Why root for all the Texas teams

UTfanatic

OT asked what what happened to why can't we root for all Texas teams. This was brought up on a thread where I promised not to post.

For me it simple, one Texas team chose to leave existing conference to move east. And since there move, has more pride in their new conference, than their old state. 

"We are Texas" means something to me!

So you read the threads just don't "post" on them - interesting!

For me it is just as simple, one Texas team keep trying to impose its will on other Texas teams and conferences and well 4 teams decided to split - Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M quite frankly had enough and said adios.  Texas A&M from what I know and hear from almost every Aggie I know have been very happy with the split and would not go back - well for almost anything.  The fact that Texas has struggled on and off the field since A&M's departure is - well - just added a sugar coating to the transition. 

I used to root for Texas up until a few years ago and well just stopped.  Now I root for 4 teams every weekend - Texas A&M, Texas Tech and anyone that plays the Dallas Cowboys.  I have not become anti-Texas yet - but I feel that day is on the horizon - but really do not care whether they win or lose at this time.

I actually hope that A&M stays on the upward trend and that Texas returns to the Texas of old and that the two teams play each other every year - was fun win or lose to have the ability to talk current events and not "ancient" history.   I can take a butt kicking just not the constant bickering of the "well if we played no matter how bad (or good) we are we would kick your butt cause we are ________ put your choice here)."

A&M's new found love for the SEC doesn't really doesn't bother me.  They were searching for an identity and desperate to come from under the shadow of UT and I get that.  Some are more obnoxious than others but you can say that about every school. 

I am torn about the prospect of them reaching the pinnacle.  It's an awful lot of fun teasing them about being able to do it since the leather helmet days.  On the other hand, I have Aggie friends who I love and I think I would be truly happy for them were they to experience this after years of undying loyalty.  So I choose to look at it as kind of a win win.   Either way, there is some gold at the end of the rainbow. 

So you read the threads just don't "post" on them - interesting!

For me it is just as simple, one Texas team keep trying to impose its will on other Texas teams and conferences and well 4 teams decided to split - Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M quite frankly had enough and said adios.  Texas A&M from what I know and hear from almost every Aggie I know have been very happy with the split and would not go back - well for almost anything.  The fact that Texas has struggled on and off the field since A&M's departure is - well - just added a sugar coating to the transition. 

I used to root for Texas up until a few years ago and well just stopped.  Now I root for 4 teams every weekend - Texas A&M, Texas Tech and anyone that plays the Dallas Cowboys.  I have not become anti-Texas yet - but I feel that day is on the horizon - but really do not care whether they win or lose at this time.

I actually hope that A&M stays on the upward trend and that Texas returns to the Texas of old and that the two teams play each other every year - was fun win or lose to have the ability to talk current events and not "ancient" history.   I can take a butt kicking just not the constant bickering of the "well if we played no matter how bad (or good) we are we would kick your butt cause we are ________ put your choice here)."

There is no reason for me to clutter up an Aggie game thread. 

I really do not care whether they win or lose! The last time I cared about an Aggie game outcome was in 2011!

Reading threads without posting is interesting to you. Now that is interesting. 

Edited by bulldogbacker

There is no reason for me to clutter up an Aggie game thread. 

I really do not care whether they win or lose! The last time I cared about an Aggie game outcome was in 2011!

Reading threads without posting is interesting to you. Now that is interesting. 

Sorry I have to respond when I feel the need - so I can honestly say that I would have a very hard time not responding on a thread where a post interests me - I just have to respond.

Just who I am.