Your team's WORST LOSS! GO!

As a player, coach, or a fan, what has been your teams WORST loss ever?  Meaning a team that you had NO BUSINESS losing to in the first place....And GO!

I would have to say as a player, my junior year at Houston Madison, after beating Houston Worthing THREE times that season, by 27, 25, and 28, we lost to them in the regional tourney by 1 point in 2OT! 89-88....I can still PUKE today thinking about it! Then they get POUNDED by 40 by North Shore, who goes on to state and loses to Duncanville...What say you?

My Sr year. We were #2 in the state. We are playing Jasper in the regional semi finals. We beat Jasper by 54 points earlier in the year. We did not take them serious at all and stayed up all night the night before. We played them at 10 Am and lost by 1. They got beat bad by HJ the next game. We also beat HJ both times that year in district if I remember correctly. HJ went on and won state I think? Might be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Dick Vitale said:

Losing by 102 IS a HORRIBLE loss, and being that HJ won state that year, seems like it was no upset there...I am talking about UPSET Losses.

The title of the thread is rather misleading. Ok

Hardin was 28-3 in 2002 heading into the regional finals vs. Frankston.  Frankston slowed the game down and had a big man that Hardin could not keep off the boards.  Hardin shooters went cold all together that night and unfortunately lost to Frankston by 3 to 5 points up in Tyler. Frankston went on to lose in the state game by a couple points. No doubt in my mind that Hardin was the best team in the state that year led by Coach Duane Joubert. This team featured all state Guard -Brent Anderson who has every individual stat record in the history of Hardin. I'd argue he's one of the greatest Bball players to ever come thru southeast Texas. Played his college ball at UT Dallas and is now a teacher for Hardin ISD.

As a fan I would go back a ways. We were ranked # 1 with a loaded team. Had four of five starters get college scholarships. We beat Garrison by about 50 in a warm up game at AC. Kennard upset us in second round. Garrison beat the team that beat Kennard and Garrison lost to Potsborrow by a couple points in the championship game. A team we beat by 50 loses by one or two in the finals. Oh well. 

8 minutes ago, bradyb said:

My Sr year. We were #2 in the state. We are playing Jasper in the regional semi finals. We beat Jasper by 54 points earlier in the year. We did not take them serious at all and stayed up all night the night before. We played them at 10 Am and lost by 1. They got beat bad by HJ the next game. We also beat HJ both times that year in district if I remember correctly. HJ went on and won state I think? Might be wrong though.

That was a bad loss.  Was that 2007?

My junior year we were the #1 TAPPS 1A team in the state and in the state championship game we lost to Plainview Chrisian by 15 points or so. Plainview wasn't ranked in the top 10 going into the playoffs. We had one player in double digits in the game and had 5 players who averaged 10+. I had 4 points and averaged 21.3 in TAPPS play. Also our 6'10 Center fouled out early in the third quarter while we were down 3 points. Our next tallest player being 5'11 and them having two players 6'4 and 6'5 they killed is on the boards. I still wish I could take that day back. Worst game I played in my ENTIRE high school career. Still hurts thinking about it. 

4 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Sheez, no wonder yall moved down in classification.

Yeah. Things were a lot different around southeast Texas 25 years ago. We played in the same district with HJ/BH/Liberty/HF/Huffman for MANY YEARS and we were the smallest school in the state playing teams TWICE our size. That was before all this pansy Division 1/2 bologna.