports House and you can find his number. I do know tryouts are April 21st @ Bay Area Christian High School. You may check into the Baytown Knights on the internet. 18-u to be Coached by Darin Forse who is a Pittsburgh Pirate scout and Chris Rupp former head coach @ S. Houston State and San Jac. My son has played in the past with Red Dogs ( Houston not Fort Bend ). One of their coaches is a scout with the Chicago White Sox. Send me a personnel e-mail and I'll give you my number...should be able to give you more info.

Hey Jet. Chuck McElroy is coaching an 18-under team called the sluggers ( Clear lake Area ) . Chuck is a lefty who played 13 years of pro ball. Great guy. Look on the internet for a place called The Sports House and you can find his number. I do know tryouts are April 21st @ Bay Area Christian High School. You may check into the Baytown Knights on the internet. 18-u to be Coached by Darin Forse who is a Pittsburgh Pirate scout and Chris Rupp former head coach @ S. Houston State and San Jac. My son has played in the past with Red Dogs ( Houston not Fort Bend ). One of their coaches is a scout with the Chicago White Sox. Send me a personnel e-mail and I'll give you my number...should be able to give you more info.

You know what my grand-father taught that man how to pitch and he still won't do anything for his home town....smh :(  Wish it wasnt that way but thats life

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124