Goodrich/Big Sandy

WHFAN

Guest allsportsfan

Having always been a part of 1A competition I have to say there is an advantage.

Spurger, Brookeland , and Broaddus are all examples also.

If these schools played football then their kids couldn't spend all of their time and concentration in the fall on basketball only. 

There is a huge advantage,just look at how much stronger the non football schools are early in the season.They can't officially start practices but they can do a ton of drills in the off season periods,plus just being in the gym shooting or playing pickup games is priceless.That isn't a knock on them,I don't blame them for taking advantage of the time.

yes.......and no. It depends on the coach and the program.

yes in that they practice much more than other teams.............

and no in that if the program is not the right one and the coach is not savvy and understanding of the situation the team will burn out and peek way too soon.

At the moment, BS has the right program and coach cuz they r peeking at the correct time.

and i don't remeber goodrich having f-ball even in the 80s.....could be wrong 'bout that tho.

Pending a disaster by both BS and WH, the game on the 13th at Evadale will be a true barn burner.

Well sure there is an advantage in not having football...For one the budget might actually trickle down to basketball, because we all know with football goes the spoils! Also, in small schools such as this it keeps the team together as one, not spread out playing football as well. I dont see a single con when it comes to this scenario. Its not their fault they are without football so they should not be blamed but yes it is a huge advantage!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder