Nederland vs Northland Christian

Who wins this game in the second round of the Conroe Oakridge Tourney?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game in the second round of the Conroe Oakridge Tourney?

• Northland Christian
    • Nederland

I saw them play Lumberton last night after the Ned vs Huffman game. 

They are a decent team but i don't think they can hang with the talent from Nederland.  Unless they saved their ace for today's game the bulldogs should hammer them.  They hit with some power but our pitching wasn't that effective.  With Nederland's bats and good pitching they will probably 10 run rule them. 

The raiders made a couple of killer errors in the last inning that cost them several runs.  I was hoping to see Lumberton play Nederland.

Mighty exciting game.  Nederland took a 4-0 lead after the first half inning and most fans sat back expecting a blow out.  First inning highlights included a 2 run homer by Josh Cabra.  NC defense looked suspect in that first inning and Ryan Sampare looked sharp on the mound.  Score remained 4-0 until NC player hit a 3 run bomb and made the score 4-3 after 3.  Other then that pitch, "Sam Perry" did great job.  5-3 after Moshier hit a double and scored on 2 wild pitches.  NC scored 1 and had runners on first and second when the Dogs defense came up big....a base hit to left looked like a sure tying run for NC when a perfect strike to the cut off man and a perfect relay to home cut down the NC runner trying to score from second base.  Score was 5-4 at the end of that inning.  6-4 at the end of 6 and a half when the dogs defense went south for a half inning.  I think we were only charged with 1 error but there were 3 plays that should have been made that were not.....bottom line, NC scored 2 to tied the game at the end of 7 innings.  Due to the time limit, we did something I have never seen in baseball before, we used the softball tie-breaker.  Starting with a runner on second and 2 outs,  Aaron had a basehit to center, scoring Micah from second.  Aaron went to second on the throw home.  Alex followed with a base hit scoring Aaron to give us a 8-6 lead before we got our "third" out.  NC scored once in their version of the tie breaker and we finally came off the field with a 8-7 victory.  I remember Beau had 3 hits and Micah had a double to go along with hits previously mentioned. 

Hope we get the final game in this afternoon. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami