Best Coach??

Guest Indian Chief

Who Is The Best Football Coach In The Area?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Best Football Coach In The Area?

• Dan Hooks
    • Matt Burnett
    • Todd Moody
    • Donald Stowers
    • Craig Stump
    • Ronnie Thompson
    • Jeff Matthews
    • Bobby McGallion
    • Alvin Credeur
    • Curtis Barbay
    • Jack Alvarez
    • Bradley Morgan
    • Blake Morrison
    • Dan Hodges
    • David Martel
    • Paul Walker
    • Tony Valastro
    • Don Price
    • Mike Long
    • Larry Neumann

With all due respect, I disagree on the Mathews front. Vidor is slightly better than they once were, but still are usually cellar dwellers in the district. Mathews is not a BAD coach, but not one of the top 10 in the area, in my books. I'd certainly put him behind Hooks, Barbay, Stowers, Stump, Neumann, Credeur, Burnett and even Moody. The demographics in Vidor are pretty much the same as those in Nederland and PN-G, and I'd venture to say that they even do much better size-wise. Yet they continue to underachieve. I guess I just expected a genuine "turnaround" early on, and it's never happened. But certainly, as a player, if the coach is one that seems to care more about you as a person and player, then you know a lot more than I do. Obviously there's more to coaching than winning, but I think that's what we're basing this on.

One of the things that is the mark of a good coach is getting his kids to the next level. Once again, I'd like to put Hooks out there for this reason. With a little ol 3A enrollment, he's sent five to Division I schools (Beasley (Texas), Thomas (Texas), K. Franks (Texas A&M), J. Franks (Texas Tech), White (Houston)) over the past three years.

With all due respect, I disagree on the Mathews front. Vidor is slightly better than they once were, but still are usually cellar dwellers in the district. Mathews is not a BAD coach, but not one of the top 10 in the area, in my books. I'd certainly put him behind Hooks, Barbay, Stowers, Stump, Neumann, Credeur, Burnett and even Moody. The demographics in Vidor are pretty much the same as those in Nederland and PN-G, and I'd venture to say that they even do much better size-wise. Yet they continue to underachieve. I guess I just expected a genuine "turnaround" early on, and it's never happened. But certainly, as a player, if the coach is one that seems to care more about you as a person and player, then you know a lot more than I do. Obviously there's more to coaching than winning, but I think that's what we're basing this on.

One of the things that is the mark of a good coach is getting his kids to the next level. Once again, I'd like to put Hooks out there for this reason. With a little ol 3A enrollment, he's sent five to Division I schools (Beasley (Texas), Thomas (Texas), K. Franks (Texas A&M), J. Franks (Texas Tech), White (Houston)) over the past three years.

With all do respect i dont think those kids didnt need much help to get to the next level.

mathews from vidor needs more credit ive been through alot of coaches growin up and he is one that cares and wouldnt do nething that he didnt think was productive we came very close 2 winnin most of our games this year most of em were decided in the last 3 mins

His overall record is well under .500 and he's made the playoffs once and got beat in the first round.  The difference between a average coach and a great one is to win the close games in the last few minutes.  (See the NED vs LCM game this year)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83