2016 Football

TradenupBH

This is the first time in a while I've enjoyed reading the threads. Here's why, PAM drops from 6A and they've struggled a little bit with two games unfinished. They are worrying a little because they don't really know how they are going to do in district.

Everybody knocked Ned after WOS game, but WOS would probably beat just about every team in 21 or 22-5a if they played. People counting out Vidor and Lumberton, but they will be in the thick of things this year.

Now for 21-5a, first time Crosby is worried about what BH is doingThey'vehijacked almost every thread to beat their chest to give themselves confidence, but they know deep down they are probably going D1 this year and another early exit. Point is there is so many unknowns this year in both districts that we may not know who's all going to the playoffs until the end of the year.

This is what makes it fun, and there's going to be alot of fried crow served up probably starting this week. Lol

2 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

This is the first time in a while I've enjoyed reading the threads. Here's why, PAM drops from 6A and they've struggled a little bit with two games unfinished. They are worrying a little because they don't really know how they are going to do in district.

Everybody knocked Ned after WOS game, but WOS would probably beat just about every team in 21 or 22-5a if they played. People counting out Vidor and Lumberton, but they will be in the thick of things this year.

Now for 21-5a, first time Crosby is worried about what BH is doingThey'vehijacked almost every thread to beat their chest to give themselves confidence, but they know deep down they are probably going D1 this year and another early exit. Point is there is so many unknowns this year in both districts that we may not know who's all going to the playoffs until the end of the year.

This is what makes it fun, and there's going to alot of fried crow served up probably starting this week. Lol

I agree that all the unknown makes for a more exciting year!

You would be a fool to say that Lumberton or Vidor are not dangerous. However I think that PAM will be dangerous. The athletes over there can matchup with any team in 21 or 22 5-a. Central will be tough and Nederland is Nederland. Crosby should be the favorite for the DC, but Dayton and dare I say BH may have something to say about it. I even seen were 2 of the first 4 pickems for next week picked BH to win. I say this to you. Its awesome on this board for BH to be good lets face it you guys have a long tradition and are excellent trash talkers..... I like it when Dayton and BH are both good. I still think Crosby should be the favorite. Things could look vastley different in both of our respective districts. I have one thing to say GO PURPLE  PNG and Dayton!!!!!!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, TradenupBH said:

This is what makes it fun, and there's going to be alot of fried crow served up probably starting this week. Lol

I really don't think anybody from Crosby is worried about BH. They just acknowledged they're improved. BH fans are going to find out that even with a new offense when you play teams that are bigger, faster and stronger than you that cancels out a lot of what you thought you were. BH was the one team that ran something different that you had to specifically prepare for. Now you're going to run what Crosby practices against every day with more talented players. I think BH might hit a play or two due to busted coverage but you're not going to run the ball or run past Crosby like you were able to with teams you were more talented than. If you're qb takes off like he has been he's probably not making through the game.

As far as Crosby going D1, it is what it is. Last alignment we went D1 we lost to quarterfinalist Montgomery in the second round, the first year of that alignment we were undefeated district champs and los to semifinalist Dawson in the third round. Fact of the matter is the way the Fort Bend district looks Manvel could drop to D2 and if Connally gets in Cedar Park will be down in D2 also. Crosby could go D1 and get Nederland, a down Elkins and Rouse before they even had to play a squad like Temple. Unlike BH fans Crosby is used to going to the playoffs so it doesn't make a difference either way, we'll play whoever lines up in front of us.  

14 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I really don't think anybody from Crosby is worried about BH. They just acknowledged they're improved. BH fans are going to find out that even with a new offense when you play teams that are bigger, faster and stronger than you that cancels out a lot of what you thought you were. BH was the one team that ran something different that you had to specifically prepare for. Now you're going to run what Crosby practices against every day with more talented players. I think BH might hit a play or two due to busted coverage but you're not going to run the ball or run past Crosby like you were able to with teams you were more talented than. If you're qb takes off like he has been he's probably not making through the game.

As far as Crosby going D1, it is what it is. Last alignment we went D1 we lost to quarterfinalist Montgomery in the second round, the first year of that alignment we were undefeated district champs and los to semifinalist Dawson in the third round. Fact of the matter is the way the Fort Bend district looks Manvel could drop to D2 and if Connally gets in Cedar Park will be down in D2 also. Crosby could go D1 and get Nederland, a down Elkins and Rouse before they even had to play a squad like Temple. Unlike BH fans Crosby is used to going to the playoffs so it doesn't make a difference either way, we'll play whoever lines up in front of us.  

in bold, i'll take that any day over Crosby getting Lumberton lol

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You think Galena Park could make the playoffs to help send Manvel D2?

