Friendswood @ Barbers Hill

BHFAN

To be honest I have nothing to base how BH may or may not do in this game. BH has had one scrimmage against The Woodlands which I understand was more like a practice than a scrimmage. I had one report from the scrimmage which was not detailed which basically was our defense looked very good against the defending 6A DIV I state finalist , but our Offense needed some work. Friendswood should be a big test for BH which is being picked to place 4th in their 6A district. I'm pumped we traded up from a Santa Fe team which would not have been very useful when trying to prepare for Crosby. At least now we should not be shocked by Crosby's speed after playing two quality opponents. Hoping to see a good competitive game Friday! What do yall think?

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm glad as well that we're playing Friendswood instead of Santa Fe. It will most likely be a blowout, but atleast we can work on some things before district starts.

This isn't the typical Friendswood team from the past with monsters everywhere and D1 players on both sides of the ball. If this was their teams from 2008-2010 it would be ugly. This isn't that team. Don't know what you consider a blowout but this game could be a lot closer than you think. Will see Friday though and one way or the other if BH comes out of this game healthy it's still a much more quality opponent than Sante Fe.

I agree with Bronco on this one. From Dave Campbell's Mag here is the skinny.

Friendswood  

• 649 students larger than BH
  • Last year they were 9-3 6A Div II Region Semifinalist.
  • 24 letterman return with 45 graduating
  • Returning 5 on O and 6 on D
  • No returning QB (Graduated)
  • 1 RB returning (5'10" 180 lbs 4.6 speed) that missed most of the season last year due to injury
  • 6'3" receiver with 4.5 speed 
  • DE's , DT's and LB's return on Defense.

This may be a defensive lower scoring game than I once thought, but you never know.

I live in Friendswood and was at the Friendswood/Dayton scrimmage.I did not see any 4.5 receiver for Friendswood.What I did see was some TALL receivers that used their bodies to out muscle the Dayton DBs for the ball.Dayton's Santee had a very good night running the ball against the Friendswood defense that was much bigger.Friendswood QB,I believe will be Karam.He is an underclassman ( soph.)??Reminds me of Payton Ploch of Dayton past.Chunky stature but will run the ball when needed.His brother was a great QB at Friendswood and I believe went to Texas Tech.He loves to throw the crossing pattern to them tall receivers.Dayton only scoring TD came when Dayton went to a hurry up offense and Friendswood could not substitute on the DL.I was not impressed with Friendswood's lack of speed which may play into Barbers Hill favor,if they have any?? That scrimmage seems like a month ago,so conditioning probably will be better on both sides.  

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I support our team, just think it will get out of hand. Just a prediction, hopefully I'm wrong and we shock the Mustangs.

Never thoughts I'd say it but I think BH fans are the most realistic on here. Rarely do they overestimate their results on the field, at least for the last couple of years. I think it's something to be said for that. 

"Unless BH got 15 transfers from Kingwood imma take Friendswood by 3 TD's."

We only got 5 from KWP, but 6 from Baytown, 2 from North Shore and I have been texting "Squirrel" to let him know I have a spare room available for the rest of the season. 

17 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

"Unless BH got 15 transfers from Kingwood imma take Friendswood by 3 TD's."

We only got 5 from KWP, but 6 from Baytown, 2 from North Shore and I have been texting "Squirrel" to let him know I have a spare room available for the rest of the season. 

So you got C teamers from north shore and kids from lee and KWP? 

I'll take Friendswood by 4 Tds then. 

Win or lose I'm ready for some football folks. The weather is awesome today and these boys get to take their minds off of all the tragedy that they have been directly or indirectly effected by. Lets tune up for Crosby next week and have an injury free game. Westerburg Season 2 coming up!!!

33 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Win or lose I'm ready for some football folks. The weather is awesome today and these boys get to take their minds off of all the tragedy that they have been directly or indirectly effected by. Lets tune up for Crosby next week and have an injury free game. Westerburg Season 2 coming up!!!

Quit rubbing it in. Lol