Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 89 - 117 / (2-2)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 54 - 72 / (0-2)
Kirbyville / 96 - 68 / (3-1)
Kountze / 119 - 143 / (2-2)
Trinity / 61 - 145 / (1-3)
Warren / 46 - 92 / (1-3)
Woodville / 134 - 41 / (3-1)

Heading into district play next week! Coldspring has yet to win a game this season and has also seen limited work, due to a cancelled game and bye week, so not much to base a prediction off of. Kirbyville struggled against Newton week one, but has improved since and is on a roll, winning three in a row. Woodville lost to a very good Liberty team and has exceeded expectations thus far. Buna played their best game of the year last week, beating the larger 4A Hamshire-Fannett, but still seem to be down from a year ago. Kountze has exceeded expectations as well, but was drummed by Corrigan-Camden last week, 69-32. Trinity has underperformed and has yet to play a complete game this year, struggling for the most part. Warren is a young team, with limited talent and should find themselves at the bottom of this district, unfortunately.

I expect Buna to beat Trinity pretty easily. Coldspring-Oakhurst has an open week. Kirbyville should beat Kountze easily at home. Woodville should bounce back and put it to their rivals over in Warren.

Game of the Week:

Trinity Tigers vs Buna Cougars

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Kirbyville 

Coldspring 

Woodville

Buna

im just not sold on Woodville beating Coldspring yet. And I still think Kirbyville is the heavy favorite 

Woodville will beat Coldspring easily, and give Kirbyville all we can handle. The 3 & 4 spots will go to Coldspring and Buna. The top 2 will be a knock down drag out in Woodville in 2 weeks. Mark my word. I can see into the future. Lol

I'm not convinced that any of the top-3 will easily beat each other. Coldspring has lost to two very good teams this year, Shepherd and Liberty. They were beating Liberty until the very end. Both losses were a result of second half collapses. It should be a fun district race to watch.

Ahhh....see that's me not doing any research. I didn't look at who beat Coldspring, I just knew they had lost twice. That's my bad and won't happen again. But still, I'm putting Kirbyville and Woodville as the top 2 with Coldspring and Buna as 3 & 4. Kirbyville is getting it together at the right time and Woodville is hungry. The K and W game is still my pick to decide the district champ. 

1 hour ago, WildcatBacker said:

Ahhh....see that's me not doing any research. I didn't look at who beat Coldspring, I just knew they had lost twice. That's my bad and won't happen again. But still, I'm putting Kirbyville and Woodville as the top 2 with Coldspring and Buna as 3 & 4. Kirbyville is getting it together at the right time and Woodville is hungry. The K and W game is still my pick to decide the district champ. 

If it's cool with everyone else, can we just play the Wildcats/Woodville game in Kirbyville?

5 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Woodville will beat Coldspring easily, and give Kirbyville all we can handle. The 3 & 4 spots will go to Coldspring and Buna. The top 2 will be a knock down drag out in Woodville in 2 weeks. Mark my word. I can see into the future. Lol

After watching Liberty play both Woodville and Coldspring i have to go with Woodville. For 2 reasons. 1 Coldspring didn't seem to have the guys to match up with liberty overall on either side of the ball, and I at least feel like Woodville gave us some problems, but against coldspring it was more of liberty creating their own problems. The only weapon coldspring had offensively that game was chunking the ball up deep in the air to #3 and they were only able to complete that only once all game. Reason 2 is actually my main reason and that is that Coldspring's coaches squandered a 33-0 lead against shepherd to lose 37-33, and even though liberty had some critical turnovers that allowed coldspring to even be in the game and go up late in the game, the coldspring coaches decided to go for it on 4th down twice on their own 30 giving liberty a chance to score and win the ball game they also threw a pass on 1st down that was incomplete on their final posession that could've ran off enough clock where liberty might not have had the chance to score. Basically those 2 things along with the very conservative play of the woodville offense and the reckless decison making from the coldspring coaches lead me to believe woodville will beat them and get 1st or 2nd in their district. I havent seen k ville play at all so idk about who gets 1st