SE Texas all-star team

Guest neon_bodeau

thur we go agin talkun bout sum uv dem plaerz frum du stiks

u boyz iz funee

if u save ur gas monee u can git thu hole famulee an take um 2 town an cum c sum uv deeze nicur skoolz

1-Ryan Donahoe-HJ

2-Tramaine Thomas-EC

3-Kris Richard-Ozen

4-Richard Netherly-WOS

5-#33-Silsbee (can't think of his name)

Off the bench:

J'Covan Brown (only if he can act right)-PAM

Haynes-Kountze

Brey-Kountze

Guillory-EC

Letsinger-WH

I'm pretty sure every one of those players that YOU listed were on Poppa's list.....??

Good Job Poppa. I haven't seen many teams play this year, but heard lots about them and from what I hear, you've pretty much nailed it. Pay no mind to the CHILDREN who don't have any business being on here. It takes a certain maturity level among fellow SETX fans to keep websites like this one enjoyable and its sad to see redundant disrespectful comments that bring the overall quality down. This is hands down, the best place to get information on SETX Sports on the net, so please folks (some of you), grow up.

Guest IndianPride

I want to add some kids.

Thompson, and Kerr from PNG

and the Williamsons from Vidor

they could come off the bench and give some good minutes!  ;D

SE Texas all-star team?  That's easy:

1  Weldon

2  Benard/Payne

3  Donahoe

4  Burrell/Sundgren

5  Durley

Just kidding (maybe)-- that's HJ.

If I wanted to field a SE Tx squad to whip Lamar right now, I'd start:

1  Donahoe (HJ)

2  Tramain Thomas (EC)

3  Stephen Moten (Oz)

4  Marcus Malbrough (WB)

5  Richard Netherly (WO-S)

and bench:

Richards (Oz), Joseph (Oz), Walters (Silsbee), Sims (Warren), Antoine (WB), Benard (HJ), Burrell (HJ), Letsinger (WH), Powell (KHS), Randall (Kelly).

My apologies to Busby, Bray, Haynes, Durley, Chambers, Copeland, Pace, Pitre, Buckner, Chavis, Guillory, Fisher, Malone, Savoy, and others I've overlooked.  I could be badly wrong, and I haven't seen every one of y'all play.

The fifteen above have a good mix of skills.  I'd get coaches Sutherland, Davis, Lee, and McCarter to coach 'em up for three weeks.  Then we could pack the Montagne and watch 'em run LU off the court.  

SE Texas all-star team?  That's easy:

1  Weldon

2  Benard/Payne

3  Donahoe

4  Burrell/Sundgren

5  Durley

Just kidding (maybe)-- that's HJ.

If I wanted to field a SE Tx squad to whip Lamar right now, I'd start:

1  Donahoe (HJ)

2  Tramain Thomas (EC)

3  Stephen Moten (Oz)

4  Marcus Malbrough (WB)

5  Richard Netherly (WO-S)

and bench:

Richards (Oz), Joseph (Oz), Walters (Silsbee), Sims (Warren), Antoine (WB), Benard (HJ), Burrell (HJ), Letsinger (WH), Powell (KHS), Randall (Kelly).

My apologies to Busby, Bray, Haynes, Durley, Chambers, Copeland, Pace, Pitre, Buckner, Chavis, Guillory, Fisher, Malone, Savoy, and others I've overlooked.  I could be badly wrong, and I haven't seen every one of y'all play.

The fifteen above have a good mix of skills.  I'd get coaches Sutherland, Davis, Lee, and McCarter to coach 'em up for three weeks.  Then we could pack the Montagne and watch 'em run LU off the court.  

AMEN!

Marsh is an excellent post, he could play on my team anytime. But if I am looking for a shooter give me Sims, thank you.  Hdbasketballstar,  Sims took two shots last night.  Our boys under the basket scored 40pts,  Sims did what he was supposed to do.

You have to put J. Brown from PAM on the starting team.  He is sometimes unpredictable but you can't be in the top 25 in the country and not be in the line up in the golden triangle.  There are alot of great players that I think that could make up the team.  It is going to be tough.  You have the big kid from WOS that was not mentioned I don't think.  Also the guard from Beaumont Central is pretty good as well.  The Williamson Kid from Vidor is pretty good as well. 

Poppa, I like the 2 team idea. East vs. West or North vs. South.

The bigger schools may have more numbers of good players, but there are some in those sticks that can stay with any of them.

There are probably 20 excellent and 10 very good players in the area along with a lot of pretty good players.

I would just like to be able to see the game these guys played in together.

You could even do a small school side and a large school side.

Sorry got carried away there.

Good job Poppa with your picks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83