What do people think of the Warren Warrior baseball team this year?

Come on guys.I wouldn't exactly call getting beat by Sabine Pass,Burkeville,Anahuac,EC,Hardin,Memorial and Buna reaching new heights.There is a lot of baseball talent in Warren,unfortunately a lot of them aren't playing.To be honest about half the varsity club right now should be playing JV ball.Don't blame Coach Morgan for trying to manufacture runs,he doesn't have any choice.The bottom line is the Warriors have no depth on the mound.Swinney is solid as a starter,Wilson and Kelly will be good varsity pitchers its just not fair do expect it out of them as freshmen and sophomores.I've said this about football and basketball in years past"the best thing about freshmen and sophomores is they turn in to juniors and seniors".You don't build a program by changing coaches every year.Give the guy a chance.I also think someone with Willis pitching experience should be given control of the pitching staff.If you want a successful program hire the right guy and give him time to do the job.I still support the Warriors.Good luck guys.

Pitching is the obvious weakness.  Swinney does a great job but can't do it by himself.  Wilson and Kelley will be great, but it will take some time for them to develope.  Too bad so many of the players chose not to play.  I think they can be a good team it will just take some time.  It's a good thing to have the young players out there, it's just painful for a while.  You have to give the coaches time and let them run the team.

The team has a lot of talent and will for years to come.  But the head coach seams to only be a team player when his boys are winning. And there's not a lot of respect from coach to players.  I've personally heard how he talks down to some and then others who are faves get a pat on the back for errors.  These kids have a lot of heart and talent when led by the right coach but this one is not it.  Let's give Willis a shot!

Does the coach catch,hit and throw the ball? Give the head man a chance. I hear real good things about him.

There is nothing wrong with the coaching staff at Warren. This is highschool ball and not LL. The ones complaining are the kids that have been coddled all their life and never had to answer for their mistakes. We are not "loaded with talent", there are some capable ball players, but not enough to make up for the lack of pitching. There is not a "buss load of talent walking the halls, choosing not to play because of the coaches", that is just false. The only kid not playing who could help is Granger, for the pitching.

The coahces didnt commit the upteen errors against Hardin, the players did. The team came out dead and never got into the game. Infielders back on their heels, outfielders not backing up throws. People not knowing where to throw. The only spark in the infield was Kelly. He's always in the game and is going to be a quality varsity player. Levi in center, again did a good job.

Wrong.....by the time you get to highschool, you should know, at least, who to back up and where to throw. This isnt tee-ball. An infielder back on heels? No movement before the pitch? Come on........This is basic baseball, the stuff you see on LL fields everywhere. I heard him comment on all of it. You cant blame the coaches if it doesnt get done. You can only sit so many for lack of effort.

Why do you think Morgan is getting ragged on? He is old school, the same type of caoches I used to have. You do something wrong, he lets you know, you do something right, he lets you know........He is vocal and not afraid to call you out on mistakes. Some of the kids dont like that, tough luck. Get better, quit making the dumb mistakes and you wont hear it. He's trying to play a varsity schedule with a jv club. We have 3-4 kids who could make a varsity team anywhere, the rest seem to be just playing to have something to do..........The 3-4 we have cant overcome the lack of pitching.

We are 3-4 in district, not bad with this team. It's not a strong district, but we arent a strong team. The kids that are griping, would still be griping if we were 7-0. They dont like the disipline, again, tough.............

Again with the one liners? Do you even have a clue about Warren baseball? Or just having fun? Have you even seen a game?

By this time last year, we had been run ruled about 7 times. That was with a more talented team. Just looking at the records, the coaching staff has made a diff.

There is nothing wrong with the coaching staff at Warren. This is highschool ball and not LL. The ones complaining are the kids that have been coddled all their life and never had to answer for their mistakes. We are not "loaded with talent", there are some capable ball players, but not enough to make up for the lack of pitching. There is not a "buss load of talent walking the halls, choosing not to play because of the coaches", that is just false. The only kid not playing who could help is Granger, for the pitching.

The coahces didnt commit the upteen errors against Hardin, the players did. The team came out dead and never got into the game. Infielders back on their heels, outfielders not backing up throws. People not knowing where to throw. The only spark in the infield was Kelly. He's always in the game and is going to be a quality varsity player. Levi in center, again did a good job.

