Deweyville at Hardin

O.K. I do NOT have a dog in this fight... BUT todays game had to be the worse called game I have seen in years. I made the trip to Hardin to watch what I thought would be a great game between the top 2 teams in that district. I can honestly say that the up ref was calling AGAINST Deweyville. A Deweyville girl spiked a ball and the up ref called it a lift.... Calling backrow hitter twice and was wrong and had to replay, all in the first game. WOW Oh but it gets better. EVERYTIME Deweyville scored more than 5 points in a row, the up ref would make a call and stop the game for 5 plus minutes to discuss the call with down ref or line judge after she made the call. That happened EVERY game at least once and twice in the third game costing Dville two 5 point leads.

Hardin did play very good ball and played well as a team and congrats.

What happened to letting kids play and the referees not affecting the outcome of a game. Which definitely happened today. Don't blame the Dville parents for raising a lil heck today. Wish the head of the association could have seen this game.  It really makes it bad on fans that want to go see a GREAT game between the two top teams in a district.

O.K. I do NOT have a dog in this fight... BUT todays game had to be the worse called game I have seen in years. I made the trip to Hardin to watch what I thought would be a great game between the top 2 teams in that district. I can honestly say that the up ref was calling AGAINST Deweyville. A Deweyville girl spiked a ball and the up ref called it a lift.... Calling backrow hitter twice and was wrong and had to replay, all in the first game. WOW Oh but it gets better. EVERYTIME Deweyville scored more than 5 points in a row, the up ref would make a call and stop the game for 5 plus minutes to discuss the call with down ref or line judge after she made the call. That happened EVERY game at least once and twice in the third game costing Dville two 5 point leads.

Hardin did play very good ball and played well as a team and congrats.

What happened to letting kids play and the referees not affecting the outcome of a game. Which definitely happened today. Don't blame the Dville parents for raising a lil heck today. Wish the head of the association could have seen this game.  It really makes it bad on fans that want to go see a GREAT game between the two top teams in a district.

Careful Murph....   They will fine you for complaining about the refs. 

LOL Just call it how I see it. I have always prided myself in NEVER blaming refs { or umps } for the loss of a game.  I don't have a kid that plays volleyball. Just an observation, LOL I just didn't have anything to do until softball and baseball season, so I started watching some of my softball players that play volleyball.  I am really getting into it.  LOL Have watched several of yalls games.. Looking good Sils 92

LOL Just call it how I see it. I have always prided myself in NEVER blaming refs { or umps } for the loss of a game.  I don't have a kid that plays volleyball. Just an observation, LOL I just didn't have anything to do until softball and baseball season, so I started watching some of my softball players that play volleyball.  I am really getting into it.  LOL Have watched several of yalls games.. Looking good Sils 92

Those Lady Tigers play well together. Fantastic group who are super smart.

Two seniors who are fighting to be valedictorian off the court.

Great group of juniors, two more top 10% kids, one a possible valedictorian, two others have a great shot at college level ball.  Had the pleasure watching most of them grow up.

They start slow sometimes, may have cost them the WO-S match, but the stangs played tough.

Its been tough learning the flow of this game. Stick with it.  Only 32 rules.

Those Lady Tigers play well together. Fantastic group who are super smart.

Two seniors who are fighting to be valedictorian off the court.

Great group of juniors, two more top 10% kids, one a possible valedictorian, two others have a great shot at college level ball.  Had the pleasure watching most of them grow up.

They start slow sometimes, may have cost them the WO-S match, but the stangs played tough.

Its been tough learning the flow of this game. Stick with it.  Only 32 rules.

Lady Rebs have valedictorian on team.  It was brought up by Coach Deb one time. My G'daughter was quick to point out she was in the top 30 - which got a good laugh since there are only 30 in the Sr class. 

Never seen it that bad km.  But I know so little about Vball rules it hampers my ability to get on the refs often.  Like you, I'd never watched, but it is exciting when equally matched teams play.  I know how surprised I was first time we sit at end of court.  From side you think ball just straight, but at end, most hits are dancing like a good knuckleball.  Was an eye opener. 

Well I do have 20 plus years of coaching and just as many umping or reffing. After the 1st game I watched, I did get a rule book LOL Don't like watching and not knowing LOL I have seen these two ref before and thought very HIGHLY of them. May have just been a bad day and being Saturday morning. But these are kids and deserve the very best we can do as adults. Lead by example...  I have never called an umpire a cheater, think some are more passionate about what hey are dong and others do it for a paycheck. I know everybody has an off day but kids deserve our best.

Well I do have 20 plus years of coaching and just as many umping or reffing. After the 1st game I watched, I did get a rule book LOL Don't like watching and not knowing LOL I have seen these two ref before and thought very HIGHLY of them. May have just been a bad day and being Saturday morning. But these are kids and deserve the very best we can do as adults. Lead by example...  I have never called an umpire a cheater, think some are more passionate about what hey are dong and others do it for a paycheck. I know everybody has an off day but kids deserve our best.

Well stated.  I agree 100%