Barbers Hill 7 HJ 6 Final/Tuesday

KFDM COOP

H-J scored 3 in top of 6th for a 6-5 lead.  BH scored 2 in the bottom of 7th with the help of a lead-off 2 base error by the centerfielder.  A double by sophmore Alex Rocha scored the tying run, a sacrifice put the runner on third and the winning run scored on a fly ball over a drawn in outfield.

I thought the H-J pitchers did an admirable job of pitching out of problems.  BH had 11 LOB through 6 innings.

H-J line score: 6 runs - 6 hits - 4 errors  LP - Josh Alfaro

BH line score: 7 runs - 6 hits - 1 error  WP - Ross Hales

Other Pitchers:

H-J - Taylor Monse, Josh Rogers, Dylan Lundy

BH - Kendall Thamm, Hunter Silva, Jonathan Kelly, Derek Hulsey

The first was a pop up in front of home plate that wasn't caught.  The second was committed on a the shortstop when he threw home to get the runner from third and the throw was low going to the backstop allowing another runner to score.  The third was on the centerfielder on a fly ball that he misplayed.  And the fourth occurred on a sacrifice bunt to the third baseman in which his throw was low and the batter was safe. 

These were my rulings according to the way I saw the plays. 

Game was at BH...very good game. Colby Townley with another HR for BH. Kyle McDonald yet another great game in center. Take nothing away from HJ, they are going to make some noise in 3AAA, very good squad.  However, because of Thursday's start of the Ewell Jackson tournament BH held their 2 soutpaws pitchcount down. Thamm threw first 2 innings ( 4 K's, 1 BB, 0 hits, 0 runs ). For the year the JR. lefthander has thrown 11 innings ( 17 K's, 1 BB,1 run scored..ERA of .082. The other JR. southpaw, Ross Hales threw last inning giving up no runs. I believe he struckout 1, maybe two. Very exciting game to watch.

Hey, BigDaddyDave...not sure if your reply was directed @ me or the other guy. My opionion HJ has a very talented, well-coached squad. My post meant no direspect to HJ. Those kids can play some ball. Best of luck ! 

hah no man i was just talking about people that dont think that Hj is any good this year and that we are gunna suck!....but no man it wasnt directed to you

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami