Vidor 13 Lumberton 2/Final

WOSgrad

44 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

As of right now,  we are not a playoff caliber team. Plain and simple. Doesn't mean their bad kids but we look like a little league team at times. Very young. 

Being not very good in a down district is not good.

is this right? if so lumberton needs a win tuesday.

22-5A

School                                    W       L

Goose Creek Memorial           6        0   Ozen 

Port Neches-Groves                5        1   Vidor

Lumberton                               3        3   NED

Nederland                                4        2   LUM

Vidor                                        4        2   PNG

15 minutes ago, fox said:

is this right? if so lumberton need a win tuesday.

22-5A

School                                    W       L

Goose Creek Memorial           6        0   Ozen 

Port Neches-Groves                5        1   Vidor

Lumberton                               3        3   NED

Nederland                                4        2   LUM

Vidor                                        4        2   PNG

We just got run-ruled by Vidor. And I can't imagine the coach pitching our ace on Tuesday after the last 24 hrs.  This will not have a happy ending folks.  Better to start building for next year. 

35 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

We just got run-ruled by Vidor. And I can't imagine the coach pitching our ace on Tuesday after the last 24 hrs.  This will not have a happy ending folks.  Better to start building for next year. 

why would he not throw the ace? he should of had plenty of rest.

10 minutes ago, fox said:

why would he not throw the ace? he should of had plenty of rest.

"Ace" was warming up and was going to pitch. "Ace" told coach he didn't won't to pitch against Vidor because he wanted to pitch Tuesday against Nederland. So coach pulled him and benched him...

Lumberton has to many players not playing as a TEAM its all about me,me,me!!! There are no LEADERS on this team and most of all,  the players do not respect their coach and it shows on and off the field!!

2 hours ago, VP93.... said:

"Ace" was warming up and was going to pitch. "Ace" told coach he didn't won't to pitch against Vidor because he wanted to pitch Tuesday against Nederland. So coach pulled him and benched him...

Lumberton has to many players not playing as a TEAM its all about me,me,me!!! There are no LEADERS on this team and most of all,  the players do not respect their coach and it shows on and off the field!!

Lack of respect and sense of entitlement comes from the home. Youth doesn't really have anything to do with, in my opinion. All of the selfish acts of individuals causes tension and forms a division in the dugout which is hard for any team, especially high school kids, to deal with. Parents need to get on board or off and bring their "superstar" boys with them. Again, stay classy L-Town.  Stay classy.  

1 hour ago, AuthorCoach said:

Lack of respect and sense of entitlement comes from the home. Youth doesn't really have anything to do with, in my opinion. All of the selfish acts of individuals causes tension and forms a division in the dugout which is hard for any team, especially high school kids, to deal with. Parents need to get on board or off and bring their "superstar" boys with them. Again, stay classy L-Town.  Stay classy.  

What are all of the selfish acts?   I've always looked at these boys as being pretty unselfish. Let's keep in mind that the results of the last 2 days was because 2 seniors played 10 mins of volleyball during a school-sponsored project graduation fundraiser. I've now learned that the coach told the boys "I don't want my baseball players playing volleyball". That is a little different than saying "Do not play... and if you do,  here is what is going to happen".   The coach is still the boss but I think most of us agree that the punishment didn't really fit the "crime".  Other schools give 1 game suspensions for MIPS. :-) 

3 hours ago, VP93.... said:

I was wondering what happened today because I heard something happened. It's sad that the SENIORS are the ones acting this way!

3 hours ago, AuthorCoach said:

Well the trolls are about I see. You have no idea what goes on in the "superstars" home. I noticed that this is the second night for the troll to show themselves on the Lumberton matter. I just so happen to be a parent of one of the so called "superstars".  My superstar has shown us that he won't be pushed around and intimidated by the very people we've entrusted to his care at LISD. You want to talk about class? He's shown us that standing up for himself and his teammates is far more important than bowing down and cowering at the very thought of paying a price for attending planned school sponsored Project Graduation volleyball event. He's shown his teammates that if you make a commitment that you feel worthy, then stay the course. I've heard that they didn't want an injury and it would hurt the team. Well, all fine except he wasn't injured in this very intense and straining volleyball game but was made to sit the bench which ironically hurt the team. You see, their's always another side to the story. But I'm sure you'll continue your posts about how enlightened you feel about this situation. Just know my son made a decision and judgement call. Like it or not we're proud of him. As he gathered his teammates out on the field today to pick them up and get their opinions on today's game I felt that was one of the classiest things I've seen all year. L-town is classy and hasn't stopped being classy.

I don't think it is about intimidation, it is about doing what is best for the team. If a coach makes a decision on what he thinks is best for the team then that is what should take place, anything against that decision is a selfish individual act, that no teammate would respect. If this young man has an opportunity to play at the next level, his every move will be dictated, and if he doesn't fulfill those expectations he will be sent home and replaced with another guy that will do what is expected.

2 hours ago, Mickey Mantle said:

I don't think it is about intimidation, it is about doing what is best for the team. If a coach makes a decision on what he thinks is best for the team then that is what should take place, anything against that decision is a selfish individual act, that no teammate would respect. If this young man has an opportunity to play at the next level, his every move will be dictated, and if he doesn't fulfill those expectations he will be sent home and replaced with another guy that will do what is expected.

Again, you don't know what has transpired over the course of weeks, months, and even longer. This isn't a one time thing. You kick a dog enough times, well you know the rest. My son has had enough rule by intimidation. Punishment deserved? Yes. Punish the whole team? No. The weren't drinking in the parking lot or broke a school regulation, or MIP and brushes with the law. It's a fun volleyball game that they committed to way before that day. The whole school was there to watch. So in my opinion he did meet his obligations and his team was there to support him. Nice try....

Too many idiots commenting on hearsay on this post. The chance of injury during a project graduation volleyball game is comical. A player looking out for his health that wasn't allowed to go through his proper warm routine is selfish? Believe me, the KIDS know the true story. They're united and I hope they can get it together and have a great outcome in district play. If not, at least they're learning life lessons. Some people seem to think they're best friends with these kids because they follow them on twitter, etc lol. These are some great kids with outstanding character. They also have some amazing, giving parents. Everyone looking for drama will have to look elsewhere, sorry. Good day!

1 hour ago, spoonbill said:

Too many idiots commenting on hearsay on this post. The chance of injury during a project graduation volleyball game is comical. A player looking out for his health that wasn't allowed to go through his proper warm routine is selfish? Believe me, the KIDS know the true story. They're united and I hope they can get it together and have a great outcome in district play. If not, at least they're learning life lessons. Some people seem to think they're best friends with these kids because they follow them on twitter, etc lol. These are some great kids with outstanding character. They also have some amazing, giving parents. Everyone looking for drama will have to look elsewhere, sorry. Good day!

Awesome post spoonbill! You get it. I've seen from these young men the leadership they've been craving for several years now. Most of these boys have matured into young men over the last several days. Very proud of them. Lumberton baseball has young leaders trying hard but getting knocked down at every turn.

1 hour ago, outanup said:

Inmates running the Asylum.....Right or wrong the coach's rules must be followed. 

Really?? So we're comparing student athletes to inmates now?? Asylum I'm not arguing with too much. Would love to see the rule brought down on this matter. The coach informed these boys that he didn't want baseball players playing in the volleyball match. Is that a school rule or the personal wishes of a school official? Is that an order? Is he the leader that sends these boys into combat? Are these students not allowed to think on their own even in a planned school event for a good cause?

Do we have to wait until these boys graduate for them to have an opinion or make a simple choice? Your child may blindly follow any order or directive from a school official whether right or wrong. Do you tell your child to follow any suggestion even if it's wrong? God help this country. My child can think for himself and for that I can take comfort in his ability to handle the next step in his life.