Rice Bowl 2016 predictions

About a week ago

The trip up against Tarkington concerns me but I'm going to give EC the nod in this one. HF looks like they have struggled mightily thus far, even considering that their opponents in weeks 1 and 2 are probably better than EC's first two opponents.

On a related but irrelevant note: I am somewhat of a contrarian and value originality. Mid County Madness has a nice ring to it, but it seems most other rivalries in southeast Texas are referred to as the "____ Bowl". So I am going to propose that we change the name of the game from the "Rice Bowl" to "The Rumble in the Rice Field"....

OK, maybe I have to much time on my hands, my imagination is over active concerning trivial things, and I need to get a life....LOL

3 hours ago, oldbuc77 said:

The trip up against Tarkington concerns me but I'm going to give EC the nod in this one. HF looks like they have struggled mightily thus far, even considering that their opponents in weeks 1 and 2 are probably better than EC's first two opponents.

On a related but irrelevant note: I am somewhat of a contrarian and value originality. Mid County Madness has a nice ring to it, but it seems most other rivalries in southeast Texas are referred to as the "____ Bowl". So I am going to propose that we change the name of the game from the "Rice Bowl" to "The Rumble in the Rice Field"....

OK, maybe I have to much time on my hands, my imagination is over active concerning trivial things, and I need to get a life....LOL

Haha Rice Bowl is all I've ever known 

12 hours ago, oldbuc77 said:

Evadale plays Deweyville Friday and I found out a couple of days ago they're  calling it the River Bowl (Neches & Sabine).   I like Rumble in the Rice Field - +1.  Maybe our game could be, "Muddy Water Mayhem".  Hey, at least we're thinking outside the box lol.

i think EC wins this.

19 hours ago, About a week ago said:

Some smack talk on Twitter about this one. Nothing better than small town rivalries. 

I don't do Twitter, but from what I hear, it makes the smack on this Forum pale in comparison lol.  Just getting on here is hi-tech to me, but to the kids today, this forum is like ancient technology.  I'm getting lapped on the technology track :)