I believe we have a misunderstanding about kids choosing not to play.I know in Sims' case it was a conflict with an AAU basketball schedule,not coaches, he simply wanted to work on his basketball and the schedule happened to conflict with practice and game dates.He did work out some while he was waiting on the basketball schedule and I can promise you he would have helped this pitching staff.He is throwing as hard now as anyone on this staff and has a very good breaking ball.Not sure why Granger didn't play but he would have been the #1 guy.Carnley is as solid a player as they had in the infield and has an exceptional bat,not sure why he left the team unless it was lack of playing time.Kendall Wright and Travis McBee as well as Brent Nash and Diego Huerta could have also filled some roles and added depth.That's 7 players who could have contributed and helped this club,thats a bus load in a 2a school.Not saying all these guys would have started but they would definitely filled some roles and helped the TEAM.That's what's lost here baseball is the ultimate team sport it's not about 9 superstars.I will agree totally about the discipline,this isn't little leauge,learn to do it right or move over for someone that can.The coach will be fine give him a chance.The young guys will get better the more they play and mature,the older ones are gonna have to step up until they do.Go Warriors and good luck Morgan and Willis.

You named 7 quality atheletes in their various sports....McBee (excellent football and basketball player), Diego (football), Nash (basketball), Simms (basketball, but you are right, he throws as hard as our other pitchers), Carnelly (tennis, he never wanted to be on the baseball team this year, his heart wasnt in it from the jump), Kendall--not sure what he's playing. All of them are good kids and I wish them luck.

All these guys are atheletic, but none, could come out and made a record changing impact on a baseball team. I've seen them all play.

Granger....thats a different story.

I guess that's my point 7 quality atheletes in a 2-a school would help.Sims would have helped the pitching staff tremendously.I had the opportunity to catch him before the aau bball schedule came out.He has always had good control.He just never would turn it loose.His basketball coaches have changed that demeanor.Carnley is concentrating on tennis but he would have stayed on the baseball team had the playing time been there.Thats probably the only thing I would question in the coaches decision,Scott could have definitely helped him.However that's his call.The key to this club is plain and simple"pitching".Granger,Sims and Swinney in the rotation would have made a difference in the record.Would they have beat Buna?Probably not,but I sure wish we could have had a chance to see.Diego hasn't played in years but with the right coach his potential would be unreal.

i completely agree about the discipline, the kids that whine are just the ones that have never been held accountable and they need to get better or get over it. as far as carnley more playtime may have made a difference, but i talked to him at the beginning of the season and he didnt want to play even then. morgan and willis both know a whole lot about baseball, and given time they will definitely impact the team even more than they already have. im not gonna say i agree with absolutely everything theyve done, but then again the coaches know things that i just dont...practice performance, etc. the team's problem is definitely pitching, and granger would definitely have made a difference there...i havent seen sims pitch in a long time, but if what whsalum says is true he would also have helped trememdously. the other 4 athletes would have done very well as people to fill spots, but warren's problem is they have too many people to do that already -- 3-4 good players and a bunch of boys that have been playing for a while and know what theyre doing, but just arent stand-out players.

I don't care what a kid's reason is for not playing; doesnt like the coaches, other sports, lack of PT, parents, whatever. If they dont play its because their heart isnt in it. If they loved to play the game they would play. As a coach I would rather have kids who wanted to be there and that I knew I could count on to give there best effort all the time. And just because a kid is a good football player, basketball player, etc doesnt mean he can be a good baseball player. Baseball is a skill game. You have to know how to hit, throw, field, bunt, run bases, etc. Those skills have to be worked on and perfected over several years. In my years coaching Ive seen many really good athletes who were terrible baseball players cause they didnt have the skills.

I've kept my mouth shut long enough. The Kids that were mentioned that are not playing were on an undeafeaded Senior Little League team, averaged 22 runs a game and gave up one run.  They played as freshmen on the JV team.  They stopped playing because they did not like what the coach was doing.  That being, letting the parents choose the team, positions and starters instead of the coach.  Untill the parents stay out of it, it will not get any better.  Warren has two new coaches that have not learned that yet.  In time they will and will be great coaches. I will continue to support the boys playing as I always have,  but I know we could be much better.

Yes. averaged!!  Played in the Woodville league.  Only three that were on that team are playing now.  Parker, Swinney and Ellis.  The team consisted of pitchers Paul Sims, Hieslebetz and Parker. Infield Sims 1st, Parker cat, Carnley 2nd, Swinney ss, Ellis or Wright 3rd,  Mcbee left, Nash, center and Stephen Sims in right. Parker and Hieslebetz hit 15 out of the park and this was the Woodville high school field not Little League.  Best team I've ever seen.  (except my 64 Kelly HS team)

That was a very special group.Brody Parker and Ryan Heizelbetz were as good of young hitters as I have ever seen.Ryan was injured in an accidental shooting and was lucky to survive his freshmen year.As well as they hit the ball defense was their strength.If you hit it anywhere in the infield that group would throw you out.They could have defitely helped.

Well crazy or not, that my friend is a fact. And if someone can't see it they are blind.  A kid get moved down, parent pitches a fit 'and he is back up.  Happens around here all the time. We got kids playing that don't even come to practice.  I believe Morgan is going to be a good coach. and am willing to give him the time,  but he still has to learn how to deal with the spoiled parents here in Warren. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder