Don Gibbons Tournament (LC-M) Scores!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones, Bears nip Hawks

Gabe Pruett

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — Ben Jones made sure the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Battlin’ Bears were going to be winners Saturday afternoon.

Jones belted a walk-off homer in the bottom of the sixth to down the Hardin-Jefferson Hawks at the Don Gibbens Classic.

The win moved the Bears up to 5-0 on the young season, an impressive mark considering how young the team is.

“We are definitely happy to be where we are right now,†LC-M Coach Steve Griffith said after his teams 9-8 win over H-J. “We have had some bright spots and we have also had some glaring miscues. We just have to keep getting better.â€

The walk-off homer was the second round-tripper of the game for Jones.

Chris Hearn stayed hot at the plate by going 2-for-3 with three runs while Jake Rowell was 1-for-2 with a run. Chad Richard had a double in the victory.

“This team is much improved since November, December and January,†Griffith said. “The part of this that is most surprising is the hitting. We have seen some fairly good left handed pitchers and we are putting the bat on the ball. That is what I am happiest about this early in the season.â€

why is LCM having a tournament and hosting a whole bunch of 3a and sucky 4a team like crosby...  if LCM didnt go undeafeated then there is a problem. the only team i dont know about in there is kelly so they may be the only half decent one..so who knows..

why does dayton go to the liberty tournament?

I think the teams you are referring to might disagree.  One of them won the tourny last year.

Thanks hfaninthestands, very well said.

Dayton Baseball

Calling Crosby sucky are we? That is not very sportsman like.  They were preseason top twenty five in the HS magazine. Regardless of classification, LCM saw some pretty dang good starting pitching this week from those teams.  Two lefties around 84 and a right hander that was clocked at 86-87 and there were some other good ones.

We use tourney number one as an extension of our scrimmages.  We throw nine or ten pitchers to work this years staff and build for the future.  No pitcher throws more than four innings and most throw only two or three.

Different strokes for different programs. 

Best of luck.

BB

To win the Brenham tourney...LCM's pitching will have to be very consistent.  They will be facing some good pitching up there, but if I'm a bear fan I would be more worried about my pitching.  Pretty much the whole LCM team can rake so they are gonna score runs, and other than Adam Leggett on the hill in the WO-S game..no other Bear pitcher showed me anything. Good luck LCM

Roll_Left15

did you get to read this post I left you on the other thread?  I moved it here so you could if you did not.

""I went back and read all of your posts.

1) stick to analyzing basketball.

2) It is not healthy to worship a human like you do Hearn

3) LCM pitchers have posted a 1.88 ERA in the first five games.

Unearned runs have been a problem for the young bears though.""

I was wrong about the ERA, it is actually 1.81 according to today's bear baseball newsletter.

Just in case you might be one., did you know that bear players were not allowed to write on this board?

bearbacker09,

1. I'm not a player for any school  2. It's not healthy for you to be obsessed with my posts.  3. I know what I saw from the Bear pitching staff and they were all over the place...I don't care about their ERA, I'm just saying they need to improve.

BTW, you call people idiots who make one mistake about a game on this board.  The Kelly game two days after the WO-S game so I got them mixed up.  Leggett pitched the WO-S game right??? yeah, he looked good.  Sorry I made a mistake...you ever made a mistake/???/ it happened to  me...

bearbacker09,

1. I'm not a player for any school  2. It's not healthy for you to be obsessed with my posts.  3. I know what I saw from the Bear pitching staff and they were all over the place...I don't care about their ERA, I'm just saying they need to improve.

BTW, you call people idiots who make one mistake about a game on this board.  The Kelly game two days after the WO-S game so I got them mixed up.  Leggett pitched the WO-S game right??? yeah, he looked good.  Sorry I made a mistake...you ever made a mistake/???/ it happened to  me...

I did not call you an idiot.

That was some current bear players that thaught you were an idiot.

I just thaught you were wrong.  This years team has three or four pitchers after the first week with a zero era and you said they stunk it up.

bearbacker09,

I called you an idiot.  That is because most of your posts are an embarrassment to our school, our baseball team and your family.  Feel free to post your name on here and I will introduce myself to you on the side walk.

You kids are amazing!!!! I never said that the pitching staff stunk it up.....I said that some were all over the place, and that they needed to and will improve...and how is it an embarrasement to your school??I'm just keepin' it real.  Ya'll are just getting it twisted and turnin' nothing into something.  I wasn't even downing the lcm pitching staff at all..in fact I hope they do well in the Brenham tourney, win their district and make a run at state.  Don't start talking about meeting someone on the sidewalk because someone else made an opinion that you don't agree with, quit being immature! This thread is done for me...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami