*Post Jasper Tourney Scores Here*

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbeleivable!

Jasper throws the same guy that threw eleven innings last time out, nine more innings. 140plus?

The day after their left hander throws eight innings. 130plus?

It is the same thing every year up there.  That is part of the reason they seem to fade toward the end and never seem to make much noise in the playoffs.  Also when was the last Jasper pitcher to have a real productive college carreer.  I am guessing it was under the last coach.

What a great win for Vidor.  Who cares about Tuesday.  Win the one your in.  I bet they have plenty of pitching. I heard it was one of their strengths this year.

who cares about tuesday?  the pirates will at about 9:30 pm tuesday

no disrespect espn2

but the winner of the jasper round robin tournament does not go to the post season.  the winner of the eight team double round robin tournament that starts tuesday, does.

Guest coach

who cares about tuesday?  the pirates will at about 9:30 pm tuesday

no disrespect espn2

but the winner of the jasper round robin tournament does not go to the post season.  the winner of the eight team double round robin tournament that starts tuesday, does.

Vidor plays nederland Tuesday.If I am not mistaken Ned.threw there ace this weekend.Vidor has depth at pitching.I dont believe there mind was made up who they were going to start Tuesday against Ned.

Both Jasper and Vidor are great teams.Good win for Vidor and it helps out after that loss aginst brook last tuesday

LCM-10

Huntsville-3

Huntsville scored in the top of the 6th, and had the score 10-6, but the Bears scored 1 with no outs to make it 11-6 when time ran out, reverting the score to the last complete inning played.

Get this...Huntsville batter hits a fair ball that travels into the "tarp tube" on the left field side.  LCM's left fielder holds up both arms signaling that the ball had gone into the tube and stopped inside.  Umpire never calls a time out, indicating that the tube is "part of the field" and therefore ball is live.  Can someone explain this to me?  I thought those infield cover tubes were dead ball territory, if the ball stayed inside them...

LCM-10

Huntsville-3

Huntsville scored in the top of the 6th, and had the score 10-6, but the Bears scored 1 with no outs to make it 11-6 when time ran out, reverting the score to the last complete inning played.

Get this...Huntsville batter hits a fair ball that travels into the "tarp tube" on the left field side.  LCM's left fielder holds up both arms signaling that the ball had gone into the tube and stopped inside.  Umpire never calls a time out, indicating that the tube is "part of the field" and therefore ball is live.  Can someone explain this to me?   I thought those infield cover tubes were dead ball territory, if the ball stayed inside them...

Ball is in play if the player touches the ball at anytime prior or before entering the tarp tube...However, the player should have pursued the ball and prepared to make a player until a ruling was made.  That's just bad umpring if the fielder never touched the ball...

LCM-10

Huntsville-3

Get this...Huntsville batter hits a fair ball that travels into the "tarp tube" on the left field side.  LCM's left fielder holds up both arms signaling that the ball had gone into the tube and stopped inside.  Umpire never calls a time out, indicating that the tube is "part of the field" and therefore ball is live.  Can someone explain this to me?   I thought those infield cover tubes were dead ball territory, if the ball stayed inside them...

Well...the ball went through the entire tube....and yes, the left fielder threw his hands up....but the mistake he made was he did not leave his hands up long enough.  The player is supposed to leave his hands up until acknowledged by the umpire.  He held his hands up and then quickly put them down and pursued the ball without a "dead ball" call from the umpire, therefore it was live.  I talked to the umpires after the game, and they said that if he would have left his hands up longer then they would have awarded the batter a double.

According to reports, LCM defeated Huntsville (twice), and Hemphill but lost to Jasper.  Did they play Vidor?

Jasper defeated LCM and Hemphill and lost to Vidor.  Who was their other game(s) against?

Vidor defeated Hemphill, Huntsville and Jasper.  Who was their 4th game?

Thanks.

Here was the schedule...Let me see what I can find as far as scores in this thread.

2007 Jasper Field of Dreams tournament

thursday:

12:00 vidor vs. hemphill

3:00 huntsville vs. LCM

6:00 Jasper vs. LCM

Friday:

10:00 LCM vs. Hemphill

1:00 Huntsville vs. Vidor

4:00 Jasper vs. Hemphill

7:00 Jasper vs. Vidor

saturday:

12:00 LCM vs. Huntsville

3:00 Hemphill vs. Vidor

6:00 Jasper vs. Huntsville

According to reports, LCM defeated Huntsville (twice), and Hemphill but lost to Jasper.  Did they play Vidor?

No

Jasper defeated LCM and Hemphill and lost to Vidor.  Who was their other game(s) against?

Jasper played Huntsville last night at 6. Can't find score

Vidor defeated Hemphill, Huntsville and Jasper.  Who was their 4th game?

Vidor played Hemphill again on Saturday. Can't find that score but I would assume Vidor won.

quote "Well...the ball went through the entire tube....and yes, the left fielder threw his hands up....but the mistake he made was he did not leave his hands up long enough.  The player is supposed to leave his hands up until acknowledged by the umpire.  He held his hands up and then quickly put them down and pursued the ball without a "dead ball" call from the umpire, therefore it was live.  I talked to the umpires after the game, and they said that if he would have left his hands up longer then they would have awarded the batter a double."

The ball is still live untill an umpire verifies that the ball is in dead ball territory. If it is a dead ball, then the umpires will put the runners back to where they were when the ball went into dead ball territory and award bases for the dead ball from that point. Just because a player throws his hands up does not mean it is a dead ball. Example: Ball goes through the fence and the fielder puts up his hands. If the ball did not really go through the fence then it is still live. It must verified that it is in dead ball terriotry. Also if a player throws up his hands and then goes to get the ball without the umpire verifying that the ball is dead, it is a live ball. This prevents a player from saying that a ball is dead when it is not to possibly keep a runner or runners from advancing to more bases than they would receive from the award of the dead ball.  Got to have checks and balances.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder