Baytown Junior High Football

BlackShirts5

I think Gentry 8A will take HM 8A no problem..  Next up for HJS we have BH North. I think our Defensive line is going to cause some fits for alot of teams this year.

Game day. Which grade is playing at home this week? Our 8th wll be at Stallworth tonight.

You know this isn't as fun without any ponies or pumas to mess with.

Highlands 8A 6  BH North 0  Both teams played pretty good defense.  Highlands DLine played well.  Score came off a 54 yard fumble return with 2 minutes left in game.  
Highlands 8B 21 BH North 0

Should have been 12-0 at-least.  !st play of the game we HJS would have scored on a fumble picked up and taken to the house as well if they would have had decent refs.. SMH..  

BH85 what was up with your coaches??  We had the ball 4th and inches and we get the 1st down but get called for holding and your coach declined the penalty.. lol 

HJS 7A 19 BHS 14

HJS 7B 0 BHS 7

I knew our D-line was gonna be some thing nasty.  We have 3 DE's that can live in the back field and make it a long day..

Should have been 12-0 at-least.  !st play of the game we HJS would have scored on a fumble picked up and taken to the house as well if they would have had decent refs.. SMH..

BH85 what was up with your coaches??  We had the ball 4th and inches and we get the 1st down but get called for holding and your coach declined the penalty.. lol

HJS 7A 19 BHS 14

HJS 7B 0 BHS 7

I knew our D-line was gonna be some thing nasty.  We have 3 DE's that can live in the back field and make it a long day..

How's your offensive line looking? Ours looks decent, I'd like to see more size but we have a couple of big boys. I don't know which ones are going to Sterling or GCM though.

Also as far as rezoning the high schools, I've heard through the grapevine that the district is leaning towards leaving things as is, so GCM will probably be 6A next year, but I'm hearing this third hand so take that for what it's worth. Ultimately I think that's for the better. Even if they re zone GCM would still wind up in 6A two years later with a smaller area to draw atheletes from. This way they can take their lumps now and hopefully be more competetive by our kids junior and senior years. Hopefully the new neighborhoods going in will bring more atheletes. I would like to see Boyd and his coaching staff do like Sterling's coach and try to get more kids in JH and HS excited about playing and get the numbers up. I know of a few good atheletes that are just sticking with baseball.

How's your offensive line looking? Ours looks decent, I'd like to see more size but we have a couple of big boys. I don't know which ones are going to Sterling or GCM though.

Also as far as rezoning the high schools, I've heard through the grapevine that the district is leaning towards leaving things as is, so GCM will probably be 6A next year, but I'm hearing this third hand so take that for what it's worth. Ultimately I think that's for the better. Even if they re zone GCM would still wind up in 6A two years later with a smaller area to draw atheletes from. This way they can take their lumps now and hopefully be more competetive by our kids junior and senior years. Hopefully the new neighborhoods going in will bring more atheletes. I would like to see Boyd and his coaching staff do like Sterling's coach and try to get more kids in JH and HS excited about playing and get the numbers up. I know of a few good atheletes that are just sticking with baseball.

Ill text ya about the offense lol..  

This is going to require a new head coach lol..  As for feeding GCM highlands will be sending some good size and a hell of a defensive group. But as far as offense we lack any true threats.

Gentry can supply the speed. We have two tailbacks, a qb and even a a full back that had long td runs last night. The tailbacks and the QB are zoned for GCM, not sure about the full back yet but I'm trying to find out. The only thing that can through a wrench into things is the Academy enrollment. Hopefully those kids want to stay at GCM. Our defense was really flyiing to the ball and made some great open field tackles. Horace Mann has a couple of really fast, elusive running backs. They had a few big runs but we kept them out of the end zone. We'll be seeing ya'll next week. Bring your track shoes!

Gentry can supply the speed. We have two tailbacks, a qb and even a a full back that had long td runs last night. The tailbacks and the QB are zoned for GCM, not sure about the full back yet but I'm trying to find out. The only thing that can through a wrench into things is the Academy enrollment. Hopefully those kids want to stay at GCM. Our defense was really flyiing to the ball and made some great open field tackles. Horace Mann has a couple of really fast, elusive running backs. They had a few big runs but we kept them out of the end zone. We'll be seeing ya'll next week. Bring your track shoes!

If its the fullback I am thinking it is I think he is Sterling.  Not 100 on that though. I wont be there next week since Ill be at the 7th grade game.  But if you can video it would be sweet lol..

If its the fullback I am thinking it is I think he is Sterling.  Not 100 on that though. I wont be there next week since Ill be at the 7th grade game.  But if you can video it would be sweet lol..

I can't record a game I'm trying to watch, the camera would wind up broken. lol

Edited to add: Where are the country bumpkins? I'd sure like to know how Dayton and Crosby are doing. :)

Edited by John Blutarsky

HJS 7A 19 BHS 14

HJS 7B 0 BHS 7

The problem with the 4th and inches was with the ref.  There was an obvious holding penalty and your team did get the first.  The ref marked the ball at the point of the penalty and not where your player went out of bounds.  The coach declined the penalty due it not being a first down.  When your coach correctly argued that the mark was wrong, that allowed the BH coach to accept the penalty. Junior High games usually have 1 reasonably good ref and 2 not so good ones.  They messed up a few times, even on some when they got the call right, they just administered it incorrectly.  

Y'alls DLine seemed to start in our back field.  Our QB was getting hit sometimes before he could even start a fake.

Yea I figured it was some thing like that but still have to know the result of the play and know that ball isnt spotted at the point of the penalty lol..  Those refs were bad all around.. They didnt help either team but were bad.. 

I love this D-line we have. They haven't even began to know their potential.    

Only score I have is Gentry 8B 30 Highlands 8B 0.

The rest of the scores:

Gentry 8A - 32

Highlands 8A - 12

Gentry 7A - 13

Highlands 7A 13

Gentry 7B - 20

Highlands 7A - 13

Also according to the Crosby Middle School Athletics Facebook page:

Crosby 8A - 44

Horace Mann 8A - 19

Crosby 8B - 28

Horace Mann 8B - 0

Crosby and Gentry 8A I believe are the only 3-0 teams.

Highlands plays Crosby next week. Gentry has Baytown JR.

Thanks for the scores GCMinTheFuture.

Edited by John Blutarsky