34 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby might be bigger, faster and stronger but the X factor is that Barbers Hill has more Discipline!

28 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

You think Galena Park could make the playoffs to help send Manvel D2?

IDK. You remember they sucked last year but their qb was pretty good and they had that one good receiver. The qb is back and I think the receiver is too. Only reason I give them a chance is because Ball got shut out 20-0 by Angleton and Angleton just lost to 4A El Campo. Elkins has looked like pretty bad so far and Texas City is hard to judge right now. If I had to put any money on it I would still say Manvel, Elkins, TC and Marshall get in. I think Marshall is the second best team in that district this year and they play Galena Park in a couple of weeks, if GP wins Manvel's chances of going D2 probably rise to 50/50.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Right, but it just shows that Crosby needs to be humble because starting 2nd round, you go from being the bully to be being bullied. Atleast that's what stats and history shows, and we know you're a stats guy. Lol

2 hitter quitter! Lol

9 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Right, but it just shows that Crosby needs to be humble because starting 2nd round, you go from being the bully to be being bullied. Atleast that's what stats and history shows, and we know you're a stats guy. Lol

2 hitter quitter! Lol

Yeah, when you've been to the playoffs 11 years in a row sometimes there are buzz-saws along the way. Difference is that BH runs into buzz-saws in district play.  At least that's what stats and history shows, and you know I'm a stats guy.

On September 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM, TradenupBH said:

I am very confident in Crosby this year. Am also worried about BH. Would be stupid not to be. And yes D1 is a much tougher road than D2 this year. 

Yeah, when you've been to the playoffs 11 years in a row sometimes there are buzz-saws along the way. Difference is that BH runs into buzz-saws in district play.  At least that's what stats and history shows, and you know I'm a stats guy.

Typical 14.2 post, but hey still no hardware. We can dust the one off from 50 years ago for you to look at. That's a history lesson for yo azz! Lol

Nobody cares how many years you've been to the playoffs in a time where 4 teams go every year. You're a district powerhouse and a regional creampuff. Time to deflate some Crosby heads. Average team with below average playoff performance. There's another history lesson for ya.

Bam!

41 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Typical 14.2 post, but hey still no hardware. We can dust the one off from 50 years ago for you to look at. That's a history lesson for yo azz! Lol

Nobody cares how many years you've been to the playoffs in a time where 4 teams go every year. You're a district powerhouse and a regional creampuff. Time to deflate some Crosby heads. Average team with below average playoff performance. There's another history lesson for ya.

Bam!

Will give you credit for that. An old trophy is better than no trophy. 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

Bam!

Lol, I nearly copied verbatim what you said but it's a typical 14.2 post????? Dude, you just moved to BH. Why are you claiming trophies neither you or anybody you know helped win? Typical TradenupBH post. Crosby knows exactly where we stand, everybody else does too which is why you have to point to other teams around the region to make your point. I will gladly be an average team that wins 10.5 games a year, makes a good run here or there and win district championships while 11-1 is considered our below average performance. I would imagine BH would build a statue for Westeberg if he can get them up to below average the way Crosby is.    

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Lol, I nearly copied verbatim what you said but it's a typical 14.2 post????? Dude, you just moved to BH. Why are you claiming trophies neither you or anybody you know helped win? Typical TradenupBH post. Crosby knows exactly where we stand, everybody else does too which is why you have to point to other teams around the region to make your point. I will gladly be an average team that wins 10.5 games a year, makes a good run here or there and win district championships while 11-1 is considered our below average performance. I would imagine BH would build a statue for Westeberg if he can get them up to below average the way Crosby is.    

