Jasper Job

What is going on in Jasper. We have been hearing about this guy they are supposed to hire and we were supposed to find out who it was Wednesday and then it go pushed back until today and yet still no word. The time period for people to get out of their contracts is running out and yet Jasper seems to have made no move. What is the deal.

Because no quality coach in their right mind wants to go anywhere knowing that it's a 1 year gig. Its no secret that Jasper is waiting for coach Mixon to finish next year in Woodville then hire him back to be the baseball coach at Jasper. I have no problem w getting him back after next year but everyone needs to understand that all you may end up w is an interim for next year.... JMO. Good luck.

Passing on that kinda coach hoping that one that left will come back is a dangerous game. You put all ur eggs in that basket and Mixon doesn't come back then what you have. Another one like you have had since Mixon left. By the way lets take joe blow off the street for a year and then hope Mixon comes back. That's the right thing to do for the upcoming seniors.

Plus they are waiting for Coach Mixon to come back and no doubt he is a great coach but they had a chance to hire a guy that had made 9 state tournament appearances in 17 years and 6 consecutive appearances. There isn't anyone that can compete with that resume not even Mixon as good as he is.

I'm hoping they hire the coach u are talking about . We just voted in new school board members . I heard rumors they were getting rid of old coach they did also heard they wanted to get rid off superintendent they did . I wonder who's next on their list . Just glad we got new stadium before it was to late.

16 hours ago, fishcat said:

I'm hoping they hire the coach u are talking about . We just voted in new school board members . I heard rumors they were getting rid of old coach they did also heard they wanted to get rid off superintendent they did . I wonder who's next on their list . Just glad we got new stadium before it was to late.

what old coach did "they" get rid of ?

I'm new here but I am not new to the coach that is the top candidate. My opinion he is easily at the top of his profession. The one thing you had better understand is that the kids better be willing to give 110% everyday because he does. My son had the pleasure of learning/playing for him and he is hands down the best I have ever seen. He is hard, fair and honest. If you cant take being told the truth don't ask him because you will get your feelings hurt. He is a producer of a solid hard nosed mentally tough dirt ballers.

22 hours ago, bulldog16 said:

Because no quality coach in their right mind wants to go anywhere knowing that it's a 1 year gig. Its no secret that Jasper is waiting for coach Mixon to finish next year in Woodville then hire him back to be the baseball coach at Jasper. I have no problem w getting him back after next year but everyone needs to understand that all you may end up w is an interim for next year.... JMO. Good luck.

Jasper may be waiting awhile then lol just saying. Mixon has put aloooot of work into the softball program at Woodville and they will be very good for the next 5-6 years. Don't count on him leaving unless he gets a job offer he can't turn down. Based on the fact that he's already left Jasper once and lives in Woodville......well 2+2=4.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I am saying it's not likely. Then again, I haven't spoken to him, nor do I know him well at all.

RoadRunner, where did your kids play for Coach Jones?  Two of mine played for him also and I believe him to be the best in the State.  But what I hear is that the Superintendent that is leaving Jasper did not support his hiring so the guy that holds the record for the most consequtive state tournament appearances and 9 trips to Austin in 17 years will not be the coach in Jasper.  This is the second person in 3 years that has won a state title that has been turned away by this superintendent.

4 hours ago, AstrosFanatic said:

Has to be something going on in Jasper, the entire baseball staff is gone from last year. Rumor is 14+ coaches have left Jasper this past year, or something crazy like that. 

Makes absolutely no sense. Great candidates have been contacted and interviewed, great facilities, great tradition, and yet they cant get a head baseball coach in Jasper. Makes no sense at all.

11 hours ago, Woodville89 said:

Is it the Supt ? Or AD ? If your a AD recommends and Supt says no , AD needs to go ! Sounds like he may be waiting out Supt who is on borrowed time ! 

I think it was the Supt. that is stepping down that doesn't want him. Don't know what's going to happen when they get a new Supt.