Porter Vs. Splendora

BHFAN

I think this is the game of the week in 21-5A. BH playing Humble and what would usually be a good match up between Crosby and Dayton has lost it's flare. I'm curious how Porter will handle Splendora especially after the huge win last Friday in Dayton. Splendora has been giving every team except BH so far some trouble.. This could be a shootout , can Porter continue the Cinderella season or will Splendora run it down the Spartans throat ?

3 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Porter will win this one by at least two scores. My prediction is 35-14.

It looks like Dayton ran the ball pretty well on Porter last week, so I don't know. If Splendora can control the clock and limit the big play it's going to be tight!

6 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

It looks like Dayton ran the ball pretty well on Porter last week, so I don't know. If Splendora can control the clock and limit the big play it's going to be tight!

Splendora will not be able to stop Porter's passing attack. Splendora has no passing attack and Porter will dare them to throw. They will stuff the box with 8. Nichols will probably break off one or two good runs. So I give them a couple of scores.

4 minutes ago, Lightning/Eagle said:

Splendora will not be able to stop Porter's passing attack. Splendora has no passing attack and Porter will dare them to throw. They will stuff the box with 8. Nichols will probably break off one or two good runs. So I give them a couple of scores.

We are talking about the same team right? Splendora scored 29 points on NC and held them to there second lowest score of the season. I don't think Porter has a better team than NC which is why I'm basing my opiinion that it will be close. I would not be shocked to see Splendora come out with a W.

22 hours ago, BHFAN said:

We are talking about the same team right? Splendora scored 29 points on NC and held them to there second lowest score of the season. I don't think Porter has a better team than NC which is why I'm basing my opiinion that it will be close. I would not be shocked to see Splendora come out with a W.

I don't think Porter will beat Splendora by more than New Caney did. Splendora isn't good but New Caney's defense is their offense. It doesn't matter what offense you run, if you run it well you can probably put points on NC. Splendora ran it but can't make wide open catches or hit open receivers so they only ended up with 29, they probably get close to 40 if they could complete forward passes off their playaction. Dayton scored 26 throwing at least 4 picks that I saw but had receivers and rbs running open down the field but didn't have the coaching to get it to them. 

I think Porter will try to shorten the game and grind the clock against NC but I would imagine both teams score in the 40's when BH and NC play. Porter is probably about to blow Splendora out though, it's going to be hard to beat a Jim Holley coached team running that offense.

11 hours ago, Bigdaddy79 said:

Splendora will lose this one. Porter is riding the high that they have been on and will fall short to New Caney in a couple weeks.

Porter will ride the "high" for a while, I've seen every game, and they are impressive. Coach Jim Holley has those kids believing and so do I.

On October 11, 2016 at 0:02 PM, BHFAN said:

According to maxpreps, New Caney gave up 316 yards and 29 points to splendora while Porter gave up just 122 yards and 3 points. To completely shut a team down that had extreme success against one of the top 4 teams in district is impressive; can't count Porter out

9 hours ago, HSTX said:

According to maxpreps, New Caney gave up 316 yards and 29 points to splendora while Porter gave up just 122 yards and 3 points. To completely shut a team down that had extreme success against one of the top 4 teams in district is impressive; can't count Porter out

They did well. from the week before when Dayton ran wild on Porter. But we saw this week that Dayton is playing much better football

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

They did well. from the week before when Dayton ran wild on Porter. But we saw this week that Dayton is playing much better football

Porter is absolutely in the hunt for the DC. I wouldn't judge the Splendora vs NC game too much though. NC had a starting linebacker and strong safety out that game with minor ankle injuries. The game was never in doubt and a lot of the Splendora yardage came late.