Donahoe?

Guest Bobby Knight

Guest Bobby Knight

We know he would do wonders at Lamar, no doubt. Question i'm raising is will he go elsewhere? How would he do at a D1 school?

He has been told by two other SLC schools that he could come in and start immediately.  One of the teams made the conference tourney and one did not.  Both of these schools have been following him for the last few months and one of them has been to each of the last 15 or so games.  He could come in and contribute immediately at any SLC school!!!  He has had several schools looking at him including a school from the Northeast, the SEC, a school or two from the West Coast and now 4 or 5 schools from the SLC.  His showing this year and in the playoffs may make his stock rise.  Hopefully LU will put the paperwork in front of him real soon.  I am a HJ alum and fan and a huge LU fan and I have really been pushing the issue for LU to sign him.  Hopefully LU will get this done!!!

How much has Ryan Donahoe's stock risen in the Hawks State Championship???  He has proven that he was the Best Player in Texas in Class AAA!!!  There were several inquiries about him at the State Tourney this weekend!!!!  Where will he go???  Anxious to hear a few viewpoints from people who may have been in Austin or who watched the video stream of the Chamionship Game!!!  This is a serious inquiry, not just a HJ fan trying to promote Donahoe!!!!

IMO, there is no doubt that Ryan would start for Lamar next year. The question is, is there interest in him from some bigger conference schools as of late? I really could see a Houston, Rice, Baylor, or another Big 12 or C-USA school offer him a scholarship. I think he is good enough to play in a bigger conference. I really don't think it will come down to just SLC schools on getting Donahoe.

I know Ryan will do wonder at any bigger college than LU but will he get any playing time at a D1 school he not ranked as one of the top payer in the country i see maybe around here he is but as for as going to LU he will be big and maybe his junior year he'll transfer to a D1 and do good there but for now it mostly going to be playing at LU because it close home

Guest RealityDad

Do the "big" Div I schools still have S-ships left to give out this time of year?

Might be a problem.

Donahoe is Money - Every time the hawks came down and had to have a basket, Donahoe took, and made the shot.  The guy is clutch.

Guest ltownbaseball9

He would have lamar out next year but wouldn't start for them.....you got hopkins,todd, coming back and also they got 2 more good recruits coming in from juco is what Chappell told me so it will be tough for him to start but would get playing time.....

He would have lamar out next year but wouldn't start for them.....you got hopkins,todd, coming back and also they got 2 more good recruits coming in from juco is what Chappell told me so it will be tough for him to start but would get playing time.....

Considering that Donahoe would likely play PG....Todd is a forward...and Hopkins found his groove at the end of the year playing shooting guard...not PG!!!  The only competetion at PG is Shane Mahoney and any other PG that come in.  Which at this time is none.

Guest ltownbaseball9

they got 2 guys coming in that arent bad.....and that sanson guy isn't bad either...he won't start he will be a good bench guy but his sophmore year he will have a chance.....but he can't run the point.....and todd isn't a dang forward he's a guard, Lamar Sanders is the forward......

Considering that Donahoe would likely play PG....Todd is a forward...and Hopkins found his groove at the end of the year playing shooting guard...not PG!!!  The only competetion at PG is Shane Mahoney and any other PG that come in.  Which at this time is none.

TRUE! And honestly, I think Donahoe could give Shane a run for his money..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124