Lol, ok then graduated from WB, we won one in 1982, lived in Katy where kids went and wife taught, a bunch of trophies, lived in PNG, who has a couple of trophies. Never lived in Crosby, you know why? Because they don't have any trophies! BTW, you wouldn't have wanted any part of the WB team I was on by the way. That's neither here or there, but your response is weak! Crosby got called out for trying to act hard (football wise) on the message boards, but we know they really soft as marshmellows! Your program is average at best, but hey whatever you want to spout off about to make yourselves feel better.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The beautiful thing about football you dont win on stats and history. I have said this many times before all it takes is 48 minutes to make history. Back in 1999 we were not in the top 10 and played the number one team in the state in the QuaterFinals the winner got the oppurtunity to play the winner of a stout San Marcus or a stout Schertze Clemons. We went into the Dome as much as 20 point underdogs by some sports authorities. We left the DOme 22-6 winners and a trip to play Schertze Clemons in Kyle Field in the semifinals. Stats didnt mean anything or our headspinning ride would have ended that night. INstead we had the chance to see Dustin Long lead a 2 min game winning drive to head the the SC the next week against Art Briles and his demon son Kendall Briles were they were able to pull out a 10 point win and stop the magical ride. Crosby has been building a pretty magical time for themselves lately. BH if I am not mistaken has taken a couple of SC in their history.  Should be a fun game. I have learned long ago football comes and goes in waves. You may think your scholl will not but I promise you it will. Coaches leave and talent influxes move in and out. All schools go through it and this I promise you if there are maybe a handfull that dont they are the exception not the rule. PNG has moved in and out of that talent pool for 91 years. It is just what it is. You whomever school you are will to.

10 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, ok then graduated from WB, we won one in 1982, lived in Katy where kids went and wife taught, a bunch of trophies, lived in PNG, who has a couple of trophies. Never lived in Crosby, you know why? Because they don't have any trophies! BTW, you wouldn't have wanted any part of the WB team I was on by the way. That's neither here or there, but your response is weak! Crosby got called out for trying to act hard (football wise) on the message boards, but we know they really soft as marshmellows! Your program is average at best, but hey whatever you want to spout off about to make yourselves feel better.

Well, I wasn't born in 1982 so there's actually no way I could've gotten any of the WB team. Sounds like you were a scrub in high school and a jock-sniffer afterwards. "Your response is weak", ". . . but my wife taught at Katy and I lived in PNG" is a better way of putting it I guess, lol?  What message board did Crosby get called out on, the one with Cedar Park and Aledo?

You're making my point for me every time you post. "Your program is average at best", yet we're still the best thing smoking around here which is why we tell y'all that you suck. If Crosby wins the most and is average at best then everybody else is below average at best, correct? Or did y'all not cover inductive and deductive reasoning in Beaumont?   

Well, I wasn't born in 1982 so there's actually no way I could've gotten any of the WB team. Sounds like you were a scrub in high school and a jock-sniffer afterwards. "Your response is weak", ". . . but my wife taught at Katy and I lived in PNG" is a better way of putting it I guess, lol?  What message board did Crosby get called out on, the one with Cedar Park and Aledo?

You're making my point for me every time you post. "Your program is average at best", yet we're still the best thing smoking around here which is why we tell y'all that you suck. If Crosby wins the most and is average at best then everybody else is below average at best, correct? Or did y'all not cover inductive and deductive reasoning in Beaumont?   

It was to your response tough guy about if I wasn't on a team that won state, then some weird deal that a person couldn't talk about state trophies. I graduated in the 90's. Scrub, jock sniffer? You're the one breaking down game film as an adult. I'm great with how HS sports went for me, lettered in baseball and football. Went onto college and became successful. I explained that I was part of several communities that won championships and those people don't brag by trying to put other people down like you. Typical living through your kids dad that thinks he was the best HS athlete in his time. Get out of here with that non sense.

Nobody is saying their programs are great genius, but you!! I just like knocking your big head dreams down a notch or two. Good lord.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

+26 (just like the # of D1 players we have :-)

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

As respectfully as I can say it, you look rather foolish coming from BH and calling Crosby's football team soft. We may not be the best team in TX or even the Region, but Come On, Man!!!

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

The beautiful thing about football you dont win on stats and history. I have said this many times before all it takes is 48 minutes to make history. Back in 1999 we were not in the top 10 and played the number one team in the state in the QuaterFinals the winner got the oppurtunity to play the winner of a stout San Marcus or a stout Schertze Clemons. We went into the Dome as much as 20 point underdogs by some sports authorities. We left the DOme 22-6 winners and a trip to play Schertze Clemons in Kyle Field in the semifinals. Stats didnt mean anything or our headspinning ride would have ended that night. INstead we had the chance to see Dustin Long lead a 2 min game winning drive to head the the SC the next week against Art Briles and his demon son Kendall Briles were they were able to pull out a 10 point win and stop the magical ride. Crosby has been building a pretty magical time for themselves lately. BH if I am not mistaken has taken a couple of SC in their history.  Should be a fun game. I have learned long ago football comes and goes in waves. You may think your scholl will not but I promise you it will. Coaches leave and talent influxes move in and out. All schools go through it and this I promise you if there are maybe a handfull that dont they are the exception not the rule. PNG has moved in and out of that talent pool for 91 years. It is just what it is. You whomever school you are will to.

Agree with you.