Should Durant Go 1 And Out???

I think that Durant has the game, but he's just not built for the NBA. Those bird legs of his would just get snapped in half by some of the stronger players in the league. I say stay at least one more year and hit the weight room. What is everyone elses opinion?

Guest WBFan09

it is at its highest YET it could be high he should stay one more year eat a buttload and gain a lot of muscle...it would be the best thing for him

His stock is high now, but I believe it would go up if he got a little thicker and alot stronger. There is always that possibility of injury, but I don't care how many points he scored this year he just doesn't have the build of an NBA superstar. He will not be as dominate as quickly as LeBron James was. He's a great scorer, but he's still built like a college freshman.

Durant should hang out in Austin for another season.  He can bulk up and if possible develop more aspects of his game.  With Oden making the final four he could come out if the Bucks win a championship, if not I could see him sticking around for a run at one next year.  I remember UT commentators saying that Durant had asked Barnes if he had to address the media on his draft status and Barnes told him to let it go, so perhaps he like it at UT and may stick around for a year or two more.

It's a harder decision for him than a lot of people think.  Most think it's just one and out for Durant, but the way the Horns lost to USC in the tourney could be eating away at the 6'9" phenom....he might want another chance at the big dance and as a Longhorn fan, I'm just crossing my fingers.  As for the fact that Durant looks like a school boy...I couldn't agree more, but he doesn't have to get big like Lebron to be successful....just look at Garnett.  They are both basically the same player, minus the experience.  He's ready for the bigtime, and financialy it won't get any better than this.

I think he'd be carzy not to declare this year.  At worst, he's the number two pick in the draft and is guaranteed millions of dollars.  What happens if next year he regresses or (God forbid) has an injury that slows him down.  You go when your stock is at its highest.  That's right now for Kevin Durant!

He needs to stay another year..........Alridge, Ford, Gibson, Tucker all stayed and had fabolous 2nd years.

yea but wat if he were to break his leg or ankle and be out for the season? just like that his stock would crash and he would be lucky to even be drafted......the same was said for vince young........wat if he woulda stayed for his senior year and he broke a leg?

hes good enough and he WILL go once he and his momma see all the zeros thrown at him

I think he would make more of an impact in the nba however if he would stay at tu...gain some muscle, and learn the art of the ASSIST  ;)

plus it would be fun to watch the ags beat them some more while they have "the best player in basketball"

ok i do think the longhorns beat the aggies once also......and who made it to the finals of the big 12 tourny and who lost to oklahoma st(who couldnt even get past marist in the NIT)in the tourny?

who played the worst game of the season..and magically lost in the first round to earn a 1 week rest? think about it...

AND it takes a lot more than a 1-point win in 2OT to make up for a 20 point embarrassment in which a "defensive" team scores 100

I love the way that any topic about UT or A&M always turns into a rivalry battle. When overall nobody really cares about who beat who 20 years ago so the fact that you bring that up is stupid. I mean the Kingwood basketball coach didn't walk up to Duncanville this year and say "OH YEAH well that title was mine 2 years ago." History is great, but thats exactly what it is. . .HISTORY. So instead of arguing look at the CURRENT facts. Coach G. has done a great job at A&M and has brought them a long ways in 3 years. They have had 2 good seasons and THIS year they made it further than t.u. Those are the facts. . .and with that said, the topic of this thread has nothing to do with UT or A&M's previous basketball records. Get back on topic!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami