Conflict of Interest

Upon reading some of RunninRebels past posts it is clear he is not a fan of HJ.  That is perfectly fine, he is welcome to his opinion.  However, when a poster says that he has been officiating for over two decades and you combine that information with referring to Port Arthur and Memorial as “us” it causes a little concern.  Then when you further combine that information with comments such as “they believe they invented basketball over there in Sour Lake” (x2) and “HJ has the most arrogant, whiniest fans” along with several other disparaging comments toward the school, town, and program it causes quite a bit more concern.  Finally, you throw in an accusation that HJ is running from Silsbee and was  able to get realigned to another district due to their connections at UIL well, the concern becomes rather large.  I would hope, sir, whoever you are, that you at least have enough dignity and character (and given all the opinions and accusations you have thrown out you must be of the highest character) to make sure you remove yourself from any association with Hardin-Jefferson when it comes to officiating. 

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Upon reading some of RunninRebels past posts it is clear he is not a fan of HJ.  That is perfectly fine, he is welcome to his opinion.  However, when a poster says that he has been officiating for over two decades and you combine that information with referring to Port Arthur and Memorial as “us” it causes a little concern.  Then when you further combine that information with comments such as “they believe they invented basketball over there in Sour Lake” (x2) and “HJ has the most arrogant, whiniest fans” along with several other disparaging comments toward the school, town, and program it causes quite a bit more concern.  Finally, you throw in an accusation that HJ is running from Silsbee and was  able to get realigned to another district due to their connections at UIL well, the concern becomes rather large.  I would hope, sir, whoever you are, that you at least have enough dignity and character (and given all the opinions and accusations you have thrown out you must be of the highest character) to make sure you remove yourself from any association with Hardin-Jefferson when it comes to officiating. 

Lol, this may not happen very often, but I totally agree with you. The one thing you failed to mention is not only officiating HJ, but w hat about  the other Teams &  games he works??

Kinda makes you wonder how this person survived 20+ years on the job :)   SMH

1 hour ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Lol, this may not happen very often, but I totally agree with you. The one thing you failed to mention is not only officiating HJ, but w hat about  the other Teams &  games he works??

Kinda makes you wonder how this person survived 20+ years on the job :)   SMH

Or it explains 20 years of bad officiating :) 

This is why you have a lot of refs getting scratched because they cant control their emotions. Your job isnt whether you like the school,kids or coaches but to provide an unbiased assessment of the game according to what the RULE BOOK says, not your interpretation of what YOU think it says. Too many refs are taking things personal i mean if 10 ppl say the same thing about you then it has to be true. Perfect your craft instead of viewing it as a hinderance because you do get paid to do a job. And think about this refs since you get paid dont coaches have a right be upset with the job you provide if the service is terrible. If you were at a restaurant and your waiter was rude you wouldn't tip them ,see what im saying. I suggest you guys and ladies get out your feelings and DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, stevenash said:

You have to question whether someone who makes such statements has the temperament and/or judgment to be officiating any games.  As Mamba pointed out though, it is remarkable to me how many officials wear their emotions on their sleeve.  

I saw several events this summer where collegiate officials were working the tournament.  They blow calls just like anyone else and it's to be expected.  None of us are perfect.  And although they blew far less calls than the high school officials and were far more consistent, the thing that stood out to me was almost none of them took anything personal.  They were there to do a job and focused their efforts there.  

There are some really good officials in this area.  And the ones who stand out, go about their business and aren't consumed with what coaches and especially fans are saying.  And to be honest, if you are paying that much attention to a school's fans to be able to rate them ("the whiniest and most arrogant"), I would have a hard time believing you are focused on the task at hand. 

I don't officiate anymore.  I have never, ever officiated a game that featured any team that I have any affiliation with.  My opinions, that you so graciously allowed me, have been formed over a long time of working basketball games.  Nobody gets into officiating to help a team out or hurt a team.  No referees are trying to cheat teams or harm their chances of success.  Despite inappropriate behavior and comments from some fans, I have NEVER lost the ability to be a neutral official and I resent that insinuation.  As to being called a bad official, both chapters always need more guys.  Step away from the computer and step up.

I don't believe that Hardin Jefferson will win district.  I would much rather hear why you think they will win district rather than have my character attacked. 

No character attack here.  Just found some pretty consistent “opinions” toward H-J when reading back over your past posts.  Also, noticed that you have previously told people to quit hiding behind a computer screen.  Don’t you find that at least a little hypocritical?  If you are so confident and sure of all your opinions why not tell everyone who you are?   I have not made any comments about how Hardin Jefferson will do this upcoming season and don't intend to.  After all, If I did, wouldn't you simply write it off as comments from one of "those whiney fans who think they invented basketball"?  By the way, when you disparage a team ( either directly or inferred) surely you must expect someone to respond sooner or later.

My opinion has clearly upset you.  I thought that was what a message board was for.  I didn't attack any particular individual.  I have opinions, I shared them, and then I gave you the context for my opinion.  You don't like it and it prompted you to read every post I've ever made.  You found more you didn't like.  And that's okay.  I would do the same, but I don't have time to wade through 17,000 posts.

I guess I am a hypocrite.  My user name here is not my real name.  I can't imagine the digging you'd do if you had that, though.  You could be like Hillary after Trump's tax returns!  But by the way, you were unbelievable when you played for D'Antoni and the Suns!  Much more fun than your latest career as message board guru.

As for "clearly upset me", that is simply a matter of interpretation.  If that is your belief, so be it.  As for being a message board guru, check my posts in the last 90 days on this board and you will find I am one of the more infrequent posters amongst the regulars.   I am nothing more than an interested whiney fan who thinks he invented basketball.  You certainly have the right to make your statements about whomever/whatever you wish as I have the right to respond to those statements if so moved.  As originally stated, the main concern was, if you were still an active referee, was it a good practice to offer comments on fans and teams.  If you are truly retired and out of that profession, then the original concern ceases to exist.